Pro Wrestling Only

WWF TV Aug 8-14

Ricky Jackson

The plan was for Cena to win but be beaten so badly that he would have to be carried out, allowing Brock to claim that he was the moral victor. Instead, Cena cut that weird promo after the match.

Can't remember ever hearing this. Do you have a source? (Not calling you out or anything, just curious.)

Other than Brock doesn't get hurt by making Dean look good and making Ambrose look good benefits the company by having more credible stars the fans take seriously. Plus they made the comedy geek loser the Champ a few months later and the fans didn't seem to mind

Well that's assuming the plan was to make him the champ, which it seems clear wasn't the case (at least at that time) until Roman got popped. At the time Dean was just another piece of meat to be served up to Brock.

The plan was for Cena to win but be beaten so badly that he would have to be carried out, allowing Brock to claim that he was the moral victor. Instead, Cena cut that weird promo after the match.

Can't remember ever hearing this. Do you have a source? (Not calling you out or anything, just curious.)

It's in the WON the week after Extreme Rules.

From memory it was that Cena in the moment thought that his arm was legitimately fucked up (you can see him saying as much on camera) so he ad libbed the promo to thank the crowd because he figured he'd be out for months and months - which would have sold the beating if it happened. Instead it turned out he was fine and he cut a going away promo for no reason and looked silly.

From memory it was that Cena in the moment thought that his arm was legitimately fucked up (you can see him saying as much on camera) so he ad libbed the promo to thank the crowd because he figured he'd be out for months and months - which would have sold the beating if it happened. Instead it turned out he was fine and he cut a going away promo for no reason and looked silly.

Remember what his arm looked like? It was like he had a melon under his skin.

i found that Austin Ambrose podcast so weird. Ambrose just really seemed stoned of his mind all the time and if they didn't let him pee in a cup afterwards, I don't know... ;)

in all seriousness though, the word that comes to mind first is interesting. Ambrose really seemed hesitant to speak about some things and got very much into others, to the point where I thought Austin was downright annoyed of always trying to bring him back on track.

The end really intrigued me. To me it came off as Austin telling Ambrose to up his game personally, but also as having hopes in him of changing the current product, of kinds. All that trying things and being more edgy talk seemed like a longing for some more of Moxley and less of current WWE PG.

All in all I really enjoyed the hour, although I was really irritated at times.