Pro Wrestling Only

Ranking Issues

Jimmy Redman

Now we're almost there and I've finally started to make a list, I'm having what I assume are universal list problems.

The main one being that I have about 35 guys in my "bottom ten", and hardly anyone in the 60-90 slots. I think I find it easier to throw someone a bone at the bottom than to say "this guy is a Top 70 guy."

Anyone else have this problem?

Is there someone whom you have no idea where to rank them? Bret has a daily swing of like 20+ spots for me, for example. No idea still.

What are everyone's ranking issues as we come down to it?

I am having a lot of trouble with Fujinami. On a couple of my rankings post, I had him in the 20-30 range. Then I read his thread and the argument of the super high rankings and I don't really disagree with many of the arguments laid out there except that he was still really great in the 90's and I feel I am a bit lower on his series with choshu as most. As a result, when I start looking at individuals around him ranking wise, it gets difficult for me to push him up much. I also am having a tough time with my top 10 as it drives most of my thought process. Guys shift in and out fairly frequently and I don't think there is a huge gap at all between my #5 guy (top 4 is set in stone at this point) and my #15.

I wrote down as many guys I could think of & then put numbers beside each one. Then I realized I forgot about 5 guys and dropped my bottom 5 in exchange for them. I'll just keep that list & adjust accordingly as I watch more stuff. Pretty much everything after the top 20 seems random & arbitrary. Each time I make any type of list, there's movement & I would assume it's like that for everyone else. One day you prefer Rude to Austin, the next you don't & right on down the list.

Carlos Colon and Sean Waltman are two guys that I'm having a lot of trouble with. Colon, on some days, feels like a top 30 guy, and other days, I feel comfortable putting him in my bottom 20. Colon is great at everything he does and I've had a blast watching his stuff, but that leaves me conflicted, because while he's tremendous, he doesn't jump off the screen as someone that I need to rank really high.

Waltman's career is bizarre and it, for whatever reason, makes him difficult to rank. I love his stuff with Jerry Lynn in Global and he has spurts of greatness for the next 15 years, but those are few and far between. He's someone that I feel like I need to include because of his peak, but he's also weighed down by a bunch of terrible performances.

Waltman's career is bizarre and it, for whatever reason, makes him difficult to rank. I love his stuff with Jerry Lynn in Global and he has spurts of greatness for the next 15 years, but those are few and far between. He's someone that I feel like I need to include because of his peak, but he's also weighed down by a bunch of terrible performances.

I'm probably going to be the high vote on Waltman. Early on he was such a great heel, then transitioned into a perfect babyface. Great matches all over the place. He tailed down in 96ish due to injury and drugs, but he still had some great performances mixed in. His case is really made 90-98.