Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Talk October 5 to October 11

Grimmas

it's obviously goes way behind this and is an internal problem but maybe they are afraid to have Cena shine and embarrass the heels because the crowds will turn on him even more. Again they are booking Reigns, the classical muscle bound Vince McMahon babyface,to sell for entire matches and getting thrown around like nothing by Braun Strowman. Vince McMahon 25 years ago would murder Vince McMahon today for allowing that on his TV

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but he always got to beat up a manager (Genius, Heenan) and get to dominate before the heat segment. (ie throwing around heels like they are nothing) Or got to take out a bunch of heels after a match. Don't think he was ever sold as much as an underdog as Cena and Roman are being now. If they had Reigns destroy the entire Wyatt Family during a match or had Cena take out all of New Day they would be worried the crowd would turn on it. You would think that they would be booking Roman like a more athletic (and talented) Ultimate Warrior in the ring for someone they want to be an ace. They probably would like to but they are afraid of the crowd turning. And they're probably right.

I think the days of Hogan beating up the entire Dungeon of doom by himself, Austin taking out the whole WCW roster and Nexus bouncing like pinballs for Cena might be over.

Hell over the summer Brock got beat down by Kane, Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury. And he was one of the few who was allowed to destroy heels

I still struggle with heels wearing shirts in support of fighting breast cancer, but I realize it's a different era, so I'm not complaining or saying they should do something different. I'm just saying I struggle with it. It's jarring.

Agree. Only watched the 2nd half or so, but there seemed to be far more heels wearing the Komen shirts/pins than faces. Dudleys didn't have anything pink on, Cena didn't either during the US Open challenge. And the 6 diva match where all (except Sasha?) had a Komen shirt on while acting like catty bitches during the promo, sure the "charity" is proud of that. As far as I could tell, none of the Wyatt Family were on the ramp with the rest of the roster, which makes sense. Wonder who else is exempt from wearing Komen stuff.

Sasha Banks sure came across as the most over person on the roster, though. I think WWE pictured Charlotte as the next big star and Sasha as the next great mechanic. They haven't fully accepted yet that the current WWE fanbase seems to want the mechanics to be the big stars.

It helps if the mechanics find a gimmick that fits his/her personality. If Daniel Bryan kept the same oatmeal persona he had the first year that he was on the main roster he wouldn't have been close to being as over as he eventually became. I assume that they felt that Sasha wasn't quite ready, combined with the recent history of NXT gimmicks on the main roster. Instead, they actually have the most complete package to come out of developmental since Kurt Angle. That is going to force them to push her earlier than they had planned and probably push Charlotte to the side, which might actually help her in the long run. Becky may end up in the mechanic role if they don't find a character for her.

I don't want Rusev and Lana back either. Even if they put them back the crowd would still cheer for Lana and want her to turn face anyway. Summer Rae is quite underrated

Rusev should be a babyface anyway.

My dream booking scenario is Dolph turning heel and dumping Lana in humiliating fashion. A broken Lana is then brainwashed by Bray Wyatt. Wyatt and Lana have an evil cult wedding on Raw, and when the reverend asks if anyone objects, Rusev's music hits, and he destroys the wedding. Then at Wrestlemania you have Rusev Vs Wyatt. Rusev wins. After the match Lana slaps Rusev, but then realises she always loved him, and the two embrace and reign over wrestling for roughly forever.

Summer fades into obscurity.

If you take out the Kane and Rollins stuff, this was a decent Raw episode. New Day standing tall at the end was something different but they need it plus I loved how they dragged Ziggler when they came out.

Very surprised that they are protecting Sasha on TV and in her hometown. She came off as a star last night (even though her and Naomi doing the "Lying" meme was cringeworthy but I love them the same).

Was AJ Lee this over with the big city crowds like Sasha was last night? I was not watching the WWE when AJ was featured on the TV so I don't know but I don't remember a woman being this over with the fans without purposely being eye candy?

Watching Stephanie this Monday night got me thinking about Vince not wanting people to get TOO OVER in fear they will become bigger than the brand and leave. I began to wonder is Stephanie shares this same way of thinking and is going out to bury Rollins/New Day/etc. because Vince tells her to/she knows what Vince wants or if she is doing this on her own. Is this a sub-concious thing or something well planned out. I guess my question is how many of the current Mcmahonisms that we can point to coming from Vince will still channel through Stephanie regardless of Vince's involvement with the company.

I don't want Rusev and Lana back either. Even if they put them back the crowd would still cheer for Lana and want her to turn face anyway. Summer Rae is quite underrated

My dream booking scenario is Dolph turning heel and dumping Lana in humiliating fashion. A broken Lana is then brainwashed by Bray Wyatt. Wyatt and Lana have an evil cult wedding on Raw, and when the reverend asks if anyone objects, Rusev's music hits, and he destroys the wedding. Then at Wrestlemania you have Rusev Vs Wyatt. Rusev wins. After the match Lana slaps Rusev, but then realises she always loved him, and the two embrace and reign over wrestling for roughly forever.

holy shit i now want this more than anything ever

the only tweak I'd make is that by this point Bo Dallas would have joined the Wyatt's and become "Reverend Bo Dallas" and he'd be the one performing the ceremony. Rusev would leave him laying while the others scramble.

Supporting Susan G. Komen is a heel move :P

CM Punk was pot-stirring on Twitter pointing out that Komen is a scam (almost none of the money actually goes to research) and everyone was jumping on him thinking he was just sour-graping at WWE despite there being tons of documentation out there backing him up.

holy shit i now want this more than anything ever

the only tweak I'd make is that by this point Bo Dallas would have joined the Wyatt's and become "Reverend Bo Dallas" and he'd be the one performing the ceremony. Rusev would leave him laying while the others scramble.

Love it.

Speaking of trios, and I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, Steph owning the New Day in a random backstage promo seemed unnecessary to the point of being a deliberate "fuck you" to the audience since the New Day got themselves over. At least with the Seth/Kane stuff there was a reason, since Seth's character is a whiny baby who needs Mom to put him in time out. The New Day stuff just seemed like a reminder who calls the shots.

I just finished the WWE 24 show on NXT: Takeover Brooklyn. It was a good show, felt longer than the hour it was (not a knock/negative). It's surreal & weird to be in this era of kayfabe breaking as a wrestling fan though. Seeing Vince McMahon, Michael Hayes & Sara Del Rey standing around backstage, watching the wrestlers practice their entrances & break character by being friends backstage & what not. Definitely a different vibe.

There has to be a way in the future where pro-wrestling can be presented where everyone still buys into the show, but without needing the negative stigma of "it's all fake" being around, ya know? With shows like these, who would still believe that what they're watching is real? I think the answer to the lull in wrestling involves a way of social media interaction with the stars & things like this show, where the fans all felt like part of the show & went along with them superstars on their journeys.

I'll be damned if I have any sort of idea how it will all happen, mind you but I feel like wrestlers having Twitter accounts & PPVs now being on WWE Network is just the first step in a complete overhaul of how pro-wrestling is perceived, consumed & followed.

What? That was Hogan's whole act. Get beat on until the comeback.

Hogan sold more than Bruno and Backlund, but he clearly did get a shine to get the crowd going. I was shocked how dead the Boston crowd was for the main event. This was my first three hour live RAW and God it is everything people have said about being exhausting. That withstanding I was still surprised at the lack of Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks. There were short bursts of New Day Sucks/Rocks, but they were not sustained. I think going right to the heat was the wrong move. The excessive heat on Devon and Naomi was ridiculous and crowd killing.

Now Cena when he is not being IndyCena, He has been doing a Nitro-era Savage tribute act going into heat fast. I think Strummer had a super point that they are scared about the backlash against Cena and Reigns. Reigns especially hiding him in the Rumble at Summerslam. Hopefully, they move towards more babyface crowd pleasing spots.

Also the Holy Shit chant needs to make a comeback. The spear off the apron is deserving of it.

Supporting Susan G. Komen is a heel move :P

CM Punk was pot-stirring on Twitter pointing out that Komen is a scam (almost none of the money actually goes to research) and everyone was jumping on him thinking he was just sour-graping at WWE despite there being tons of documentation out there backing him up.

Sometimes the right message can be delivered by the wrong messenger.