Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

Might want to PM them, since they might not have checked the thread to see everybody posted their promotions.

As for the freelancers, I think the best thing might be to have 2 or 3 of the more knowledgable people on that era in the game act as BS detectors and be able to point it out and either have the person edit the results or have Brody 'leave' (ie. if you're jobbing Brody in the opening match of the card).

For injuries/deaths, I'm OK with this being an alternate history. Magnum isn't going to be in his Corvette that night. Adonis isn't going to be in a van in Canada. So on and so forth. Different people are going to be in the ring with different people so injuries aren't going to happen.

On roster limits, I think a good number is around thirty. Forty is getting to post-territory collapse 'Big Two' numbers for rosters.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far:

1. Grimmas - Montreal, Toronto, Florida
2. Kris Zellner - GCW, JCP, Florida
3. Beast - JCP, WCCW, PNW
4. Cross Face Chicken Wing - AWA, Mid-South, PNW
5. JerryvonKramer - WWF, Mid-South, GCW
6. Jesse Ewiak - WCCW, PNW, Southwest
7. DylanWaco - ????????????
8. goc - Southwest, Florida, Montreal
9. El Boricua - WWC, ICW, and Florida
10. dedhemingway - Central States, Southwest, WCCW
11. Boon - Southeastern, Memphis (CWA), PNW
12. dkookypunk43 - WWF, WCCW, JCP
13. dawho5 - GCW, Mid-South, Stampede
14. TravJ1979 - Memphis (CWA), GCW, WWF
15. Flyin Brian - ICW, Southeastern, Stampede
16. Peachchaos - Memphis (CWA), WCCW, Stampede
17. RockinCrypt - Mid-South, ICW, PNW

I responded to the PM, but I'll put it here too...

Like I said in the PM, the territory I'm most familiar with would be WWF, but that's a little more than I want at the moment. So...

1. Central States - Because no one else will want them, and I can mold them into something great. I asked in the PM, where I was told yes, but in the interest of full disclosure, I asked if I'd be allowed to 'save' Harley Race, and then get him back when/if he drops the championship, and was told 'yes', so that's likely the direction I'll go.

2. WCCW

3. WWF

Fairly certain I'll get my first choice, but, if not, hey, Von Erichs!

In my case, my three choices would be WWC, ICW, and Florida. I was waiting to see if any one else had any interest at all in WWC in case I wanted to cede it to them.

I like your style dedhemingway with your choice of Central States, I confess that's the territory i though you'd end up with when you said that you were open to any, but good to see you own it. :D

However we end up doing freelancers I just hope that my access to Abdullah the Butcher is not restricted too much.

So far:

1. Grimmas - Montreal, Toronto, Florida
2. Kris Zellner - GCW, JCP, Florida
3. Beast - JCP, WCCW, PNW
4. Cross Face Chicken Wing - AWA, Mid-South, PNW
5. JerryvonKramer - WWF, Mid-South, GCW
6. Jesse Ewiak - WCCW, PNW, Southwest
7. DylanWaco - ????????????
8. goc - Southwest, Florida, Montreal
9. El Boricua - WWC, ICW, and Florida
10. dedhemingway - Central States, Southwest, WCCW
11. Boon - Southeastern, Memphis (CWA), PNW
12. dkookypunk43 - WWF, WCCW, JCP
13. dawho5 - GCW, Mid-South, Stampede
14. TravJ1979 - Memphis (CWA), GCW, WWF
15. Flyin Brian - ICW, Southeastern, Stampede
16. Peachchaos - Memphis (CWA), WCCW, Stampede
17. RockinCrypt - Mid-South, ICW, PNW

If we are going by order of signup, barring Dylan's picks, there is only one conflict (JVK, Jesse Ewiak, and Beast all got the promotions Dkookypunk43 chose). The rest comes out as:

Grimmas - Montreal
Kris Zellner - GCW
Beast - JCP
Cross Face Chicken Wing - AWA
JerryvonKramer - WWF
Jesse Ewiak - WCCW
DylanWaco - ?
goc - Southwest
El Boricua - WWC
dedhemingway - Central States
Boon - Southeastern
dkookypunk43 - ?
dawho5 - Mid South
TravJ1979 - Memphis (CWA)
Flyin Brian - ICW
Peachchaos - Stampede
RockinCrypt - Portland
With Toronto and Florida being the two offices left, plus AJPW, NJPW and Freelancers of that comes to pass.

In my case, my three choices would be WWC, ICW, and Florida. I was waiting to see if any one else had any interest at all in WWC in case I wanted to cede it to them.

I like your style dedhemingway with your choice of Central States, I confess that's the territory i though you'd end up with when you said that you were open to any, but good to see you own it. :D

However we end up doing freelancers I just hope that my access to Abdullah the Butcher is not restricted too much.

I admit, I fully intend to burn it down and rebuild. Just want to see who I can draft before I settle on a style.

Here is what I am thinking for rules. Let's use this as a base and hammer out if there are any disagreements.

Start Date: July 1, 1983 (July 1, 2015)

We follow the days and months of our year, but subtract 32 from the years. So you post your card from July 4, 1983 on July 4, 2015 and so on. Holidays can be from this year, no need to look up what day Thanksgiving was in 1983 and use the one from 2015.

Picking a promotion:

1) Everybody puts in a top 3 list and I try to make it fair, if there is any conflict there will be a discussion between the parties in conflict.

2) You get the owner, announcers and referees from that promotion.

3) You get to take one talent from that original roster onto yours. Whether a manager or wrestler. If you want a tag team, then you forfeit your first round pick.

Picking your Talent:

1) There will be a snaked draft from the remaining available talent.

2) It will be done on the board.

3) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP (like the NFL draft, put 10 hours instead of 6 minutes)

4) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick.

5) You can pick any available talent (ie everyone on the list, minus the freelancers).

6) Draft goes until all talent is picked or people drop out (Maybe a max roster of 40?)

The Talent and Booking:

1) Booking a weekly TV show is a must and any other house shows or major events you want are bonus.

2) The NWA Champion starts as Harley Race and he will remain Champion until every player who is a part of the NWA votes to change him.

3) Every player apart of the NWA can work together to determine dates on the NWA Champion.

4) Japan tours will be the same as what actually happened, so if that wrestler is on your roster you just can't use them while they are on tour.

5) NWA members can work together for trades and sharing talent, if wanted.

6) Any other trades can happen, but must be agreed upon by both players.

Freelancers:

This one is where we are unsure, I propose that that each freelancer is drafted out each month and get 1 month contracts.

6-Month Updates:

1) At the end of 6 months any unactive promotions or rosters are up for grabs.

2) There will be a re-distribution draft where each player can protect 10 guys and everybody else is entered into a new draft.

3) Players can switch promotions at this point, if wanted.

4) Optional: Each roster has one wrestler taken off of it through a random drawing.

Injuries:

1) Every month there is a random wrestler injured a random amount of time (ie promotions are numbered and a random number generator pick the promotion, then talent is numbered and a random number generator determines the wrestler, then a dice is rolled to determine how many months they are injured for).

So, this is my proposal of rules.

Other options are at the six month point there is a poll to determine the order of picks based on past performance.

Also, if promotions not apart of the NWA wants to share champions they can.

Titles, how shows are booked, etc... are all determined by player.

This is my proposal, we can debate any of this and go from here.

I like this.

Notes on things not finalized:

I am in the camp of wrestlers retiring, injures, and deaths be the same as they actually happened.

Sometime before the draft, I'd like a list posted of every piece of talent draftable (and not draftable i.e. freelancers, etc.) separated by role (Wrestler, Manager) so that pre-draft I can make my picks on paper and just cross off those that get picked before my turn in the rotation.

Also since we are likely to finalize promotions by this weekend, is the draft possible for this weekend? That would give 3 weeks for bookers to work out their format, frequency of shows, etc.

On second thought, if it comes down to my third pick, I'd rather have Florida over Portland.

That leaves Portland and Toronto open for Dylan and Dkookypunk43 tentatively

I can be persauded to switch from Montreal to Toronto, if it's a big deal anyway.

Mainly wanted ICW because it was smaller and close to where I live so I'm familiar with the area. I travel a lot for work and I'm passing through those small Kentucky and Tennessee towns all the time. JCP would have been great too but I know there was more of a demand for them and probably more than I want to take on being new.

I like all the setup so far, I would rather not go by real life deaths and injuries because this is a new continuity we are creating, and I think it adds more to it for them to be random than to know they are coming. I'm ok with having a higher probability after the fact though.

Really looking forward to this.