Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I care is it's the difference between four Saturdays and five in July and I need to know how many I have to set up my first round of booking. Either is cool with me, I've honestly been making plans assuming the 1983 calendar anyway

Houston is a bit of an odd ball in that it didn't have any of it's own talent. It booked guys from other territories. It might create an interesting dynamic of who is and isn't willing to send talent to Houston on Friday nights. I think you are probably going to get a PM from someone offering to let you run their territory though.

I ran the Territory Wars over at the Place to Be for 7 years - I'd like to get back in the game. I have quite the resume with over 500 shows and 300 consecutive Monday Night Raws. I'd be willing to try and make Houston legit if possible - I know there are specific rules, but a guy like Gino Hernandez was a full time guy with Houston. Someone let me know.

If dkookypunk43 says no, that's him breaking ties with Paul Boesch. If that's the case I would like to work in partnership with Houston and their Friday night cards. Southwest is right there in San Antonio and had been in that position before.

We are now at the point where almost every person taken is a name off my list. I'm down to about 40 people I could see myself drafting, none of whom are really "sleepers" and are likely to keep going one by one. I have no idea what I will be doing in round 15 or 16. I have all the pieces to do the angles and feuds I want but actually putting together a full card may prove more difficult than I had thought.

I hate watching Killer Brooks. I think he's the shits and I have written that on this board a few times. That said, he was still on my list and this is getting tough.

I don't think there's going to be many matches in my version of WCCW in this alt-history's best of the 80's set, at least at first.

I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I should grab a manager to go with the Zambuie Express, and because they might have more value getting lower guys over than drafting someone with more name cache. Plus it would help build another angle. Decisions, decisions.

On a side note, I'm doing a similar 'draft' thing, on another board, mostly to build a TEW scenario, but that one is for every wrestler ever, with created promotions. My Los Angeles promotion, with Freddie Blassie as the 'owner', through four rounds (we don't lose picks for drafting multiple people, but they have to go together, you could get away with Patterson and Stevens there, but probably not Rhodes and Murdoch), is Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, John Cena, and the Guerreros (Chavo (Classic), Hector, and Mando). I think I'm winning >_>

Bonus points for him threatening to beat his boss with a belt and calling him a pervert.

Definitely. I should be able to have a lot of fun with them, and Muhammed especially might just work for what I was thinking of doing with Ladd and Atlas.

Might need to find a tag team partner for Tony Atlas.