Pro Wrestling Only

Guys Eligible In August 1983

KrisZ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will be doing plenty of trades for two to three months at a time if that is the case. The Tongans are all well and good as savage heels, but that only lasts so long. I can see the Midnights lasting a while, but again they are going to need to be cycled out. I can see keeping the Rougeaus on forever and a day given where I am, but beyond that it's a lot more flexible.

IF you go the 6 month route... just have a mandatory 2 week period where you have to have a mandatory 5 trades. You can add more to the mandatory number if need be. Either way, you keep things fluid and enough people will move where new and creative matchups can happen in every territory. If anyone refuses to draft, we can figure that out when we get there. I think everyone would want to infuse new talent into their territory after 6 months so it would be quicker and easier than another draft.

Maybe we can create some sort of system that will enact some sort of randomness into the relationships between workers and us, the bookers? Sort of like the injuries, we roll a die, and, depending on the result, someone now dislikes you, or is more loyal to you, and then you either try and move them along or what have you.

You could just have promotions offer up 2-3 people every month for the draft and do a one round random. If they get a fresh face then they are good - if they don't they could pick from the other talent pool that was donated. At the end - if one, two, or all three of the guys they entered weren't picked, they return to the promotion.

So essentially if it were JCP and we offered up three job guys and we got the first pick. We could pick a fresh face and then none of our guys got drafted so they come back. If one of them does get picked, then we'd get the fresh face and the other two guys returning.

- You could also add - if someone were to put in 3 guys - they could have their name in the randomizer 3 times and whomever runs it would take the first time it comes up.

I don't think any of that is necessary. If you have stale talent, someone else is going to have stale talent and you can work something out. This can all be solved by just going into the trade deals thread and saying "I'm pretty much done on Saito and I will take trade offers for him now"

Here you go:

6 30.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Sgt. Slaughter defeats Swede Hanson (9:44)

WWF on MSG Network @ Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York, USA

TV-Show

7 23.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Tony Colon

WWF on USA Network @ Capital Center in Landover, Maryland, USA

TV-Show

8 17.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Pete Doherty

WWF @ JFK Coliseum in Manchester, New Hampshire, USA

Event

9 16.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Jeff Craney (7:21)

WWF on PRISM Network @ Philadelphia Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

TV-Show

10 12.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Rocco Verona (2:37)

WWF Championship Wrestling @ Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA

TV-Show

11 12.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Bill Dixon (3:23)

WWF Championship Wrestling @ Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA

TV-Show

12 11.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Pete Doherty

WWF @ Brendan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA

Event

13 09.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Frank Williams

WWF @ Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Event

14 08.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Samula defeats Swede Hanson

WWF @ Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA

Event

15 03.07.1983 World Wrestling Entertainment Swede Hanson defeats Samula

WWF @ Ocean City, Maryland, USA

• 2 weeks later...

I'd reckon there should be a random draw for this first batch. Promoters in line would have the option to pick or pass. If you pick you are at the back of the line for the next month or two, if you pass you get an early chance at September's month's new wrestlers. Then repeat random drawing every three months or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add another idea to this since we are getting within a week and a half of August.

I still think it should be random draw with the option to draft or pass and wait for a month with someone you really want.

Looking at promotion results, things have slowed down (or are non-existent) for a handful of promotions. I hope no one else drops out, but if they do, how do people feel about placing the dismantled promotion's wrestlers in this eligibility draft? I'm not sure what Wahoo and Matt decided on a possible partnership, but perhaps it's better to just open the floor up for all consistently active promotions to be rewarded with the opportunity to draft failed promotion's wrestlers?

I think we wait until we absolutely have to on any killing of promotions. If we all have to wait an extra month for new talent so be it. I'm not so keen on getting in new blood that I want to start kicking people out for being a little burnt out from the draft.

I think we wait until we absolutely have to on any killing of promotions. If we all have to wait an extra month for new talent so be it. I'm not so keen on getting in new blood that I want to start kicking people out for being a little burnt out from the draft.

I'm not saying any promotion would be killed involuntarily, I'm talking about when guys drop out like Dylan.