Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be on the same time. Just run the draft through the board (or email if that's easier) and assign a block of time for everyone to make their pick. Do our best to assign the UK folks a block when they're actually awake. At the very worst, people can do round by round draft sheets and someone can make the pick for them based on who's left and who's on top of the person's sheet.

Just throwing this out there, but whoever gets Central States ought to get 1st draft pick. The only person you could even contemplate using your save on is Manny Fernandez and he wouldn't get saved in any other territory.

Wouldn't Harley Race be Central States? Then again, if he is NWA champ that does cut down notably on his availability to the territory.

Besides me (still deciding on what my top 3 list would be), who has not yet posted their top 3 territory preferences? I've got the following so far (let me know if i missed someone's listed choices):

1. Grimmas - Montreal, Toronto, Florida
2. Kris Zellner - GCW, JCP, Florida
3. Beast - JCP, WCCW, PNW
4. Cross Face Chicken Wing - AWA, Mid-South, PNW
5. JerryvonKramer - WWF, Mid-South, GCW
6. Jesse Ewiak - WCCW, PNW, Southwest
7. DylanWaco
8. goc - Southwest, Florida, Montreal
9. El Boricua
10. dedhemingway
11. Boon - Southeastern, Memphis (CWA), PNW
12. dkookypunk43
13. dawho5 - GCW, Mid-South, Stampede
14. TravJ1979 - Memphis (CWA), GCW, WWF
15. Flyin Brian - ICW, Southeastern, Stampede
16. Peachchaos - Memphis (CWA), ?,?
17. RockinCrypt - Mid-South, ICW, PNW

In regards to draft coordination, I like the idea that once the order is determined just put a clock (12 hours?) on the pick and if no pick is made within the allotted time, it is made for you via random draw of remaining wrestlers.

Before draft I would also like a complete list of available talent. Doesn't necessarily have to be broken up by promotion since that won't matter once the draft gets going.

Looking at the earlier list, why is Terry Funk in retired if we are starting July 1? Wasn't his first in late August?

I saw for

In regards to draft coordination, I like the idea that once the order is determined just put a clock (12 hours?) on the pick and if no pick is made within the allotted time, it is made for you via random draw of remaining wrestlers.

Before draft I would also like a complete list of available talent. Doesn't necessarily have to be broken up by promotion since that won't matter once the draft gets going.

Looking at the earlier list, why is Terry Funk in retired if we are starting July 1? Wasn't his first in late August?

Pick in order and you have 10 hours to pick if it is your turn. Once you pick, the next person has 10 hours. If you miss the ten hours then you can pick asap, but others can go on. Just like the NFL draft.

We're going to have to clear up before the draft which wrestlers have Japanese commitments and which ones (if any) would be freelancers where you have to ask for dates. Although I think there is an almost complete overlap of the guys one would think of as freelancers and the ones with Japanese commitments. Maybe it would make sense just to have them be draftable and any dates would be worked out with the person who has the wrestler? Or maybe set up where they rotate within a few set territories and that could switch every certain amount of time?

New Japan started a tour on 7/1/83

Abdullah the Butcher

Adrian Adonis

Brian Blair

Dick Murdoch

Tiger Chung Lee

Paul Orndorff (7/22 - 8/4)

All-Japan started a tour on 7/8/83

Alexis Smirnoff

Gypsy Joe

Jerry Oates

Terry Funk

Nick Bockwinkel

Gerry Morrow

Tiger Jeet Singh

Here is what I am thinking for rules. Let's use this as a base and hammer out if there are any disagreements.

Start Date: July 1, 1983 (July 1, 2015)

We follow the days and months of our year, but subtract 32 from the years. So you post your card from July 4, 1983 on July 4, 2015 and so on. Holidays can be from this year, no need to look up what day Thanksgiving was in 1983 and use the one from 2015.

Picking a promotion:

1) Everybody puts in a top 3 list and I try to make it fair, if there is any conflict there will be a discussion between the parties in conflict.

2) You get the owner, announcers and referees from that promotion.

3) You get to take one talent from that original roster onto yours. Whether a manager or wrestler. If you want a tag team, then you forfeit your first round pick.

Picking your Talent:

1) There will be a snaked draft from the remaining available talent.

2) It will be done on the board.

3) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP (like the NFL draft, put 10 hours instead of 6 minutes)

4) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick.

5) You can pick any available talent (ie everyone on the list, minus the freelancers).

6) Draft goes until all talent is picked or people drop out (Maybe a max roster of 40?)

The Talent and Booking:

1) Booking a weekly TV show is a must and any other house shows or major events you want are bonus.

2) The NWA Champion starts as Harley Race and he will remain Champion until every player who is a part of the NWA votes to change him.

3) Every player apart of the NWA can work together to determine dates on the NWA Champion.

4) Japan tours will be the same as what actually happened, so if that wrestler is on your roster you just can't use them while they are on tour.

5) NWA members can work together for trades and sharing talent, if wanted.

6) Any other trades can happen, but must be agreed upon by both players.

Freelancers:

This one is where we are unsure, I propose that that each freelancer is drafted out each month and get 1 month contracts.

6-Month Updates:

1) At the end of 6 months any unactive promotions or rosters are up for grabs.

2) There will be a re-distribution draft where each player can protect 10 guys and everybody else is entered into a new draft.

3) Players can switch promotions at this point, if wanted.

4) Optional: Each roster has one wrestler taken off of it through a random drawing.

Injuries:

1) Every month there is a random wrestler injured a random amount of time (ie promotions are numbered and a random number generator pick the promotion, then talent is numbered and a random number generator determines the wrestler, then a dice is rolled to determine how many months they are injured for).

So, this is my proposal of rules.

Other options are at the six month point there is a poll to determine the order of picks based on past performance.

Also, if promotions not apart of the NWA wants to share champions they can.

Titles, how shows are booked, etc... are all determined by player.

This is my proposal, we can debate any of this and go from here.

Looks like a good basis to start from. One question I do have. How are future events away from the ring going to be handled? I'm talking deaths, career ending injuries etc.

I think injuries we handle how we outline and maybe make a very improbably dice roll for there to be a death. Like roll 3 dice and if it comes up 666 then that person dies?

Looks like a good basis to start from. One question I do have. How are future events away from the ring going to be handled? I'm talking deaths, career ending injuries etc.

I think injuries we handle how we outline and maybe make a very improbably dice roll for there to be a death. Like roll 3 dice and if it comes up 666 then that person dies?
I was mainly talking about real life stuff like Magnum's accident or any wrestler who may have died during this period going forward. Do they still happen when we reach those dates?

I was mainly talking about real life stuff like Magnum's accident or any wrestler who may have died during this period going forward. Do they still happen when we reach those dates?

I like the idea of Magnum not having to retire in 1986.

However, if people want to stick to the book I will accept it. What do people want?

Here is what I am thinking for rules. Let's use this as a base and hammer out if there are any disagreements.

Start Date: July 1, 1983 (July 1, 2015)

We follow the days and months of our year, but subtract 32 from the years. So you post your card from July 4, 1983 on July 4, 2015 and so on. Holidays can be from this year, no need to look up what day Thanksgiving was in 1983 and use the one from 2015.

Picking a promotion:

1) Everybody puts in a top 3 list and I try to make it fair, if there is any conflict there will be a discussion between the parties in conflict.

2) You get the owner, announcers and referees from that promotion.

3) You get to take one talent from that original roster onto yours. Whether a manager or wrestler. If you want a tag team, then you forfeit your first round pick.

Picking your Talent:

1) There will be a snaked draft from the remaining available talent.

2) It will be done on the board.

3) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP (like the NFL draft, put 10 hours instead of 6 minutes)

4) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick.

5) You can pick any available talent (ie everyone on the list, minus the freelancers).

6) Draft goes until all talent is picked or people drop out (Maybe a max roster of 40?)

The Talent and Booking:

1) Booking a weekly TV show is a must and any other house shows or major events you want are bonus.

2) The NWA Champion starts as Harley Race and he will remain Champion until every player who is a part of the NWA votes to change him.

3) Every player apart of the NWA can work together to determine dates on the NWA Champion.

4) Japan tours will be the same as what actually happened, so if that wrestler is on your roster you just can't use them while they are on tour.

5) NWA members can work together for trades and sharing talent, if wanted.

6) Any other trades can happen, but must be agreed upon by both players.

Freelancers:

This one is where we are unsure, I propose that that each freelancer is drafted out each month and get 1 month contracts.

6-Month Updates:

1) At the end of 6 months any unactive promotions or rosters are up for grabs.

2) There will be a re-distribution draft where each player can protect 10 guys and everybody else is entered into a new draft.

3) Players can switch promotions at this point, if wanted.

4) Optional: Each roster has one wrestler taken off of it through a random drawing.

Injuries:

1) Every month there is a random wrestler injured a random amount of time (ie promotions are numbered and a random number generator pick the promotion, then talent is numbered and a random number generator determines the wrestler, then a dice is rolled to determine how many months they are injured for).

So, this is my proposal of rules.

Other options are at the six month point there is a poll to determine the order of picks based on past performance.

Also, if promotions not apart of the NWA wants to share champions they can.

Titles, how shows are booked, etc... are all determined by player.

This is my proposal, we can debate any of this and go from here.

I like all of this. A couple things:

1. People don't have to wait for their exact time to draft. If they're scheduled to pick at 6 p.m., but everyone in front of them has their picks in by 4 p.m., the person set for 6 p.m. can make their pick. That's probably obvious to everyone, but I've been in fantasy leagues where people think they have to wait until their time, so I wanted to highlight it :)

2. I don't mind the freelance monthly draft, but I'll still propose that we put someone in charge of the freelancers to give them a personality similar to what they had in real life. I like the idea of working with Brody and arguing with him over a finish. Or going back and forth with Terry Funk to try and get him to come back to my territory after I pissed him off because of how he was booked last time. Teaming up with other promoters to blackball a freelancer might also be fun. Hell, I might even consider giving up my promotion and running the freelancers if we go this route!

3. I say to keep the fantasy aspect of things, we don't kill off wrestlers or end their careers based on real-life injuries or deaths. But we should have something that increases a wrestler's odds of dying/injury after the date of their real-life death/injury. For example: After the date of Magnum's accident, whichever promotion Magnum is in has to roll the dice five times instead of once to see if he gets injured.

1. Good point to make it clear. You have 10 hours to pick from the time the person before you picks, not from any set time. Keep checking the thread once the draft starts. I choose ten hours so nobody can miss there pick from sleeping or work. I don't assume too many people will use that time frame though.

2. A player that is in charge of the freelancers and not a promotion seems interesting. That player decides where the freelancers wrestles and refuses jobs and if it is jobbed won't go back to that promotion. I'm not sure how it would work, but I'm intrigued.

3. I like your thoughts on death and injuries. It just gives increase probability, not set in stone deal. I will gladly be in charge of deaths and injuries and use random number generators to keep it fair.