Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thing is they did a lot of Japan tours so they won't even be around a whole lot.

So...put them up for redraft between Japan tours? Or have a separate draft just for freelancers?

At this point I'm leaning towards just including them in the regular draft. Whoever gets them will already have their time limited in using them due to Japan and would likely have them take outside bookings since they can't consistently book them week to week. If we go that route, would any of them "belong" to a territory's current roster and qualify as a potential save pick?

Might be interesting to just have a rotation. Everyone gets control of the freelancers for a month at a time and then it goes to the next person automatically without needing a redraft. This might create interesting dynamics like "if I deny this person's request for Brody is that going to come back and bite me later?"

Have the rotation clearly spelled out so if I want to run an angle that has Brody coming in as a special partner in 2 months from now, then I could look and see who is going to have Brody at that time and work it out in advance. Then once an agreement is made on advance dates it could be posted in a freelancer thread that you could use as a reference of "Brody is in Japan until this date/Abby has 2 weeks in JCP, etc

I'm not sure if anyone would want to use their save pick on a part timer, but it's up to them I guess. The only one I think might qualify would be Andre and the WWF.

I think everyone has already picked their save except Stampede.

Was a draft order ever decided? Random every round was a bit much, I think. I would be ok with all the other suggestions.

Might be interesting to just have a rotation. Everyone gets control of the freelancers for a month at a time and then it goes to the next person automatically without needing a redraft. This might create interesting dynamics like "if I deny this person's request for Brody is that going to come back and bite me later?"

I actually really like that!

Does control of the freelancers mean you would have them available for your promotion unless someone else wanted them, or just that you would just be in control of the bookings? That said, someone could book everyone they wanted in their promotion for that month, of course like you said that could come back to bite them.

Does control of the freelancers mean you would have them available for your promotion unless someone else wanted them, or just that you would just be in control of the bookings? That said, someone could book everyone they wanted in their promotion for that month, of course like you said that could come back to bite them.

If someone wanted to use them that way, I don't see a problem with it. I mean it's not like Abby & Brody never worked in the same territory together. Of course it could always come back and bite you later if you deny someone's request.

If I can use Andre for trades and loan him out a la Vince Sr., I might switch my save to him. But only in the scenario where this is allowed.

I really think you should be able to do that but only if you take Andre as the save. Andre is a special case, he was clearly a guy who had his bookings controlled by Vince and he stops getting loaned out shortly after this starts anyway.

But you would actually have to keep him and not just say "Hey I'll give you Andre for Ted" and be done with it.

So you suggest that every month the person in charge of handling the dates for the freelancers rotates. That could be a way to go. The only thing is that some months you'll get them almost entirely booked with Japan dates, so that may be needed to be taken into account.

So you suggest that every month the person in charge of handling the dates for the freelancers rotates. That could be a way to go. The only thing is that some months you'll get them almost entirely booked with Japan dates, so that may be needed to be taken into account.

It's never going to be fair. No matter how we decide to do the freelancers everyone is not going to be able to get equal access.

It does stretch credibility slightly that all of the freelancers would work the same territory then switch to the same one every month. I would be careful with going this route too much. It should probably control of the bookings and provide them with a territory to work if there are no claims for certain dates. What does everyone else think?

It does stretch credibility slightly that all of the freelancers would work the same territory then switch to the same one every month. I would be careful with going this route too much.

Well there really aren't that many, especially if JVK is allowed to keep Andre. Then you really only have Abby & Brody as true freelancers. Abby & Brody did kind of work like a touring feud at times.

It does stretch credibility slightly that all of the freelancers would work the same territory then switch to the same one every month. I would be careful with going this route too much.

Well there really aren't that many, especially if JVK is allowed to keep Andre. Then you really only have Abby & Brody as true freelancers. Abby & Brody did kind of work like a touring feud at times.

That's true. but we also have Mil Mascaras in the mix.

OH! I also think whoever is controlling Abby, Brody & I guess Mil should control whether or not they are allowed to do a job. So if I got Mil Mascaras for the month and you want to bring him in for a date, I am right off the bat going to tell you he isn't doing any jobs but yes you can have him.

It does stretch credibility slightly that all of the freelancers would work the same territory then switch to the same one every month. I would be careful with going this route too much. It should probably control of the bookings and provide them with a territory to work if there are no claims for certain dates. What does everyone else think?

There's a good chance the freelancers won't even work for the controller's territory that month.

I also like this method.

Are women and minis going to be freelancers in this control system, or up for drafting?

I actually think if we're going to say Abby/ Sheik /Brody roll together, that the midgets roll as another touring troupe and the women as another. I think that's all pretty realistic too. Midgets and woman HAD to travel together or they'd have no opponents.

The Sheik was also a "true freelancer", even though I'm not entirely sure what he was up to in 83.

Yeah, I asked about the Sheik in the roster thread (I think it was the roster thread).

Are women and minis going to be freelancers in this control system, or up for drafting?

i would probably go freelancers, but use a similar system for dates like the NWA champion.