Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is shaping up very nicely. I was talking to someone who used to run something vey similar to this yesterday. He talked about how he had an eight person league and three of them quit within a couple of days, which crippled the entire thing. Having 18 or so participants will ensure that a few drop outs along the way won't have much of a damaging effect. It's very robust, in that respect.

How will draft order be determined?

Well this is shaping up very nicely. I was talking to someone who used to run something vey similar to this yesterday. He talked about how he had an eight person league and three of them quit within a couple of days, which crippled the entire thing. Having 18 or so participants will ensure that a few drop outs along the way won't have much of a damaging effect. It's very robust, in that respect.

I think there is three methods.

1) The order we signed up.

I hate this version.

2) A completely random order.

3) The order of the size of the promotions (ie WWF, JCP, AWA pick near the top while Maple Leaf, WWA etc.. pick near the bottom).

I am cool with either of these.

Once dkookypunk43 picks his promotion or the freelancers?? then we can all pick our saved talent and get a talent pool ready for the draft.

3) The order of the size of the promotions (ie WWF, JCP, AWA pick near the top while Maple Leaf, WWA etc.. pick near the bottom).

I like this one best.

This one is dependent on whether the real life prominence of each territory is going to be maintained or if we're aiming for parity.

I like this one best.

This one is dependent on whether the real life prominence of each territory is going to be maintained or if we're aiming for parity.

Yeah.. maybe we should set up a poll? Do we want a relatively close representation to start or parity.

Interest in this type of thing usually fizzles quickly. The draft is fun and that first run of booking is interesting, then it gets repetitive and tedious. But we're a select bunch of dorks here at PWO. I'm thinking we can keep it going longer than these projects typically last.

It's s snake draft, right? So whoever picks last in round 1 goes first in round 2? If we use option 3, that should help ensure that an A-list worker doesn't end up in a C-list promotion while still giving the C-list promotion an opportunity to build a decent roster.

The "saved worker" plus the first draft pick should at least ensure everyone has two main eventers to work with.

Although, y'know, if your top saved worker is Bob Brown or Paul Christy, you got what you bargained for.

Well everyone else managed to get their picks in way before him so I don't think we should be wringing our hands trying to re-do the promotions listed for everyone else.

It goes by order of sign up, not order of getting in list. Remember a few people don't care like dedhemingway is cool with other options.

I can go through the listing tonight and figure it out exactly.

If dedhemingway doesn't care, we can give punk Central States and he can have Montreal, Vancouver or freelancers.

Grimmas - Toronto

Kris Zellner - GCW

Beast - JCP

Cross Face Chicken Wing - AWA

JerryvonKramer - WWF

Jesse Ewiak - WCCW

DylanWaco - Portland

goc - Southwest

El Boricua - WWC

dedhemingway - Central States/Vancouver/Montreal/Freelancers

Boon - Southeastern

dkookypunk43 - Central States/Vancouver/Montreal/Freelancers

dawho5 - Mid South

TravJ1979 - Memphis (CWA)

Flyin Brian - ICW

Peachchaos - Stampede

RockinCrypt - Florida

JHawk - WWA

Let's get this rolling!

I'd like to get my first save and the complete draft list up asap.

Ok, I think I got this to work so that everybody gets one of their top 3 picks. Let me know if there are any issues here. Only a few people got their 3rd pick.

Grimmas - Maple Leaf Wrestling

KrisZ - Georgia Championship Wrestling

Beast - Jim Crocket Promotions

Cross Face Chicken Wing - American Wrestling Association

JerryvonKramer - World Wrestling Federation

Jesse Ewiak - World Class Championship Wrestling

DylanWaco - Portland Wrestling

goc - International Wrestling (Montreal)

El Boricua - World Wrestling Council

dedhemingway - South Western

Boon - South Eastern

dkookypunk43 - Central States

dwaho5 - Mid South Wrestling

TravJ1979 - Memphis Wrestling

Flyin Brian - International Championship Wrestling

Peachchaos - Stampede Wrestling

Rockin' Crypt - Championship Wrestling from Florida

JHawk - World Wrestling Association

Does this work?

Looks good. goc went from Southwest to Montreal, but if that works for him, let's start picking our save.

Yeah, that is the biggest change but the only way it can work unless somebody adds a 4th choice or we completely abandon the first come first serve model.