Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8-10-8/16

Strummer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cesaro needs to wear suits from here on out. Someone's gonna argue that making him too stylish is a heel thing but it worked for The Rock and Flair when they were faces.

honestly a huge portion of the roster needs to be allowed to wear street clothes regularly. forcing everyone to wear their own merch makes everyone look lame and stifles individual personality so much.

Miz has really turned the corner and is a tremendous persona now, as opposed to a guy working hard to act like a tremendous persona. There's a confidence there that wasn't there before. He seems to deliver in every segment he's in these days. It makes me feel bad that he was pushed a little too soon and too hard.

Wow! For being a heel, Brie Bella really got the crowd rooting for her!

They've been booked as tweeners since the beginning of the angle. Faces vs B.A.D., heels vs whatever the other 3 are called this week.

Cesaro needs to wear suits from here on out. Someone's gonna argue that making him too stylish is a heel thing but it worked for The Rock and Flair when they were faces.

honestly a huge portion of the roster needs to be allowed to wear street clothes regularly. forcing everyone to wear their own merch makes everyone look lame and stifles individual personality so much.

Well if your not getting a push because your merch isn't selling, then you might as well. I do get a kick out of Ryback wearing his own merch. I'd be disappointed if I order his shirt and it wasn't a overstretched musleshirt. That's false advertising.

Yeah. Miz has been a fantastic heel lately. It was his big personality and knack for showmanship that got him so over in the first place, which is what led to them going full-throttle with him towards the title run. Honestly, in hindsight, it came way too soon and didn't quite click like some thought it could have. And I really don't think he's the type to put in that spot to begin with, but he's perfectly suitable for being a mid-card heat magnet.

All that being said, with him returning to form here lately, it's almost enough to make me think they should do a program between Miz & Bryan - if & when Daniel returns to the ring. Of course, I'd cringe at the idea of Bryan trying for one of his suicide dives onto Miz on the outside. Wouldn't be a very wise. But they've got built-in history and one of those grudges they could always go back to - dating back to Bryan's very first appearance with the company. And they've got decent chemistry.

Oh. And Stephen Amell owned every segment he was in here. Totally outclassed Neville in that backstage scene. Christ. I mean, the guy's like a D-list actor that gets a lot of flack for being one of those "CW angst drama" hammy types, but - even if that's the case (and it often IS with some of the the writing on Arrow unfortunately) - he didn't show it here. The guy brought the goods. Amell showed more fire & intensity in his delivery than the majority of their babyface roster - both physically and on the mic. Loved it.

And it honestly has me hoping the match goes well enough that he works with them again later down the road. If his career experiences any upswing off the Ninja Turtle sequel & all that, then it could certainly happen.

And Stephen Amell shows the value in being a professionally trained actor. WWE is obviously committed to the variety show vision of what they are, so they should have acting coaches at the Performance Center and teach these guys how to do it right. The same thing happened several years ago when Thea Vidale was in all of those backstage skits and outclassed everyone.

And Stephen Amell shows the value in being a professionally trained actor. WWE is obviously committed to the variety show vision of what they are, so they should have acting coaches at the Performance Center and teach these guys how to do it right. The same thing happened several years ago when Thea Vidale was in all of those backstage skits and outclassed everyone.

And Jon Stewart earlier this year. He killed it

They should give him a Summerslam jobber match vs Slater or someone if he's back.

I LOVE the idea of Stephanie telling him he has to start from the bottom and programming him with someone like Slater to start. They could stretch that out for two years and just let the crowd determine how far to take it.

Funny idea, but I don't know about 2 years. Even if he comes back, I can't help, but think he's on borrowed time and should probably in a more effective role than feuding with a jobber even for a month.

Before Dusty died, he was the promo coach. They even have a little studio where they can cut practice promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1VWVvLuS2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXbqV-OpEGk

They could probably benefit from having an actual professional teach them, but you hear reports of guys Reigns going to classes and still coming off as stilted.

https://twitter.com/HowardLFine/status/531513940636106752

Didn't John Morrison reportedly see an acting coach during his WWE tenure, and he was forever terrible.

I remember seeing one of the Performance Centre acting clips featuring Adrian Neville and Mason Ryan. It involved Neville as a customer complaining that his burger wasn't made properly, which sent Ryan off on a strangling spree. It was surreal.

The idea of not having Heyman on shows when Brock isn't there is mind boggling. No one else in the company can sell a PPV like him, and if you want to make SummerSlam the clear #2 show after Mania why would you not want him out there every week? They'd rather have the announcers out there insulting people who pay full price for the PPV. It's like this company hates money sometimes.

The idea of not having Heyman on shows when Brock isn't there is mind boggling. No one else in the company can sell a PPV like him, and if you want to make SummerSlam the clear #2 show after Mania why would you not want him out there every week? They'd rather have the announcers out there insulting people who pay full price for the PPV. It's like this company hates money sometimes.

He just cut his money promo last week, what else is there for him to really say?

Also, I'm really puzzled by Cena's appearance on Tough Enough tonight. First of all, he's still obviously in immense pain, and this is a guy who has worked through some awful injuries and delivered great matches without losing a step. So he probably has it really rough right now, and that sucks for him. But also, perhaps I was wrong, but it seemed like they were building up seeing Cena's face to be something much bigger than that. I didn't expect to see him before Summerslam, although I could also see the logic in him showing up on the go-home show so that fans know the match is on. I hate saying stuff doesn't matter because I think everything should and want everything to matter, but I guess he could still do a brawl and send Rollins scurrying from the ring on Raw, since they probably consider Tough Enough a different worked reality than what happens on regular WWE TV. Still though, considering how gruesome those photos were, his big reveal had the chance to be sort of a moment.

Too bad Saturday Morning Slam isn't around anymore. It was a kid-friendly show that forbade any moves that targeted the neck. (I think strikes too as they cut away from Kofi's finishing move when he appeared.) He had a fun comedy match with Tyson when neither of them took any real bumps.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xujf9s_tyson-kidd-vs-daniel-bryan-saturday-morning-slam-10-20-12_sport

Side note, I think Santino may be my least favorite commentator ever.

And also, I'd love for Daniel Bryan to come back and slay Brock Lesnar while they build around him for the next few years, but that's not the only way he can be used, and at this point, the timing of the injuries has been so bad that I'm not sold that he even should have another main event run. If anyone has a different idea that would do these things, I'm all ears.

- Use him in a way on TV that has the potential to build momentum for him again and eventually make the last two injuries seem like a distant memory

- Put him in a role where if he's injured yet again, they aren't having to sacrifice too much of whatever their plan was

- Give exposure to some lower-card guys who need it and would benefit from a good match with Bryan

- See if the fan support is still there to elevate him to main events without preordaining that it absolutely is or isn't there

I'd love to hear other ideas if they can hit all four of those points.

And also, I'd love for Daniel Bryan to come back and slay Brock Lesnar while they build around him for the next few years, but that's not the only way he can be used, and at this point, the timing of the injuries has been so bad that I'm not sold that he even should have another main event run. If anyone has a different idea that would do these things, I'm all ears.

- Use him in a way on TV that has the potential to build momentum for him again and eventually make the last two injuries seem like a distant memory

- Put him in a role where if he's injured yet again, they aren't having to sacrifice too much of whatever their plan was

- Give exposure to some lower-card guys who need it and would benefit from a good match with Bryan

- See if the fan support is still there to elevate him to main events without preordaining that it absolutely is or isn't there

I'd love to hear other ideas if they can hit all four of those points.

That's what his IC title run was essentially going to be. He would be in the upper midcard of RAW and main event of Smackdown wrestling guys like Barrett and Ziggler. Since he went down with an injury, he vacated the title without throwing the show into disarray.