Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

I'm out with some friends and some of the objective/ subjective stuff came up. Hey, it's on my mind.

Just thought I'd share a direct quotation and leave it standing there:

"I'm a lawyer and in law 'objective' means: given this evidence, and these facts, what would the average, sane man in the street conclude?"

I like that definition.

In that case, the sane man in the street will look at this and say what a bunch of weirdos we are.

It's a good definition, but the first question that comes to mind is what street are you on or where is it. Because objective can change depending on that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 left till we get to 100!!

3 of them are on my list.

1 is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

1 is still adding to his case.

1 is a big time draw in their home territory.

1 is Canadian.

Incredible tease. Got to be Rock and Christian.

Chris Hero has to be the one adding to his case, according to some.

Dwayne has to be "one of the biggest stars in wrestling history" even though I couldn't stand him.

Unsure about the other two, but I'll go out on a limb and say Kerry Von Erich and Christian are next.

So far, we have:

1 is still adding to his case. (Chris Hero)

1 is a big time draw in their home territory. (Carlos Colon)

So, the Canadian and the big star is left.

Will Hogan, Rock, Dusty, Undertaker, Piper, Jericho, Owen, Martel, Benot, Zay,n or Christian drop next?

4 left till we get to 100!!

3 of them are on my list.

1 is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

1 is still adding to his case.

1 is a big time draw in their home territory.

1 is Canadian.

Incredible tease. Got to be Rock and Christian.

Chris Hero has to be the one adding to his case, according to some.

Dwayne has to be "one of the biggest stars in wrestling history" even though I couldn't stand him.

Unsure about the other two, but I'll go out on a limb and say Kerry Von Erich and Christian are next.

So far, we have:

1 is still adding to his case. (Chris Hero)

1 is a big time draw in their home territory. (Carlos Colon)

So, the Canadian and the big star is left.

Will Hogan, Rock, Dusty, Undertaker, Piper, Jericho, Owen, Martel, Benot, Zay,n or Christian drop next?

Please please please just not Rick Martel... But surely that won't happen yet... Right???

DAMN. Colon was SO CLOSE. That's the biggest gut punch to me of this whole exercise as of right now.

In 2006:

298. Carlos Colon – 16 points – 2 votes – VHB Floyd #89

Putting it into perspective that's a huge climb for Colon in ten years' time. That said I really wanted Colon to squeak into the top 100, and he almost made it. Once again, Boricua along with Kris Zellner and Dylan Hales did a great job of highlighting his case with their Puerto Rico podcasts and I really got to see what made Colon an all-time great based off some of their recommendations.

DAMN. Colon was SO CLOSE. That's the biggest gut punch to me of this whole exercise as of right now.

In 2006:

298. Carlos Colon – 16 points – 2 votes – VHB Floyd #89

Tremendous rise for Colon! ... I haven't done the deep dive on him yet. Seen the Starrcade stuff and some other things outside of Puerto Rico. But of his Puerto Rico stuff I've seen the Hansen feud and about 9-10 other matches. That has definetely put him on the map for me. He didn't register at all in earnest for me until this project started. And he almost made it onto the list. He was my 102, so one spot ahead of his place here. If I hadn't done two vanity picks he would have been my #100 and I'm sure that he'll keep climbing over the next years. So start the campaign trail for "Colon 2026" now :D

So close... no Puerto Ricans then.

He came so close to going on my list. And that's possibly 90% your doing. The Hansen-Colon feud had been hyped by others, but that alone wouldn't get him all the way for me. A long way, but not all the way. But you've been part of pointing me towards a bunch of other stuff of his that actually connects with me. I'd found him very one dimensional and boring earlier. My eyes are maybe not fully open yet, but they're getting there. So don't worry about him missing the top 100. You took part in raising him way above where he would otherwise have been. And the full effect has not been seen yet. His stock will continue to rise over the next couple of years as the rest of us get around to seeing more from Puerto Rico. Good job and keep it up!

Looking at the predictions thread, it seems a lot of people think it may end up some combo of Hansen and Flair at the top. If that occurs, does that mean the top 2 wrestlers of all time (according to PWO) have no video footage against each other?

Damn... Flair vs. Hansen has just joined the ranks of Savage vs. Funk as the "match that could have happened but never did that I would most have liked to see"...

Man, today has been brutal for my list. Colon, Christian, Waltman, Hero and Grey out in one fell swoop.

I was the no. 100 on Waltman, so has Grimmas stopped naming the low voters? I am asking because I never intended to make my ballot anonymous, and I just want to check if I made a mistake.

I was the no. 100 on Waltman, so has Grimmas stopped naming the low voters? I am asking because I never intended to make my ballot anonymous, and I just want to check if I made a mistake.

I've been a high and low voter, so I don't think he's naming low voters. Which make sense, since a low vote doesn't really mean anything (it's still infinitely better than not ranking someone at all).