Pro Wrestling Only

Coffey

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bigger issue than the kayfabe breaking is the constant reflections on self and importance of self and role in history of self. The unspoken motivation for wrestlers has always been titles and money, but now it seems to be more that everyone wants to secure their place in the WWE canon. That plague extends far beyond this show.

The ending with the flowers was a mix of a joshi ceremony and the finale of the NXT is advancing women's wrestling story, with the main event spot. It was brilliant stuff, the whole roster coming out was a nice touch too. The acceptance that women can main event in WWE was the ending piece. Regardless if that will ever happen in such a way on the main shows. I love wrestling being about money, and I love when it's referenced, but the whole business seemingly has moved on from those references. It's almost nostalgic and thus fun to see it called upon now and again.

Brilliant stuff, and the division should do good now with the new crop with Dana/Emma/Asuka, as well as Nia Jax coming in, and super awesome heel Eva Marie.

I don't watch NXT TV but I tend to watch the big shows. This was easy to watch, which says a lot because the MSG show was painful, and it's all I expect from WWE 2015.

If I have a negative is that the commentary is still awful. Fat Michael Cole is terrible. The NXT commentators have the worst traits of WWE shills AND they have managed to incorporate some of the worst traits of UFC, with constant mentions to wrestlers being gutsy WARRIORS after being beaten down for a couple of minutes.

I don't watch NXT TV but I tend to watch the big shows. This was easy to watch, which says a lot because the MSG show was painful, and it's all I expect from WWE 2015.

If I have a negative is that the commentary is still awful. Fat Michael Cole is terrible. The NXT commentators have the worst traits of WWE shills AND they have managed to incorporate some of the worst traits of UFC, with constant mentions to wrestlers being gutsy WARRIORS after being beaten down for a couple of minutes.

Really I think Corey Graves is the best colour man they have had since Bobby Heenan.

This must be the difference between watching TV and the main shows because I thought the commentary was great tonight. The commentary on the TV show has really fallen down the toilet since they made Corey Graves more of a heel. most of the NXT divas matches on TV has downgraded to Graves telling Saxton and Brennan that they are geeks who would never fuck women like Dana Brooke or Eva Marie or Carmella.

When the show is serious, the announcer make it serious which it should be unlike RAW or Smackdown which is all above getting your 4 or 5 lines in and promoting useless shit

Really I think Corey Graves is the best colour man they have had since Bobby Heenan.

he's tremendous. when he started he was obviously green but he has improved massively since his start and is the best commentator they have now in the whole company IMO. His act is basically a modern Jesse Ventura without the camp and he's just so damn good at it. Best part is that he's 'smart' without pandering to the smarks if that makes sense. Like he calls the names of moves and is detail-oriented but he does it naturally and doesn't sound like he's trying too hard to be a "wrestling" announcer.

The bigger issue than the kayfabe breaking is the constant reflections on self and importance of self and role in history of self. The unspoken motivation for wrestlers has always been titles and money, but now it seems to be more that everyone wants to secure their place in the WWE canon. That plague extends far beyond this show.

I agree. I hate it. We see this every year with WM with guys/gals talking about creating his/her WM Moment, all-the-while WWE tries desperately to anything and everything occuring at WM as some landmark moment that will be talked about 20 years from now when in reality WM has become a glorified Raw for the most part. The Rousey/Rock stuff from last year was cool, but it went too long. The reason? I think it really boiled down to what you mentioned. Its all just too self-aware.I hated the WM25 HBK/Taker match because it was too self-aware. Stephanie being involved with the 'Divas Revolution', etc. Its just too much.

I got to say that main event was great. Sure it was the third best Sasha title match this year, but those matches are so high end you can not expect that level every time out.

I liked the early portion of both going for different things, until they figured out a strategy that worked. It was a 30 minute match so they were trying for the quick falls. Once Bayley started getting thrown into the steps this thing got pretty heated in a great way. Loved the countout finish.

One real flaw to me was the tapout with 2 seconds left when the crowd was counting down. Sasha should had held on for a tie.

I'd still give it **** 1/4 which blows away just about any WWE special main event this year.

To be fair, Graves is good and most of the annoying cliches came from Saxton and Brennan. I find the NXT commentators to blend in a lot. They don't sound distinctive enough most of the time.

I'm really mixed on Graves. On one hand he needs to stop wanking off to Eva matches, but sometimes I really enjoy his work.

Great show, not quite Brooklyn for me but every time I look at the card lately and have high hopes for the NXT show and they've kept surpassing my expectations

Echoing all the praise for the show, the main event and even moreso how that match and the characters were presented. With management sitting right there you'd think they would note the difference between how this compares to the same package wrapped differently on Raw.

"NXT is a more of niche product." -Triple H.

Echoing all the praise for the show, the main event and even moreso how that match and the characters were presented. With management sitting right there you'd think they would note the difference between how this compares to the same package wrapped differently on Raw.

"NXT is a more of niche product." -Triple H.

Apparently "trying to appeal to people beyond McMahon relatives" is now a niche concept.

I posted this somewhere else, but thought I'd throw it in here.

I don't think the Bayley/Sasha match was as good as the previous one, primarily due to the extended time being a factor.

The length of the match allowed them to do different things of course, and the story told was good.

However, the length of the match also saw more 'wiffed' (for lack of a better term) offense and offense that just looked off at times. I just feel that for every good spot and move, Bayley (and Banks at times) hits a theoretically sound spot questionably or in a way that just takes me out of the match.

I admit that you can't compare Asuka's match with Brooke to this due to the different contextual aspects, but when you have a woman wrestling on the same card with that much fluidity and that much impact on her moves, it made some of the issues in the main event bigger in my eyes.

It was still the best match by far. Everything else was solid, if a little unspectacular. I might have even had Gable/Jordan vs Corbin/Rhyno as the next best match - Corbin got interesting in this team I feel.

Based on the reaction show and reviews, most of the people who wished that Izzy turned heel or hated hurt involvement in the match are from the New York, New Jersey, or Philly area

Thanks Paul E <_>

I don't understand this mindset at all. At fucking all. I'm not even normally an "awww, adorable kids" type of person but Izzy is like the embodiment of what Bayley is all about, and practically tells the damn stories on her own.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Izzy was a wrestler one day