Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Wrestlemanias 9-11 made me realize how good Yokozuna was for someone so enormously huge. It's ridiculous seeing a five or six hundred pounder hitting savate kicks and legdrops, not to mention bumping like he did. Most superheavyweights bump like an old building slowly teetering to the ground, but Yoko was bumping like a cruiser in his match with Owen vs the Gunns at WM 11. To top it off, he got some huge air on the Bonzai drop as well. Work or not, I'd shit my pants seeing an ass that big careening towards me.

I agree with Sek about Yokozuna. Maybe it's due to seeing the same dull product these days, but I'm appreciating Yokozuna even more watching the old shows from the 90s. I also really, really liked his entrance at WrestleMania 10. The lower positioned camera during the darkened entrance really gave the atmosphere of a larger than life monster about to wreck havoc.

Regarding WM11: So that spot wasn't a work (with Michaels and the photographer)? He did something similar at Hell In A Cell versus Undertaker, but I don't know if it's the same case here or not.

The HIAC spot was a work that built off his previous cameraman hissy fits, same with the match with Sid where the camera ended up getting used as a weapon.

WM 11 seemed like a shoot to me, HBK snatched the one dude from behind by his collar and fucking flung him like a sack of potatoes. The second incident involved a cameraman getting in the way of a ringpost spot and HBK forcibly moved him out of the way. You can see Sid (who was in his corner) trying to calm Shawn the fuck down afterwards since even he could see what was going on.

I've always been a pretty big fan of Yoko. The man was underrated. I really want to see that Hart match that got pimped. Bret was notorious for working in his opponents big three moves and Yoko's belly-to-belly suplex, leg drop and Bonzai Drop all looked like death when he connected with them.

As far as HBK and cameramen go, let's say that I've at least noticed it. If it were something small or just a lil' work, I don't think I would've noticed it. It was the demeanor in which is happened, at least the WM11 one.

I also was curious about the Sweet Chin Music on the timekeeper in the Ironman match with Bret Hart. It looked like he kicked that dudes head off. Did he really connect or was it just the best SCM ever?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Booker T & Sharmell are the best thing going in the company. I was skeptical when Sharmell was put on TV, but these 2 are absolute GOLD together. I mark out every time Sharmell introduces Book as "my man, Booker T!" And Book was great last night on SD, going on about how he single-handedly beat Benoit to become US Champ.

Yeah, I really like that entrance too. She just seems like she's really good at getting heat. She plays a good bitch.

I also really liked the finish to the Henry/Mysterio match. Obviously I would've rather had Rey win the match but I did like the finishing sequence.

Guest Bruiser Chong

The more I see of him, the more I think Adrian Adonis is one of my favorite wrestlers, not just of the '80s, but ever. His over-the-top selling never grows stale and it seems like no matter who he's facing, I enjoy it. If he can make me dig an Uncle Elmer match, something's up.

The two Benoit vs Kanemoto matches from 95 for me are the toughest matches where I have a hard time describing my feelings about them. They work so well but I have a difficult time describing why they work. I think I'll have to do a review of them someday. I feel they're two of the best examples ever if someone wants to show off how good a worker Benoit can be.

There was a setup tag before the 3/95 Benoit vs Kanemoto match that really helped make the 3/95 match better.

I am such a fan of the Ocean Cyclone Suplex and I don't understand why more wrestlers don't use it. I'm assuming it's hard to pull off but man oh man if I was a wrestler I would not hesitate for a second to use this as a finisher. Maybe my favourite move in wrestling.

I really like Dan Ginnetty's commentary on the wrestling show he does because he looks at several things from the same perspective I do.

I saw Kawada vs Williams from 4/16/94 rescently but didn't like it nearly as much as the match they had where Williams has his knee taped up.

Villano III vs Atlantis Mask vs Mask was so, so awesome.

Benoit vs Gedo from the 95 J Cup is so underrated. This is one of those matches where I completely forget that wrestling is staged as this just felt so real. I really get emotionally swept up in this one. Everything around the clothesline of doom (you know what I mean if you've seen the match) is terrific.

I watched an episode of OVW from a week ago. Maria was the highlight of the show. She was hotter in OVW than I've ever seen her on Raw, if that's possible. I think she's my favorite "diva" of all-time now, at least physically, eclipsing Sunny from the 90's.

CM Punk didn't impress me, however he was in a tag match. He won with the Anaconda Vice.

I'm getting ready to watch ROH Vendetta from early November.

Guest CanadianChick

That's the second time today I've heard/read someone say that their favorite wrestler, or one of their favorite wrestlers, is Adonis. Strange, because that's not a name that's brought up too much around me.

Guest Some Guy

I am such a fan of the Ocean Cyclone Suplex and I don't understand why more wrestlers don't use it. I'm assuming it's hard to pull off but man oh man if I was a wrestler I would not hesitate for a second to use this as a finisher. Maybe my favourite move in wrestling.

I love that move. It looks like it hurts a lot and probably does, which i imagine is why it isn't used in WWE hardly ever. When I was doing OAOAST over at TSM my character used Rolling Wheelbarrow suplexes, which sadly I've never actually seen performed.

Guest savagerulz

Was I the only who thought about how sad it is that (according to their storylines) since the last Impact, Raven has been retired by X-Pac, and neither of the two were even mentioned for the whole show? Putting A.J. Styles in a "street fight" match is like pitting Mark Henry and Viscera in an epic tables, ladders, and chairs battle for the cruiserweight title.

Did anyone else think Petey Williams looks like he shrank? For some reason, I thought he looked much taller when he was wrestling A.J. Styles a few months ago. Now he looks like a midget with a six pack, barely taller than his stable's runt, Eric Young. To A.J.'s credit, he did make the stepping off the platform spot that any of us could do look much more impressive than it actually is.

Was I the only who thought about how sad it is that (according to their storylines) since the last Impact, Raven has been retired by X-Pac, and neither of the two were even mentioned for the whole show? Putting A.J. Styles in a "street fight" match is like pitting Mark Henry and Viscera in an epic tables, ladders, and chairs battle for the cruiserweight title.

You obviously haven't seen his street fight with Jimmy Rave.

Guest savagerulz

Well if YOU say Styles fits in a "street fight" I guess he does. God knows when I think "Styles" I think "hard ass fucker who fights for blood." As for Rave, he IS a piece of shit as a human being. A suck-up, move stealing spot whore that rarely deserves to lick the boots of whoever he is in the ring with. There's a whole lot of backs he stabbed (and asses his kissed) from Wildside on up, and one can only hope that payback, is indeed, a mother.