Pro Wrestling Only

Sasha Banks on the main roster

Sean Liska

it's sad that you can take any of the NXT girls and think of things that Kevin Dunn probably hates about them.

Like I can see Dunn pushing for vignettes where people call Charlotte a man, make fun of Becky's lazy eye, and he'd probably book Bayley as a retard. Sasha I can see him liking her look and gimmick because she's "urban" and "catty", but he probably hates her work.

none of this stuff should ever even enter the equation, but that's how guys like Vince and Dunn think.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not helping Charlotte that they have her playing face. I've never found her the least bit sympathetic or likeable.

The problem is that she looks like David.

She also hasn't quite figured out that a face can be contorted as a way to convey emotion. It is one constant, blank slate.

From what I cant tell, Sasha is a student of the game, She lives wrestling, she studies it. On Sunday the day of Battleground she tweeted about Dynamite vs Tiger Mask and the day of the last TakeOver she tweeted about watching Dean vs Eddie matches to prepare for her match. She'll tell you in a heart beat that She wasnt a fan of the women growing up, She is influenced by Eddie and Dean ect. She could get by off here charactor and looks but she really wants to be a good worker and she has gotten a chance to grow in NXT on top of the fact that she did spent time on the indies prior to getting signed,

But long before this whole Revoloution thing some of the Divas have tried to put more effort in their inring work, I remember reading about the Bellas studing Joshi which is no surprise because of Bryan. Even before that during Eve Torres run I heard the Divas were watching shimmer so its not like these other Divas dont want to be good.

I think you are only going to get better by working guys better than you so I think Becky, Paige, Bayley and Sasha ect will be a benefit on top of the fact you got Finlay and Del Rey as agent with hopefully more time to work with bell to bell

If they want them to get better, that is genuinely become smoother in the ring, they'd have them working mixed (as in genuinely intergender) matches on the road with your Tyson Kidds (I know he's injured but he's the best example and had a ready made partner in Natalya) and other quick, crisp guys they're otherwise doing nothing with. Shit, crazy as it sounds, but they're a bigger focus than Cesaro, have Sasha go 15-20 with him on house shows. Who's the last female talent to be a great worker?Has there been one since Yoshida 15 years ago? I don't think Cesaro's a great worker either but he's a whole lot crisper than any of the women and he'll tighten up Sasha's work as much as she's able.

Tyson needs full-time care at this point apparently, so they have given her time off to take care of him. His injury was really bad from what I understand -- to the point where it could have paralyzed him or worse. He's very fortunate, although he's still in bad shape.

Yeah Tyson was told he basically had the same type injury as Christopher Reeve and the only thing that saved his life was having a muscular neck.

As far as the women go, having HHH in their corner is going to be the thing that ultimately makes this thing a success. Bewteen Steph's on air role and Hunter posting selfies with his girls on Twitter, I think that's going to ensure that the women will get better placement on the shows and avoid the inevitable burial they'd get otherwise.

Not that the bar was set particularly high, but the matches have been better with the NXT crew, they're getting more time, and the crowd is reacting to them more than before. As long as they hold up their end of the deal, things should be fine. They probably won't be main eventing shows like they were on NXT, but if they succeed in making women's wrestling in WWE more than just the bathroom break/model fighting division it had been that's a win right there.

If they want them to get better, that is genuinely become smoother in the ring, they'd have them working mixed (as in genuinely intergender) matches on the road with your Tyson Kidds (I know he's injured but he's the best example and had a ready made partner in Natalya) and other quick, crisp guys they're otherwise doing nothing with. Shit, crazy as it sounds, but they're a bigger focus than Cesaro, have Sasha go 15-20 with him on house shows.

Give Brian Kendrick a Caitlyn Jenner gimmick.

Who's the last female talent to be a great worker?Has there been one since Yoshida 15 years ago?

Meiko Satomura, Azumi Hyuga, Yoshiko Tamua, Kana. Actually, Kana would be exactly the person to bring in to work on strikes and matwork. Hell, Kairi Hojo has had 2 MOTYC in the last 2 months and would be the perfect face to work against Sasha.

intergender matches

Ugh. No, there is absolutely no need for that shit. They suck on the indies, they suck in Japan, they suck in Mexico and Lucha Underground, they suck period.

That aside, has anyone actually come out and said what caused Tyson's injury? The only explanation I've seen is he bumped wrong for the Muscle Buster.

The point wasn't about having strong matches, as such, but making them have to keep up with Cesaro, or Neville bouncing around lightening fast, etc.

They also need to work on differentiating themselves from the guys stylistically. It's WWE so they'll only go so far, but they could do more with their flexibility (Melina used hers quite well, think of how more sat in the basic boston crabs etc where in AJW), maybe work that bit quicker, etc.

Watched the Divas matches from this week's TV. The Bellas vs. B.A.D. tag from Smackdown was the first good match that they've had since the NXT women got called up. Sasha got to be Sasha while Naomi had a had some fun offense. I liked her bulldog into the corner and the modified codebreaker where she used her feet instead of her knees. Brie was a decent enough face in peril, and Nikki threw some really nice elbows after the hot tag. Only real bad spot was Alicia Fox showing that you shouldn't try to do a spear with heels on.

On NXT, Bailey cut a promo saying she was going after the NXT women's title, and then challenged Charlotte. It will be interesting to see how they handle this, whether it will be similar to Balor/Owens or they do something different. Can't see them putting Bailey over both Charlotte and Sasha when they're already pushing them to the top of the main roster.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the last couple weeks if Vince had fallen out of love with Lana and bam it's being reported that her push is being scaled back now. Eva Marie is the new interest and is set to return and get a big push in the Divas Revolution storyline

If that happens then Vince is more out of touch than I thought and it would ruin the current joy I am having with the WWE. Let's hope this is false.