Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV, May 9th - May 15th

Parties

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Reks on the insidious evil that is John Cena:

There is truth that there was some sort of unknown, unreasonable heat between Riley and Cena. To the point where everyone on the roster thought that Cena was treating him in a way that was totally uncalled for. No one approached Cena about it, but the entire locker room was on Riley’s side, a lot of condolences, and this is ‘ridiculous, bro,’ and it was every freakin’ day. Cena thought Riley did something wrong every single day.

Like, it’s completely against the wrestler code to ever go through another wrestler’s bag. One day, Riley walked into an empty locker room and Cena was just going through his bag. He found some pre-workout vitamins and b—hed him out for taking supplements, asking if he ‘thinks this is ok.’ Like, he was looking for a reason to get him fired.

We had the match when Linda was running for Congress for the Stand Up For WWE charity shows, and it was a tag match, I think it was a six man tag match if I remember right. And it was me, Hawkins, and Ziggler vs. Riley, and two other baby faces. Cena had made it clear that he wanted Riley to act a certain way and do certain things. And we structured the entire match to his wishes and it went flawlessly as far as we were concerned. The second we walked backstage he came up to me and said ‘hey where’s numbnuts?’ And he sees the look on my face and tells me to go get Riley. So all six of us came back and he b—hed out Riley in front of the backstage roster — about how he always tells him to do one thing and he does another, and Cena was ‘washing his hands of helping him.’ Even Ziggler was like, ‘What the hell, man?'

Tyler Reks being a credible source of anything is a hilarious concept.

What makes Reks less credible exactly? Because he wasn't a star? That kind of star-fucking attitude is usually absent from this board, so it's disappointing to see it now.

With that said, I have no idea if Reks is full of shit - he may very well be - but if JTG also mentioned something along similar lines (I read the book but had no desire to "decrypt" all of his "coded" messages), there could be something there.

One thing no one ever notes is that Miz's push also went down the same time Riley's did. If it was because of heat with Cena, I wonder if it affected Miz as well? The difference is, Miz probably kept quiet and remained a "good soldier." Just speculation, obviously.

word is that Paige and Del Rio are an item. Can't wait for the next season of Total Divas

"No, Alberto, I'm not ready to meet your mum or watch a bullfight with your family. That's a level of commitment I'm bloody uncomfortable with, okay?"

I actually kind of marked out when Fandango and Tyler Breeze double crossed Goldust and Truth. I really like both of those guys, hopefully this will keep both guys occupied for a while. Breeze hasn't been around long enough yet for any long term damage to set in and Fandango has always been great the rare times they give him a chance to show his personality.

I'm rooting for these guys.

so this is like 5 days late or whatever but for the first time I might be into this McMahon stuff. Steph acted like a total face on Monday. Not an insincere just fucking around face but a full blown straight forward babyface. I really hope they stay with this. *Shane* being the one to turn on her would certainly be a fresh take instead of the predictability of Steph finally snapping and having her turn. It would be a tough sell for the crowds to cheer Stephanie all of a sudden (if this was 13-15 years ago all it would take was a short skirt and a bunch of cleavage shots but yeah not now) but I don't think it's impossible. I know this going to look foolish when she's back as a heel on Monday but I really hope if they are set on doing this they don't go the obvious route.

You guys know this. They decide the poster images months in advanced and usually without any idea what the card is, often times with just something that fits the theme. Dean Ambrose is the extreme guy. it makes sense he'd be on the poster. Payback had the Wyatts who weren't on the card, etc.

You guys know this. They decide the poster images months in advanced and usually without any idea what the card is, often times with just something that fits the theme. Dean Ambrose is the extreme guy. it makes sense he'd be on the poster. Payback had the Wyatts who weren't on the card, etc.

Yea I guess I shouldn't be shocked that these questions still pop up but I am. It's just something cooked up by their marketing department months in advance. They definitely don't book months in advance and decide from that who is going to be in the marketing materials.

I do think it's possible for the promotional work and creative to coordinate with each other. Remember the poster for Summerslam 07 featured the Jackass guys on it which was the plan for that show. Then the Benoit tragedies happened and they backed out. So I think in specific cases the two departments can work together

There was also the super simple "Rollins vs. Lesnar" poster from last year that people loved because it actually appeared to be advertising a high-caliber fight of some kind. But yes, generally speaking the advertising is meaningless. "It's about the brand!"

Steph just announced on twitter she has signed a book deal to write a memoir about her life. Oh man that could be real interesting if she talks about the obvious backstage things we know about

And can you imagine the push this will get on wwe TV when it comes out

And it comes out Sept 27 of this year. Maybe this is why they were teasing a true face turn last week

PWI reporting Seth Rollins will be returning on the June 6th Raw. Question is will they feud him with Reigns right away or will he be in the Steph/Shane ordeal

I hope he and Roman Reigns have a Buried Alive match and Seth Rollins loses so all the inevitable BURIED!!! cries can actually have at least a tiny bit of truth.

Steph just announced on twitter she has signed a book deal to write a memoir about her life. Oh man that could be real interesting if she talks about the obvious backstage things we know about

And can you imagine the push this will get on wwe TV when it comes out

And it comes out Sept 27 of this year. Maybe this is why they were teasing a true face turn last week

Considering the goal according to Meltzer (pushing Stephanie's public profile) I am sure it will be as honest as the "a day in my life" article a couple of years ago was.