Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've been wondering, is did most people go with their 100 favorites ever or the 100 guys they think are the best ever? Or a mix of both....

If I voted for my favorites my list would look entirely different. Some of my favs made it and a a lot didn't. Guys like Misawa and Kobashi never would of made a favorites list for me, but they made this list.

Larry Z almost made the top 100! Waltman down as well. Both guys have gone up and down in my wrestling fandom. I loved Larry Z in his Dangerous Alliance run then hated him as an announcer, going back and watching him in WWWF and the AWA run catapulted him into one of my favorite slimy heels ever.

Waltman I remember seeing for the first time in Global and thinking he was the future of the business. I loved his early WWF run as one of the best early Raw workers, got tired of him the second time around in WWF as a membee of DX then rewatching he was just one of the best tv match guys of the era and bounced between both companies as a mainstay throughout the Monday Night Wars.

Wait, Zayn is still in this? I'm sorry, but that's pretty bad. I'm not a Waltman fan, but Waltman is pretty similar to Zayn in terms of role/style/history/etc., and Waltman is better in every way. To say nothing of the 100-200 or so guys who've already fallen that I would have put ahead of Waltman.

1 is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

1 is a big time draw in their home territory.

1 is Canadian.

He doesn't fit any of these so at least Daisuke Ikeda and his dog made the top 100 losing Maeda hurts a little less now.

Wait, Zayn is still in this? I'm sorry, but that's pretty bad. I'm not a Waltman fan, but Waltman is pretty similar to Zayn in terms of role/style/history/etc., and Waltman is better in every way. To say nothing of the 100-200 or so guys who've already fallen that I would have put ahead of Waltman.

You may disagree with it, but pretty bad? El Generico was a top worker in the world for a decade now.

Pretty shocked anyone is using Waltman as an example of someone being better than Zayn/Generico when most people making a serious case for Waltman watched obscure indy matches from early 90s like the Lynn feud and the guy has a bunch of shit performances on mainstream wrestling TV. Makes perfect sense he'd be out by now.

Cesaro being still out there is pretty bemusing to me. I know people tend to like that awkward style of worker, but to me he has never gone beyond a solid midcard hand anywhere. His indie run was mediocre in comparison to his peers, and I can't think of any properly great matches he has had in WWE.

awkward style of worker?

He was a star in NXT, not just in the midcard. Heck he was the highlight of the main event of Raw on the biggest Raw of the year.

Great matches?

vs Regal

vs Cena

vs Zayn

all easily hit that mark.

Is there a way to check out Low-Ki vs Rey Mysterio from the 19th Anniversary Show? Did JAPW release pro shot footage of it?

they sell the dvd on their website. That's how I saw it, actually ordered a dvd in 2015.

Thanks. They have it in Blu Ray as well! Strange 'Shop' section on the site, two decades of events and they have only four DVDs for sale. Do they routinely tape stuff? I'm sure their matches used to show up on comps around 2004/2005.

Still prefer inserting a disc into the player to loading up some stream. Feels more of a commitment somehow, I'm less likely to start flicking around.