Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Payback

WingedEagle

US Title: Kalisto vs. Ryback

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs. Cesaro

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho

Tag Team #1 Contenders Tournament Final: Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains

WWE Women's Title: Charlotte vs. Natalya

WWE WHC: Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles

Feels like an interesting lineup with the possibility for good matches up and down the card if people deliver and the right matches are given enough time. That's a question mark given there's also a presumably lengthy McMahon family promo & angle taking place. Hopefully its kept reasonably short and not slotted in at a point where it kills what follows.

Very much looking forward to the main event which has the potential to be a MOTYC if everything cliques.

Predictions? Thoughts? People looking forward to it, or is everyone opting for Toronto/Indy Game 7?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are about three people I care about on that entire card. WWE feels so light on credible talent at the minute. So many are either unestablished acts who give you no reason to care, stale acts like Ryback & Dolph Ziggler or worthless vets who have been stinking the place up for years like The Miz.

Probably three people on the entire show who exude any star power. This company is in a state.

There are about three people I care about on that entire card. WWE feels so light on credible talent at the minute. So many are either unestablished acts who give you no reason to care, stale acts like Ryback & Dolph Ziggler or worthless vets who have been stinking the place up for years like The Miz.

Probably three people on the entire show who exude any star power. This company is in a state.

Funny post for this ppv line up, where it's focussed on new people and almost no retread.

Too many new people. No reason to give two fucks about most of them. They are almost uniformly badly presented, badly booked, don't exude any natural charisma. The influx has been too fast.

No retread? Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Cesaro,Chris Jericho - all acts who have become stale and lost any momentum. Jericho at least still knows how to cut a promo and make his feuds feel worthwhile. Cesaro doesn't feel special or hot anymore.

Just seems bereft of any exciting acts, anyone with star power or who you are invested in.

Too many new people. No reason to give two fucks about most of them. They are almost uniformly badly presented, badly booked, don't exude any natural charisma. The influx has been too fast.

No retread? Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Cesaro,Chris Jericho - all acts who have become stale and lost any momentum. Jericho at least still knows how to cut a promo and make his feuds feel worthwhile. Cesaro doesn't feel special or hot anymore.

Just seems bereft of any exciting acts, anyone with star power or who you are invested in.

Yes WWE is stale, but to complain about it on this show where it is the least stale show they have had lined up in a year is odd.

Predictions:

US Title: Kalisto vs. Ryback: This is the pre-show, so the face usually wins. Plus, this match is specifically on the pre-show to punish Ryback for his comments IMO. Winner: Kalisto

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: End of Days for Job Jobbler. Winner: Baron Corbin

Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs. Cesaro: As much as I love Cesaro, this should have been Ryder's match and spot. 50/50 in my mind, but I'll go with the champ retaining by nefarious means (DQ, countout, etc.), leading to a rematch at the next PPV. Winner: The Miz

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens: Another 50/50 in my mind. Zayn needs the win more, but I expect Owens to get it by underhanded means. Zayn is the "Ultimate Underdog" so he'll live to fight another day. Winner: Kevins Owens

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho: The only reason, IMO, that Alcoholic Lame Dad beat AJ last month was to make this a more credible victory for Deano, who needs a win even more than Zayn. Winner: Dean Ambrose

Tag Team #1 Contenders Tournament Final: Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains: Enzo/Cass vs. New Day would be too entertaining. Therefore... Winners: The Vaudevillains

WWE Women's Title: Charlotte vs. Natalya: Probably a crazy prediction, but I can see Natalya getting this as sort of lifetime achievement recognition for all she's done. Plus, why trot out grumpy ass Bret only to watch his niece lose again? Not to mention, Flair's bad behavior has to be punished somehow, and Charlotte is the only one who can realistically be "Triple H'd" for that. Winner: Natalya

WWE WHC: Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles: The Gallows/Anderson "intrigue" has been a nice little distraction, but storylines like that in WWE have never amounted to anything major or shocking. Expect the status quo to remain. Winner: Not a good guy, not a bad guy, just THE guy, Roman Reigns, because you're crazy if you think a Southern TNA 'rassler is gonna vanquish The Roman Empire!

I'm pretty sure Finn debuts tonight and him and Gallows/Anderson cost AJ the match.

It's not unheard of for an NXT wrestler to go from face to heel, but I don't see it happening. Finn is far too entrenched as a face. If they're planning a main roster run for him as a heel, I expect him to be a heel for a few months in NXT first.

My predictions:

Kalisto, Charlotte, Miz, Ambrose, Vaudevillians, Owens, Corbin, AJ by DQ when Gallows/Anderson attack him. Expect Balor to come out during beatdown & be "third man" with Gallows/Anderson. Expect Reigns to be beaten down too

Figure it is going to be like Wrestlemania where they are some really good matches with some really questionable finishes.

What comments did Ryback make? I mean it explains why he hasn't been on RAW and maybe Smackdown since WM and they booking a rematch for the title because why not I guess

Really hope Ambrose wins but have no faith in that. I figure it will be like Styles where he wins the big shows, loses on RAW and Smackdown and claims he "put the guy over"

What comments did Ryback make? I mean it explains why he hasn't been on RAW and maybe Smackdown since WM and they booking a rematch for the title because why not I guess

Quotes and video here: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/698903-ryback-frustrated-with-wrestlemania-booking-not-pleased-with-where-the-us-championship-match-was-placed-on-the-card-and-more-video

US Title: Kalisto vs. Ryback... Barring a major gimmick overhaul,I think The Big Guy is dead in the water. Kalisto wins, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Ryback get his pink slip, soon.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin... Corbin in a fairly competitive match.

Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs. Cesaro...The world probably wants Cesaro to win, but I'd like Miz to be champ a little longer. I think he wins with help from Maryse.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens...Total toss-up, but I go with KO.

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho...Dean needs a big win.

Tag Team #1 Contenders Tournament Final: Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains....Gotch and English utilize dastardly methods to gain victory. Cass and Enzo will be ok without winning the title, for a while.

WWE Women's Title: Charlotte vs. Natalya.....Charlotte. Bret and Flair engage in old man shenanigans.

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.....I know I'm in the vast minority, but AJ doesn't come across as a star, to me. I don't think he ever gets a run with the WHC. Reigns wins, with Gallows and Anderson costing AJ the match, either "accidentally" or on purpose.

My predictions:

Kalisto over Ryback

Corbin over Ziggler

Miz over Cesaro with heel or manager shenanigans

Owens over Zayn. Can see this match being used to show the main roster audience how much of an underdog Zayn is

Ambrose over Jericho, not too invested so this was a coin flip decision

Enzo & Cass over Vaudevillians

Charlotte over Natalya with outside distraction ft. Brett and Ric

Reigns over AJ, Karl & Doc and Usos fighting outside turns into some 6 man chaos. All Samoan suicide dive spot

Corbin v Ziggler has been moved to the pre show.

Is Kalisto/Ryback still there too, or did that get bumped up?

If the U.S. Title is on the main show now, maybe we're getting a new champ?

Edit: Never mind, still on the pre-show.

Not a huge Corbin fan myself, but he has improved. Still don't see him ever progressing beyond a Ryback-level spot on the card, but still. It's not like they're going to give Dolph a major push ever again either.

What do people think of Ranallo on these pre-shows and Smackdown? I like some of his content, but he tries very hard to push submission names and Japanese terms which I don't think is all that necessary in the environment. His voice seems a bit forced but doesn't bother me much, I could imagine it sounding a bit silly to a first time viewer.