Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Talk October 5 to October 11

Grimmas

I wanted to see Sasha in her hometown so I caught at least one thing in it's entirety on this shitty show. They don't play her music coming out to minimize the pop, they have her promo cut off for more catty bullshit, and make the crowd watch someone they don't care about get beat up for 15 minutes by shitty ass team Bella before Sasha hits 3 moves and wins. That really came off like they were trying to minimize her reaction, but then again that fits with what they're doing to all the other workers in the company right now. Vince just doesn't have it anymore it's getting sad.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention that Nikki mispronouncing "ratchet" felt accurate to her character.

Ru Ru video package was tremendous. Really surprisingly funny. Segment started to drag once it got to the proposal, but it ended on an intriguing note (how will she try to get him a title?) and Summer is criminally underrated on the mic. She got this over and has been an unsung hero of RAW in recent weeks.

There's some really interesting stuff in that interview

"John Cena and I actually had this discussion. He said, 'if something were to happen to you and the WWE, would you go back to doing the indies?' Absolutely!"

His first stop? Mexico."I've gotten this sudden fascination with the lore of lucha," Bryan laughed. The idea of doing a mask vs. hair match is appealing to him, as is main eventing a CMLL anniversary show. Still, he realizes that continuing to wrestle when professionals advise him not to might not be the smartest idea.

Imagine how interested he would be in lucha if he had the DVDVR 80s set.

Tell me Will did not just bust out an IMAGINE

Forgot to mention that Nikki mispronouncing "ratchet" felt accurate to her character.

Ru Ru video package was tremendous. Really surprisingly funny. Segment started to drag once it got to the proposal, but it ended on an intriguing note (how will she try to get him a title?) and Summer is criminally underrated on the mic. She got this over and has been an unsung hero of RAW in recent weeks.

I have been championing the Rusev/Summer pairing since day 1. I can't believe there are people STILL complaining that they need to Rusev back with Lana. They just need to get Rusev as far away from Ziggler as possible (preferably by releasing Ziggler or firing him into the sun) not put him back with Lana.

There's some really interesting stuff in that interview

"John Cena and I actually had this discussion. He said, 'if something were to happen to you and the WWE, would you go back to doing the indies?' Absolutely!"

His first stop? Mexico."I've gotten this sudden fascination with the lore of lucha," Bryan laughed. The idea of doing a mask vs. hair match is appealing to him, as is main eventing a CMLL anniversary show. Still, he realizes that continuing to wrestle when professionals advise him not to might not be the smartest idea.

Imagine how interested he would be in lucha if he had the DVDVR 80s set.

Hit him up on twitter. Nothing to lose to be honest, he'll probably jump at the opportunity if he finds out that kind of content is actually available.

Interesting to see that match after the PTBN Reaction crew were saying post-MSG that they want to see the New Day get more serious. Dragging Ziggler’s corpse out to the ring and then completing Big E’s transformation into Terry Gordy 2015 seemed to qualify, but Big E still lost, and that was still a lot of trombone, all told. Big Match John dropping the belt to Heel Ziggler in three weeks is some kind of thing right there.

I think this show embodied a strong feeling I have had for years now is that the death of the babyface shine is killing live crowds. There was way too fucking heel heat on this show.

I don't know if they are going Big E or Zigs at this point. I'm pulling for Big E!

I love watch wrestling live especially with friends and family. So I had a kickass time!

Big Match John dropping the belt to Heel Ziggler in three weeks is some kind of thing right there.

aGs2iGS.gif

This is what philanthropic heroes like me and Jalen get for speaking the truth. Unbelievable.

I am wondering how Rusev/Summer/Ziggler will be tied into Cena, if at all. Summer will somehow blow a US title shot for Rusev, teasing tension for as long as Vince allows himself to indulge in booking one of his patented crying, groveling valet angles. The heat with Cena seems to be pull Ziggler off Rusev altogether: maybe Ziggler prevents Rusev and Summer from cheating a win, but in such a way that Ziggler commands the HIAC shot. Or they keep Dolph just enough of a face so as to make Rusev the first opponent for the belt. Many options, and Cena temporarily filling out the Lana role is unexpected if nothing else.

I think this show embodied a strong feeling I have had for years now is that the death of the babyface shine is killing live crowds. There was way too fucking heel heat on this show.

I had the same thoughts. Cena took a pretty nasty bump on his neck and head that they had to replay because it happened during a commercial break. During a commercial break. I don't get John Cena taking bumps like that at this stage of his career at all, especially during a commercial break to no real reaction. I think they could have a pretty entertaining bullshit match with all the bodies at ringside they could use for heel embarrassment spots, even if the match eventually settled into something more representative of how matches are usually worked now. I actually thought they had a perfectly okay match anyway, but no wonder the crowd was so dead for it.

Sasha Banks sure came across as the most over person on the roster, though. I think WWE pictured Charlotte as the next big star and Sasha as the next great mechanic. They haven't fully accepted yet that the current WWE fanbase seems to want the mechanics to be the big stars.