Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List Part One

Grimmas

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's not Honky himself who voted, 'cause then he'd be higher... What a waste of time it would be to go through the process of filling out the list just to troll we happy few, we band of nerdy brothers. ... If it was a troll vote, wouldn't there be other equally insane choices already? I think it could be a serious vote and that's way more scary :-)

Holy shit. Pat Roach was in Temple of Doom?! I had no idea that was him. That's awesome.

I had no idea who Pat Roach was before today, and now I'm learning that Indiana Jones beat up a pro-wrestler, three times.

That Combat Toyoda picture is the least intimidating picture we'll get I believe. I'm kinda amazed she got two votes actually. FMW represents.

Roach was in all three of the Indian Jones moves as well as Willow, a bunch of the Conan flicks, a Bond picture and two Kubrick films. He was even in Kevin Costner Robin Hood film. Woefully underrated on the list but for a long time I thought he wouldn't be nominated.

Villano IV is also super underrated.

I wouldn't worry about some "weird" votes (weird being a relative term to be honest), with a sample size of 151 ballots we're in the safe zone where a few outiers aren't really going to skew the rankings of this list notably. It'll be more noticeable in this portion of the honorable mentions, but the further we go, the less they will weigh on the rankings.

Yep. The list should only get more reasonable/predictable as it goes on.

As one of those lurking, non-PWO regular voters may I reassure those who are concerned:

1. My ballot was pretty bland and non-wacky

2. I didn't vote for Kurt Angle

I doubt I'm alone with the above.

I actually like Honky but man 49 on him seems insane.

I thought the same thing. Wasn't even a consideration despite being amused at some of his Memphis and Stampede stuff that I saw while watching other guys. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I feel shamed for not finding a sentimental place for Jamie Dundee. Kitahara's hair in that picture should be framed. Tremendous.

Agree :-) His hair is just like Eugene's on The Walking Dead...

I'm looking at the Kitahara pic and instead of noticing the hair, all I could think was that it must have been cold when they took that pic.

I feel shamed for not finding a sentimental place for Jamie Dundee. Kitahara's hair in that picture should be framed. Tremendous.

Agree :-) His hair is just like Eugene's on The Walking Dead...

I'm looking at the Kitahara pic and instead of noticing the hair, all I could think was that it must have been cold when they took that pic.

Hahahahaha!!!! You made me look again... Now I don't notice the hair so much either...

I'm now convinced that one or two trolls made joke ballots to make fun of us "stupid wrestling fans that don't know it's fake!" HTM is not the 49th best at anything.

I take umbrage with your comment, sir. Honky Tonk getting destroyed by Ultimate Warrior is easily one of the top 50 greatest squashes of all time. Most likely top 10, if not top 5.