Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Extreme Rules 2016

Superstar Sleeze

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the Dana Brooke finish coming, but now all of a sudden she's a simpering sycophant for Charlotte...WTF? Really out of character for Dana Brooke IMO.

No......it's not out of character in the least if you've seen her in NXT. Her bestie Emma is injured right after Dana hits the main roster.......of course she'll sleep with Ric and worm her way into that sitch

4 Way was great, Main Event was great........cage match was too long but the tack teases and Jericho taking it like a champ was great. Tornado Tag was a fun, chaotic opener. Good show

Roman/AJ was absolutely outstanding. Both guys deserve a ton of credit for having a great match.

But can I nitpick something? When AJ was beating the tar out of everyone with the chair, was it really necessary to go to the stupid bouncy/zoom in-zoom back out right away camera trick? Here's Styles -- a guy getting his shot on the big stage and desperately doing whatever he has to do to win -- going absolutely bonkers with a chair, and instead of locking in on a steady shot to let the carnage and Styles' will to win sink in w/ the viewer, the camera work is giving everyone a seizure and making the moment seem like a silly trick.

It didn't ruin the match or anything, but it's stupid shit like that that bothers me about modern WWE.

I didn't even really notice it, and I watched the match 3 times. I guess maybe if you don't watch WWE TV on a weekly basis it would be jarring? It's way worse on RAW sometimes than it was there.....and I actually thought AJ snapping and destroying everyone with chairs was a great spot in the match, and had been built up really well. The last thing on my mind during that was camera cuts, and I think they may have added to the moment tbh

I popped hard for that chair spot, but gotta admit that the camera took me out of it for a moment, too.

Otherwise a really good show, except the cage match mostly, but I don't know, it never really succeeded in capturing me. Maybe it was me, but although I wanted to ike it and DO like it, it just didn't click.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to watch AJ Styles vs Roman Reigns. Honestly, at this point, the god awful production prevents me from enjoying anything. Every moment is ruined by cam switch or stupid zoom-in/zoom-out or cam shake. Looked like a very good match though, Styles is an amazing worker (although taking those bumps was kinda too much). The French announcing, on the other end, helps a lot compared to listening to the JBL/Cole drones. But yeah, the production just makes things impossible to enjoy.

IIRC, they started doing the excessive zooming gimmick when the Shield started as a way to potentially cover up guys being pushed as bad assess missing on strikes and/or they didn't trust three guys new to the main roster to "work properly" right off the bat. Why they are still doing it is beyond me. It seems so counterproductive to have your TV production nausea inducing to the point you have to look away.

I think Lance Storm said the shaky camera/zooming started when Hulk Hogan came back in 2002 because he was so old and slow and it was Kevin Dunn's way of "creating motion" for him. Which is fine, but doesn't explain why they do it to the point of nausea for literally everyone on the roster now.

I can absolutely believe the Shield thing as the point where it went into overdrive, but I don't suppose their fears about moving to HD in 2008/2009 had any bearing on it, did it?

IIRC, they started doing the excessive zooming gimmick when the Shield started as a way to potentially cover up guys being pushed as bad assess missing on strikes and/or they didn't trust three guys new to the main roster to "work properly" right off the bat. Why they are still doing it is beyond me. It seems so counterproductive to have your TV production nausea inducing to the point you have to look away.

I thought the point of the camera tricks during The Shield attacks were to get over the wild, unexpected quality of the beatdowns. They were particularly annoying in those segments but at least it was unique and played into their act. Now The Shield is no more and it's kind of infected everything.

Didn't see the Dana Brooke finish coming, but now all of a sudden she's a simpering sycophant for Charlotte...WTF? Really out of character for Dana Brooke IMO.

No......it's not out of character in the least if you've seen her in NXT. Her bestie Emma is injured right after Dana hits the main roster.......of course she'll sleep with Ric and worm her way into that sitch

And what about her NXT character was anything like that? What am I missing here?