Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kilgore Trout

As for Rave, he IS a piece of shit as a human being. A suck-up, move stealing spot whore that rarely deserves to lick the boots of whoever he is in the ring with. There's a whole lot of backs he stabbed (and asses his kissed) from Wildside on up, and one can only hope that payback, is indeed, a mother.

Jimmy Rave continues to rack up the awesomeness points.

Well, so far I have seen one AJ Styles street fight and so far, it is the best setting I have seen him in. So, if you want to criticize AJ, go right ahead. Knock yourself out... but at least give a valid reason. I never thought I would see a good Mark Henry match but it just happened (there is a thread that has your name all over it).

Anyway, when you made the "Jimmy Rave is a piece of shit" statement, I thought you were referring to his in-ring work. Too bad he is probably the best heel currently working. If you didn't notice, this is the wrestling business where about 90% of the people in it are of questionable character.

Guest savagerulz

"Best heel working." You shitting me? Rave falls into category of those spot-filled, counter everything, move from spot to spot, every match is 10 minutes plus guys I dislike so much.

As for AJ, he isn't street fight stuff. But if something is properly built up he could be. But his character (being as clean-cut as any face working today) should be PUSHED kicking and screaming into a street fight...not just booked in one just because. In fact, a character like AJ's is so Ivory Soap squeaky clean, and his style of wrestling so UNstreet fighting that by the time he's booked in one, it should change his character a little bit...that is, if you were booking well and really wanted to put an exclamation point on the match.

There's pieces of shit in the wrestling business. I know. But Rave is a little lower than your average piece of shit. Being here, and having seen him wrestle in front of crowds of 20 before, knowing guys who have worked with him everywhere from Wildside, CZW, ROH and other locker rooms he's darkened with his presence, I can clearly say that based on my interactions with him, stories from wrestlers who I trust, and the reactions he gets from most of the boys, I would say that if he got badly hurt in the ring I would be more inclined to check the canvas to make sure he didn't tear it more than care what happened to that piece of trash.

This isn't really all that funny, but I sure am laughing at it anyway for some reason. I almost think I'm enough of a Ricky Morton mark to wrestle on a benefit show for him, honestly.

:P

There will be another Ricky Morton benefit show on Thursday, February 2nd at the Green Acres Flea Market in Alcoa, TN. AJ Styles will take on Shannon Moore in the main event. The Naturals' Chase Stevens, Team Canada's Eric Young, Cassidy Riley, David Young, Tracy Smothers, Tom Prichard, The Midnight Express, The Barbarian and former WCW star The Stro will also be on the card. Buff Bagwell will hold an autograph signing at the event. Also, the show will be filmed by Highspots and will be released on DVD. All proceeds will be donated to Morton. Visit helprickymorton.org/alcoabenefit.htm for more information.

On a serious note, though, WWE should really be employing Morton as a road agent.

Guest Some Guy

Sadly, he was one of the few who were actually excelling on Raw. Bischoff was much better on-air in WWE then he was in WCW. I actively hated watching him in WCW. I would change the channel when he came on, in WWE I enjoyed him for the most part.

I finished watching the Jake DVD, and I love how after going into (sometimes horrifying) detail about his childhood and his subsesquent abuse problems, they then do a 180 and bash "Beyond the Mat" for, and I couldn't believe they said it, a one sided view of Jake's life. Christ, they spend pretty much the entire program saying the same thing Beyond the Mat does yet they still have to bash it because Vince doesn't like it.

Also, according to Jake, he was tricked into participating in it by Terry Funk (who doesn't exactly come off all that good in the film either).

It's also interesting to hear Vince say that Jake was one of those people who was good at hiding it when he was drunk or on drugs. That Heroes of Wrestling disaster would suggest otherwise, but I guess that's what happens when Vince gets to tell history.

Guest savagerulz

Sadly, he was one of the few who were actually excelling on Raw. Bischoff was much better on-air in WWE then he was in WCW. I actively hated watching him in WCW. I would change the channel when he came on, in WWE I enjoyed him for the most part.

I feel the complete opposite. Bischoff was just a watered down Vince in the WWF, playing a dull "heel commish that the faces rebel against for cheap heat" role that could have been played well by anyone. He never said or did anything memorable in that role. In WCW, however, he was always entertaining as an arrogant asshole who would come out with a shit-eating smile and declare "I love each and every one of you!" while pointing at and looking into the camera. The WWF killed his character. And although the pay-off was silly, I enjoyed his "challenging Vince Mcmahon to a match" angle. He did some very cool nWo promos too.

Apparently Johnny Jeter was one of the Spirit Squad tonight. As someone familar with his awesome heel work in OVW, seeing him as an indistinguishable part of a lame ass group like this makes me very sad indeed. They just took the best young talent in OVW and cut them all off at the kneecaps.

If done right, the Spirit Squad could be the new bWo.

If done right, much like the Blue World Order, it'll still suck and be Wrestlecrap. I'm not one to write off things in wrestling before the play out but let's just say, I have my doubts about this angle. Especially since their debut was an attempt to put over the Coach.

Yeah, the Beyond the Mat part was hilarious. Vince saying he wouldn't let his guys work under the influence was hilarious considering how many of his guys have had problems over the years.

I still think that the Road Warriors feature is the best they've done so far.

It's definitely right up there. Not 100% sure if it's the best documentary they've done, but it's one of the better ones. I think Graham's and Hart's are up there too.

Jake is a lying sack of shit in his DVD. I laughed when he said he was going to get something along the lines of $3.2 million from WCW before Bill Watts came and vetoed that. Sure, Jake. Like you were going to get Bret Hart-level-money-in-1997 back in late '92.

I took that to mean $3.2 million was what he was making in the WWF, which would still be bullshit, but considering merch sales and WM payoffs it's more believable bullshit.

I have to say I've never felt dirtier than after watching the Jake DVD. I wanted to take a bath in clorox after hearing about his family life.

I need to re-watch, but I believe Jake said he had a contract in WCW that said he'll make $3.2 million a year ready to go, then Bill Watts came, saw it, laughed and ripped it up, which resulted in the $200,000 a year contract he wound up getting. Not sure if I'm correct in the values, but I do remember Jake saying that "I would've been set for life" or something. In other words, it had nothing to do with what he was making in the WWF.

Guest savagerulz

If done right, the Spirit Squad could be the new bWo.

If done right, much like the Blue World Order, it'll still suck and be Wrestlecrap. I'm not one to write off things in wrestling before the play out but let's just say, I have my doubts about this angle. Especially since their debut was an attempt to put over the Coach.
But if their gimmick is lame/gay male gay cheerleaders, Coach is really the perfect guy for them to debut with.

I refuse to write off this angle already. Call me crazy but I see real potential with it.

Guest Dangerous A

Jake is fucking lying.

No one in that time period was making anywhere near that kind of money, even Hulk Hogan was having a tough time breaking 2 million a year, and he was the greatest draw in the world at the time. I may watch the Jake DVD sometime in the future, but no way I pay money to hear a con man spin stories about how he had 3.2 Million dollar contracts on the table and how he invented the DDT.