Pro Wrestling Only

Draft & ongoing booking project interest?

Grimmas

I prefer just offering the freelancers up in general as part of the draft rather than them rotate from place to place each month. Especially if that month coincides with a big Japanese tour where they'd be unavailable to begin with.

But it's not necessarily a case of "I'm controlling the freelancers this month, which means they'll exclusively feature in my territory". Providing they're not in Japan, you would be in charge of their bookings for that month, which could see them working for any territory. Like I said, there's probably more chance of booking them when someone else has control, than when you do. If someone keeps them to themselves for the whole month, it'll piss off the other promoters and they won't want to do business with them going forward. For me, it's another wrinkle that'll make this thing even more intriguing.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are confused by how long the freelancers list is. I wish it was split off into separate lists. There are only 3-4 actual freelancers. They wouldn't be traveling territory to territory every month unless essentially everyone decided "I'm not sharing when it's my turn."

Can we get this going? The only reserve we need is Stampede and unless anyone is planning on taking Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, or Bad News Allen in the first round, that shouldn't impact much.

Yeah, I could see any of those guys being chosen early, but c'mon lets go.

I guess we should go ahead and set the draft start date and send a PM to everyone about the date (and to remind them that now is the time to get their feedback in on whatever matters are outstanding). We should have the final list of wrestlers saved, freelancers, available to be drafted and unavailable due to X reason (injury, retired , inactive, etc.) posted for the draft. I think any other issues can be hammered out as the draft goes on.