Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Talk October 5 to October 11

Grimmas

Supporting Susan G. Komen is a heel move :P

CM Punk was pot-stirring on Twitter pointing out that Komen is a scam (almost none of the money actually goes to research) and everyone was jumping on him thinking he was just sour-graping at WWE despite there being tons of documentation out there backing him up.

Sometimes the right message can be delivered by the wrong messenger.

Said the same last night on Twitter. Doesn't really matter how much truth there is to what Punk is saying when people are tuning out the messenger, for varying reasons.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporting Susan G. Komen is a heel move :P

CM Punk was pot-stirring on Twitter pointing out that Komen is a scam (almost none of the money actually goes to research) and everyone was jumping on him thinking he was just sour-graping at WWE despite there being tons of documentation out there backing him up.

Sometimes the right message can be delivered by the wrong messenger.

Said the same last night on Twitter. Doesn't really matter how much truth there is to what Punk is saying when people are tuning out the messenger, for varying reasons.

If you think about it, my last post is actually a triple entendre.

Punk probably isn't the right messenger to spread the word about Komen

WWE probably isn't the organization to partner with if you want to be taken seriously

Komen probably isn't the organization you want fighting cancer

In my ideal world, the messenger never matters. At least not in an adverse way.

The messenger matters in letting you know how much you should look into something before you accept it. If someone who works for Korman said the same thing you would do less research to confirm it than CM Punk saying the same thing.

The messenger matters in letting you know how much you should look into something before you accept it. If someone who works for Korman said the same thing you would do less research to confirm it than CM Punk saying the same thing.

Trying to make a charitable donation should not be like trying to buy a vehicle.

its not outlandish to say tweener Steph McMahon is the worst character in wrestling history, right?

She's poisonous to the product. At this point she's way worse than Dixie, who was simply a terrible promo and an idiotic character (and was hotter too) in an irrelevant promotion. Stephy is just grating and hurts whatever she touches with her insecurity, castrating tendencies and just fucking WWEUniversetm awful acting.

its not outlandish to say tweener Steph McMahon is the worst character in wrestling history, right? Such a pity as she's a cracking heel

I was debating with myself the other day who I disliked more: Stephanie McMahon or Michael Cole.

Stephanie McMahon is far & away the worst thing about the show...but Michael Cole is on the entire show. Steph is only in a few segments. She does more damage in those segments but Cole is just so grating & never goes away.

Both should be gone.

FWIW, it was reported late last year that HHH and Stephanie see their characters very different from how Vince sees them and decided to stop fighting him on it. So I don't know that Stephanie is acting like she would if it was fully her call. I don't know that she isn't either, but I don't know that she is.

I get that. However, sometimes "consider the source"-type responses bug me because when a broken clock type makes comments that have merit, the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater.

Yes, my goal was to see exactly how many cliches I could include in one sentence.

When CM Punk says something critical of WWE or someone associated with WWE, I hope one day we can get past that it was CM Punk that said it and debate what he actually said on the merits.

FWIW, it was reported late last year that HHH and Stephanie see their characters very different from how Vince sees them and decided to stop fighting him on it. So I don't know that Stephanie is acting like she would if it was fully her call. I don't know that she isn't either, but I don't know that she is.

While it is true Vince has authority over what is on the shows, Triple H has 100% creative control clause written in his contract over his own character. I find it hard to believe that he would want to be someone else and the evil Vince has argued him into submission that he would just say "yes dad" at this point.

I think it is very likely this is a compromise between the two entities.

I get that. However, sometimes "consider the source"-type responses bug me because when a broken clock type makes comments that have merit, the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater.

Yes, my goal was to see exactly how many cliches I could include in one sentence.

When CM Punk says something critical of WWE or someone associated with WWE, I hope one day we can get past that it was CM Punk that said it and debate what he actually said on the merits.

In this case, I think people are critical because they question whether CM Punk gives a flying fuck about the "cause" Susan G. Komen represents - cancer "research." People probably feel he doesn't and only brought it up to troll the WWE and its fans. That seems like a fair assumption to me.

Actually I bet he does care since he has friends who've been active in the cause, but I'm not naive enough to believe he wasn't taking the opportunity to tweak the WWE in the process. Still, if what he says is correct (and by all accounts it is), his motivations for bringing it up shouldn't matter.

I loved the people over on the WON board trying to use WWE releasing a Rise Above Cancer CM Punk shirt when he was there as proof he's a hypocrite. Knowing how corporate partnerships work, I doubt the individual wrestlers had a say in the matter. Also it's been funny to see so many wrestling fans act like jilted exes because they loved him so much yet he had the nerve to leave wrestling and go on with his life. It's the exact same thing they chastise Vince for doing.

I would imagine that you guys could find better information on whether or not it's a scam on your own doing some googling and not pondering the question on a wrestling board. I l know that there are actually a lot of "charities" who spend pennies on the dollar on their actual cause and spend the other 95 cents of the dollar on fund raising and administrative costs.

Here is reuters breakdown of Komen's finances: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/us-usa-healthcare-komen-research-idUSTRE8171KW20120208

In 2011, the foundation spent 15 percent, or $63 million, of its donations on research awards that fund studies on everything from hard-core molecular biology to the quality of breast-cancer care for Medicaid patients.

New Day standing tall was definitely something new and fresh. Pretty good episode of Raw in general, I liked the KO-Sin Cara segment especially. Kalisto-Owens for the IC Title would be a pretty cool angle for a future PPV.

Hahaha omg just put it on and Owens just makes me laugh. Lateral press, cara out.

"That was 3."- steen

"No that was 1." - referee

Man I don't know why but I laughed like an idiot in front of people.

I know you guys all like the New Day and they're fun and I enjoy them but I'm not gonna pretend they're better than "my guy". Maybe you didn't like the Cena Trilogy but you gotta pull for the chubby bearded guy with basketball shorts running around with that belt that was so important in this world in our childhoods!

so there are rumblings that Rock is coming back before the end of the year. My first thought was he would be replacing Cena as top babyface while Cena's gone. I doubt they use him in December during the holiday doldrums period so I would think he will be the major selling point of Survivor Series. That's if it goes down... of course

so there are rumblings that Rock is coming back before the end of the year. My first thought was he would be replacing Cena as top babyface while Cena's gone. I doubt they use him in December during the holiday doldrums period so I would think he will be the major selling point of Survivor Series. That's if it goes down... of course

I think it is more likely just a long term ahead planting of seeds for his Mania match more than anything involving replacing John Cena. The programs that Cena works are not really programs you want the Rock working.

I'm excited about the Rock in WWE whenever it happens. He's a legit movie star and that brings importance to anything he does on the program. I'm not going to say he can do no wrong or that relying on him for ratings bumps is great longterm strategy, but he's the friggin' Rock and he's still more "must see" than just about anyone on the active roster.

…but boy am I not interested in seeing him going up against Steph and Triple H. On the list of options of what to do with him, that really rates pretty low for me. Reasonable alternatives I could get behind would be obviously a match with Brock (mostly for the Heyman/Rock verbal jousting in the build-up), a tag team-then-feud with Roman Reigns (could be a great way to turn Roman heel and give him a huge Mania match), or something totally out-of-the-blue like just having him show up and be involved with relatively random guys where he just comes in and lays out heels with Rock Bottoms (Miz, Barrett, Sheamus, etc.) until someone like a newly-turned Orton drops him with an RKO or Rusev attacks him. Orton/Rock, Rusev/Rock, Wyatt/Rock, or even Rollins/Rock would all work in that sort of scenario for me.