JerryvonKramer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UWF sends MACW Terry Taylor and Kamala for Dick Slater, and MACW's first and second round picks in the 86 Fresh Face Draft. Baby Doll will also be returning to UWF for future considerations.

Two wrestlers for a wrestler and two draft picks... Along with a manager... I'll go ahead and admit everyone has their choice with trades but this is one-sided.

I find the last comment ridiculous and out of line. Nobody has the right to question others deals. I have gone out of my way many times to help others in this game. I just sent Gene Mr. Wrestling II who he can use as a manager or wrestler along with Shane Douglas for Scott Armstrong. 2-1 and no comment. I went out of my way to send Central States over 10 wrestlers some of which were his top wrestlers and no comment. I have moved from Memphis when Gene came back the first time because it was his favorite. I left Sherri Martel in Lutte for nothing because he had use for her and now I make a trade that you don't like and you mouth off?

Terry Taylor for Dick Slater is pretty even and I believe Kamala for what will turn out to be something like Brian Pillman who had 10 wins in 1986 and Jimmy Valiant is a win for MACW!

In terms of Baby Doll, the following was your quote

The trade put Baby Doll on the MACW roster. That's where she belongs based off of that. Why should Spaldoni lose her because Fenton left?

I know you feel short changed here. Like I stated earlier... The trade with him for the pick becomes null since he left the game. His roster did not leave the game.

If Spaldoni wants to give you Baby Doll that's his call... But that trade went through and then he left. That's a process we have kept since the beginning.

Spaldoni was nice enough to say that she could come back to UWF which you said was fine and I agreed to send him something in the future if he wants it. This is more than I needed to do since he said he was fine with her coming back to the UWF which Patrick also said was the right thing to do.

It seems like you are just pushing me to quit and I have no idea why? I will start to investigate other booking options if that is what you want. This is supposed to be a fun game for all involved but I am not feeling that of late.

I just don't want to see anyone (especially a new writer) manipulated in any way (by losing draft picks). I spoke with Spaldoni, we discussed the trade, he said he understood and was good with it.

The draft is essential to have individuals gather new talent. This is how they build that talent to possibly trade in the future or make as a homemade star. When individuals lose those picks for one reason or another it diminishes some of that opportunity. I know for me, I didn't take any rookies last year... I drafted Andre. Since then, I have worked out a way to get a rookie Sting, someone I am excited about using and building along with other rookies.

That is the bigger picture part of the game, the longevity of creating a sense of ownership to the roster with the rookies and fresh faces. If individuals lose out on those, then we could have ramifications in the long run. This is not a personal issue with you, rather the entirety of running a project and trying to make it as equitable as possible for all parties involved to help create a sense of creativity and encourage longer activity.

I understand your thoughts but a promotion with Kamala and Taylor could also give a writer excitement. I will give everyone plenty of notice prior to Dec 11 draft on my decision. This has all of a sudden become not fun for me.

That is your choice. I do not want you to quit as you are a vital piece to the puzzle, I just want to make sure that everyone is playing on the same field, especially with a new writer inheriting a lot of intangibles with a promotion the size of MACW.

If I can chime in, I think that maybe the biggest issue with the trade was the draft picks exchanged, especially MACW 2 first picks. As I csn remember, you have gathered many of them over the year (including 1 or 2 of mine) and I would assume that you would use some as trade bait to get bigger players for your territory. I am positively convinced that there was no ill intent on your part and you genuinely wanna help spaldoni, as you did with everybody. The players involved in the trade were perfectly fine by me. I am hopeful that you choose to stay becsuse you are a key player here.

One thing to remember is this : part of the appeal of draft picks is that , if a wrestler has gotten stale for a booker of they have used up all of the storyline ideas they have for them, it's a chance to add some fresh blood and have more opportunites for new stories. If a booker is just starting out, they haven't used up any of their storylines yet and so draft picks might not appeal to them as much as an established name. Just my 2 cents, feel free to ignore. I am very much hoping that kevin will stay.