Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List Part One

Grimmas

I worry about the placements of the British workers, because they just don't seem likely to appear on the majority of ballots. I expect Breaks to make the top 100, but I'm not confident about any of the others (not talking Regal, Finlay or Robinson).

I thought hard about Roberts. He would have made my 150 easily.

I think there will be more. I have 2 British guys in my top 13 and they're not any of the above names. It's not Rocco either who I'm guessing is going to make the list as well.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll have to wait and see, but I think with the number of ballots ballooning the way it did even a guy like Breaks is gonna take a hit.

One spoiler just to appease the crowd who might be sad, but Jim Breaks did better on this poll than in 2006.

I worry about the placements of the British workers, because they just don't seem likely to appear on the majority of ballots. I expect Breaks to make the top 100, but I'm not confident about any of the others (not talking Regal, Finlay or Robinson).

I thought hard about Roberts. He would have made my 150 easily.

I think there will be more. I have 2 British guys in my top 13 and they're not any of the above names. It's not Rocco either who I'm guessing is going to make the list as well.

I agree that we'll see some high average votes. I just wonder if, as OJ suggested, they'll be diluted by the sheer volume.

Pete Roberts is the first one to drop that kind of hurts. There's no way there's 400 better workers than Pete Roberts in my world.

I had him at 90 and that honestly felt too low, but I couldn't justify him any higher. Great wrestler, who could go against just about anyone. I was especially impressed with the way he could build to and pay off drama with big bumps which isn't something that people immediately think of when they think of that style.

Kyle Matthews is the only other guy I voted for who has popped up and he was my number 100. I considered Hamrick for that spot, and kind of regret it, but there were about ten guys I considered for that spot so what can you do.

I absolutely love Colt and I'm glad he got a few votes

To me the biggest upset so far is someone seemingly intelligent claiming to have dropped Flair from his top 5 all the way to #9, not because of anything Flair did or didn't do, but because he was annoyed by JvK's five-part podcast on him. Good thing I know it MUST be a joke, Elliot ;-) ... If anything, that series confirmed my position for him :-)

Total joke. I eventually listened to all of those pods and they were great :)

But he was still my #9 :)

I was one of the two who voted for Super Crazy. I'm kinda shocked he wasn't on more ballots. Longevity may not be in his favor but in 99/00 very few in the world were as fun to watch.

I was the other vote for him. I always liked his work. For this project since I was very familiar with him I only rewatched a handful of his matches and I thought they held up. Maybe I should of watched more since general consensus is they didn't 😞

I watched him wrestle live a few years ago I think for Dragon Gate USA and he's still a lot of fun. He was chubby and worked the match super smart. Definitely knows how to work a crowd by doing less without ever acting like he's taking it easy or mailing it in.

I wonder if part of me didn't vote for him because I have some weird allegiance to Tajiri. That totally doesn't make sense but that feud was like Nintendo vs. Sega and when I was a kid you were either Sega or you were Nintendo only assholes had both.