Pro Wrestling Only

Coffey

- I like the fact that a countout led to a fall and they are avoiding the Bret-Shawn Ironman route.

That was the only Ironman/woman match that ended with no decisions at the end of the time limit. Every one since then had falls and not even something like a 4-4 tie with overtime. if Sasha was staying in NXT the superfan would turn heel, but that won't happen, unless they have Sister Abigail in NXT.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave on twitter really putting over Bayley as the potential next big star in the company but seems to be implying that Vince's narrow vision of wrestling won't allow it. Saying WWE doesn't realize important things right under their nose. Almost exactly the same as the Bryan situation

Bayley should be a gigantic star in WWE, but the sad fact is she's far more likely to be the next Emma on the main roster. There's practically zero chance the creative team is going to handle her character properly.

Sasha heeling on Izzy was great since it was a heel doing dastardly heel shit and that's almost a lost art these days. All she did was take the bow off her head and the crowd reacted like she punched her out since heels rarely do anything bad.

That reminds me, I thought people talking about a backlash against Izzy were just busting balls, but there seems to be people upset that she was made part of the show. Maybe because she shares a name with my niece, but there's something really gross about someone being mad at that.

- I like the fact that a countout led to a fall and they are avoiding the Bret-Shawn Ironman route.

That was the only Ironman/woman match that ended with no decisions at the end of the time limit. Every one since then had falls and not even something like a 4-4 tie with overtime. if Sasha was staying in NXT the superfan would turn heel, but that won't happen, unless they have Sister Abigail in NXT.

i know. The concern is that since they were playing up the event as a WWE moment that they would try to emulate the most famous Iron Man.

I thought people talking about a backlash against Izzy were just busting balls, but there seems to be people upset that she was made part of the show.

I'm one of those people and I don't feel bad about it either. She might as well be Bayley's mascot at this point. They're constantly featuring her in video packages, she's always on-air on the show & I don't like to see any fan propped up like that, child or not. Same with Brock Lesnar guy or that stupid fucking clown or any of them. What, there's not other kids there that are fans of Bayley too? Like Bierschwale said, it's exploitive & it was the cool the first time to see genuine reactions like that. The fifth or sixth time, I just don't want to see it anymore. Stop using a kid as a prop.

Sasha Banks is a fuckin' god. They really need to stop breaking the fourth wall now though, with the irritating "you deserve it" type chants, hugging mid ring, all that shit.

I loved when Bayley hugged Sasha in the middle of the match and then Sasha used it to her advantage. Awesome spot.

I'm really mixed on Graves. On one hand he needs to stop wanking off to Eva matches, but sometimes I really enjoy his work.

I love the way he "wanks off" to Eva's matches. She is going to be an amazing heel. I am salivating for the inevitable Bayley/Eva feud - I'm not even joking either. Full Sail will erupt with thunderous boos. How often do wrestlers get real heat anymore, especially in self-aware NXT? Eva has it. Maybe it's for the wrong reasons, but who cares?

I'm really mixed on Graves. On one hand he needs to stop wanking off to Eva matches, but sometimes I really enjoy his work.

I love the way he "wanks off" to Eva's matches. She is going to be an amazing heel. I am salivating for the inevitable Bayley/Eva feud - I'm not even joking either. Full Sail will erupt with thunderous boos. How often do wrestlers get real heat anymore, especially in self-aware NXT? Eva has it. Maybe it's for the wrong reasons, but who cares?

I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as wrong heat. In this day & age, the only way you get booed is if you suck. If you're a good heel, you get cheered. If you do cool moves, you get cheered. If you're funny, you get cheered. If you're booked like Hulk Hogan or suck in the ring, you get booed.

It's really weird. But I never agreed with the whole "X-Pac Heat" and having "not real heat but go away heat" line of thinking anyway.

I just don't like the Lawler style drooling. I mean, he's not that level but he's not far at times with the women. I thought announcers were supposed to be subtle now.

I've been iffy on colour commentators for ages tbh. don't get me wrong I enjoy a Heenan or anyone who is funny but just having someone who always crap all over babyfaces, encouraging people to cheer on heels, and rarely if ever gets any comeuppance seems kinda counter-productive

I've been getting the Jesse Ventura vibe from Graves for a while, and I like how he "tells it like it is" in a heelish way without going completely cartoon-obnoxious heel Michael Cole. Plus as a former wrestler, I like how the other two with no in ring background will ask him for a wrestler's point of view in a match which is something missing from WWE commentary.

Also the Eva stuff is great because she's obviously a heel and of course the heel announcer would be rooting for her. He does go a little overboard with it, but I think that it's by design to a degree.

I saw someone bring up the point that when Bayley gets called up, are they going to have to reboot her back to the character she was originally when people were asking if she was supposed to be autistic? A big part of why she's over is how the character grew since the beginning and 98% of the Raw audience would have no reason to know why this childlike girl with a side tail who hugs everyone is supposed to be a big deal?

We're officially in the era of "self-conscious everything". Which sucks when you're as talented as Sasha Banks, really. I wish she could just be a pro-wrestler doing pro-wrestling matches in a pro-wrestling promotion, and not another cog in the WWE narrative machine, which doesn't believe in fiction for its wrestler anymore, as the only fiction it produces is its own as a living "legendary" entity.

Triple H found yet another way to put himself on the picture at the end. And less said about Mother Hen Stephy the best.

Yep. I didn't like that post-match, as you can guess...

I get how it was a little much to have a ceremony at the end like someone was retiring or passed away, I don't get why people got so upset about it. This is Hunter's baby so of course he's going to be involved in some manner. At this point getting upset about them being involved is like getting mad at a duck for going in the water.

This is Hunter's baby so of course he's going to be involved in some manner.

Why can't he just let his wrestlers wrestle, tell their stories and be successful at it, and save the party and applause for backstage ?

Because the story is not "Good girl Bailey triumphs over evil Sasha Banks", the story is really "Look at how Triple H and Stephy are revolutionnizing women's sports-entertainement." That's the actual narrative, because like everything else, the true narrative of everything about WWE is the WWE itself. And WWE is Trip and Stephy.

It is definitely a way for Triple H to prove to people he can be a viable successor to Vince. It is about that being as visible as possible for stockholders and for the fans that wonders about the future. Unfortunately he is being very heavy-handed about it but I can understand the strategy.