Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

Cesaro being still out there is pretty bemusing to me. I know people tend to like that awkward style of worker, but to me he has never gone beyond a solid midcard hand anywhere. His indie run was mediocre in comparison to his peers, and I can't think of any properly great matches he has had in WWE.

awkward style of worker?

He was a star in NXT, not just in the midcard. Heck he was the highlight of the main event of Raw on the biggest Raw of the year.

Great matches?

vs Regal

vs Cena

vs Zayn

all easily hit that mark.

Awkward might be the wrong word - I meant all the European touches, the stiff uppercuts and such. Workers using that style in major league US wrestling tend to get a good rep.

The main event of that Raw is a bad example, it was an underwhelming mess. Can't remember the other three matches, probably worth giving them a rewatch. I tend to hate modern WWE in ring though except for a few guys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And recency bias is always going to be a factor. Maybe it wasn't so much for like, Joe and Danielson in the smarkshoice poll but it was for Kobashi (who's done almost nothing to add to his case since then and I say that as someone who loves the 2007 return match and his retirement match about as much as anyone) and Zayn's been around much longer than both Danielson and Joe were at that point in time. Anyway I have zero problem with him ranking even if I didn't vote for him.

Is there a way to check out Low-Ki vs Rey Mysterio from the 19th Anniversary Show? Did JAPW release pro shot footage of it?

they sell the dvd on their website. That's how I saw it, actually ordered a dvd in 2015.

Thanks. They have it in Blu Ray as well! Strange 'Shop' section on the site, two decades of events and they have only four DVDs for sale. Do they routinely tape stuff? I'm sure their matches used to show up on comps around 2004/2005.

Still prefer inserting a disc into the player to loading up some stream. Feels more of a commitment somehow, I'm less likely to start flicking around.

I should have went to that show. Could have been somebody.

I'm out with some friends and some of the objective/ subjective stuff came up. Hey, it's on my mind.

Just thought I'd share a direct quotation and leave it standing there:

"I'm a lawyer and in law 'objective' means: given this evidence, and these facts, what would the average, sane man in the street conclude?"

I like that definition.

I'm out with some friends and some of the objective/ subjective stuff came up. Hey, it's on my mind.

"I'm a lawyer and in law 'objective' means: given this evidence, and these facts, what would the average, sane man in the street conclude?"

I like that definition.

Second that

I like that definition.

Which means... i'm not sane or average?

I like that definition.

Doesn't it just mean that you define the word "objective" differently in this context? Hate to say it, but you seem pretty sane to me... Average? Let's not go there :-)

I like that definition.

Doesn't it just mean that you define the word "objective" differently in this context? Hate to say it, but you seem pretty sane to me... Average? Let's not go there :-)

I'm not average. Ask my wife.

Mando>Eddie is a fascinating creature.

I was a guest on Goodwill Wrestling with Goodhelmet/Will and Elliot to talk our ballots so look for that to be up soon.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that definition.

I am sure you have other good qualities, don't be so hard on yourself

There's nothing sane about being a wrestling fan.

Amen. Also, Low Ki is the first guy to me that his placement actually gave me a twinge of pain. Really wanted to see him make it into the 100. We've got 15 years of him on tape and it's all bonkers and utterly fantastic. Similar to Grimmas' take on Necro Butcher he's a guy I'd be excited to see paired up with anybody.

4 left till we get to 100!!

3 of them are on my list.

1 is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

1 is still adding to his case.

1 is a big time draw in their home territory.

1 is Canadian.

Incredible tease. Got to be Rock and Christian.

Chris Hero has to be the one adding to his case, according to some.

Dwayne has to be "one of the biggest stars in wrestling history" even though I couldn't stand him.

Unsure about the other two, but I'll go out on a limb and say Kerry Von Erich and Christian are next.

I like that definition.

:D Really tried not going there, but ok... Yup. That's what she told me. But I'm sure you find ways of compensating for that :P

EDIT: Damn. Phil's comeback was way better...