Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, yeah yeah, crowd connection, but have you seen Rock's sharpshooter and spinebuster and punches and just overall general fundamental awfulness?

Like John Cena's you mean ?

Yep, but Cena has a longer peak and way more great performances.

At least we can finally stop asking "what about Maeda?" now. His placement does seem oddly high to me, for the reason that I don't remember ever hearing anyone really go to bat for him as being a great worker or having any number of matches worth visiting.

Did you read his thread?

Zayn is a surprise to me. I wouldn't expect him to outrank other second-tier indie guys (first tier being Bryan, Joe, Punk) like Steen, Low-Ki, Aries, etc. But this poll got a pretty big sample size and early 2010s ROH was something that I was totally out of wrestling during, so maybe people who followed that have a stronger attachment to him for that than I'd guess.

Christian did well for a glorified midcarder who hasn't done anything in the last 2-3 years. I snuck him in on my ballot but didn't expect him to do nearly as good as he did. I want to find my "I hope the results prove me wrong" quote because so far it's been the opposite.

So... a glorified midcarder who hasn't done anything in the last 2-3 years is one of the 100 greatest wrestlers ever to you? And better than some of the names you didn't rank? Fair enough :-)

Both things I mentioned were extremely important in how he was perceived but didn't matter one bit to me.

The Rock's punches are like a Marufuji Superkick, it looks great the first time you see it but then you watch more wrestling and you're not 11 anymore and you realise how stupid it looks. Would still take both over Thatcher's headbutt.