Pro Wrestling Only

Guys Eligible In August 1983

KrisZ

I don't like that system because it doesn't give everyone the same opportunity at picking up new talent. The pairings favor certain territories. We're paired up with WWF and I don't see Parv flaking on this. We could switch to another close territory in Florida and it'd be the same thing with Rocket. Same with anyone paired up with MACW.

We didn't go into this with the idea of "partner" territories and that's going to cost us the opportunity at big name guys.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like the idea that the sister territory takes over and then the leftover guys get dispersed in the next monthly draft.

I like this method too. It's not like there would a "fair" dispersal of talent if a promotion were to actually go out of business. If guys wanted to stay around that area they'd go to the next closest territory.

Besides, you can only get "lucky" once.

Looking at it that way, I don't see Barry Windham (for example) learning that Portland is closing and deciding that "Oh well, I'll just go up to Canada since it's so close" rather than go back to Florida or the Carolinas.

Maybe the sister territory can get automatic first draft choice, but otherwise it's just silly.

The bigger territories (WWF, AWA, GCW, etc...) would grab hot names immediately were they to become available.

Nobody had a problem with the idea when I proposed this just a few days ago....

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31443-crazy-idea-hear-it-out/page-2

In my mind, this makes it intriguing to let little territories become stronger territories and you never know when real life is going to hit us up like it did Dylan and knock us out of the loop. You just never know. Some people get lucky, others have to hold out a little longer.

How about a 1-2 day vote? And if votes take forever, are more people up for a draft that starts in late October than those who just want to release a few guys and draft some new JTTS types? I think we have to look at this realistically and figure the procedure out for when somebody leaves right now. I think we should be trying to get these kinds of things taken care of as they come up and get a set rule for them as quickly as possible.

Portland draft looks to be happening, but is separate.

One more time, I'm proposing that with these debuts every month, we'll make a random draft order. When your turn comes you have the option of drafting, but if there's no one you want you pass and keep your spot for next month. If you do draft, you go to the back of the line.

Johnny Valiant

Steve Muslin (Travis)

John Tolos

Kurt Von Hess

Thunderbolt Patterson

Bull Brannigan

Dusty Woods

Mark Savage

So Boon, if you get an early spot, you'd want to wait it out until September.

Does that work for everyone?

Once the Portland draft is over, can we begin this?

Random draft order done by Will or someone else not running a N.A. territory.

Available are

Johnny Valiant

Steve Muslin (Travis)

John Tolos

Kurt Von Hess

Thunderbolt Patterson

Bull Brannigan

Dusty Woods

Mark Savage

When your turn to draft is up, you can choose to use your pick on one of these guys are save it for another month. If you use your pick, you go to the back of the line. Then so on and so on. If we reach the end of the drafting order and there are guys still left, I suppose we can snake back through the people at the end who've drafted and give them the option to draft more guys, with the caveat of losing a spot in the next month's draft pending how many guys they grab.

September's draft would begin with guys who passed their August pick on and that would continue for October, November, etc...

I think guys SHOULDN'T have to be drafted and that they just stay in the pot for next month in case anyone changes their minds.

Thanks Kris for making these lists, here are the next few months of eligible guys...

August -

Johnny Valiant

Steve Muslin (Travis)

John Tolos

Kurt Von Hess

Thunderbolt Patterson

Bull Brannigan

Dusty Woods

Mark Savage

September -

Terry Garvin

Mike Fever