Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2016

FMKK

Kick-off show is underway.

Lot's of big matches on this show although only four of them really interest me; Lesnar vs Orton, Cena vs Styles, Reigns vs Rusev and Charlotte vs Sasha.

However, at least some of the results seem unpredictable. Hoping that the 6 hours doesn't drive anyone to insanity....

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man they are kind of burying Dolph on this pre-show unless they are actually going to give him the title tonight. Given that the brand just started I don't know if you want to tell people that this is probably his last chance at a title shot and near the end of the line

I think the storytelling and the promos have been quite good for this one. It makes sense to acknowledge that Ziggler has never gone all the way but like you say, they need to play a careful game. I wouldn't give him the title but with the rosters so stretched they can't afford to devalue anyone who is half-way over.

The 12-Man Tag was fun for what it was.

Zayn-Neville vs. Dudleys on now.

Corbin's little spiel about money was gold, and I loved it when he stuck his gum onto Lawler's note. His only problem is that he's still too young and soft-looking, not at all intimidating and has a receding hairline, so he's been kind of miscast in the "bad ass" role.

Has there ever been an act that's been cooled off and made so irrelevant and inconsequential so quickly than The Dudleys since their return? There's a difference between putting people over and doing it so much that there's no longer any value in it. The Dudleys have reached the latter stage. Why even bother?

Has there ever been an act that's been cooled off and made so irrelevant and inconsequential so quickly than The Dudleys since their return? There's a difference between putting people over and doing it so much that there's no longer any value in it. The Dudleys have reached the latter stage. Why even bother?

I feel like they were only really properly over for the return pop in front of the smark crowd. They've been living on fumes ever since.

Cesaro and Sheamus have been demoted to the pre-show...just wonderful. :rolleyes:

I feel like they were only really properly over for the return pop in front of the smark crowd. They've been living on fumes ever since.

They were sunk when the heel New Day became more over and popular than them during their feud.

Given how much "the demon king" sounds like "the demon Kane", you'd think they wouldn't push it quite so hard. But you'd be wrong.

And let's not forget "The King of Strong Style" Shinsuke Nakamara. Usually, WWE wouldn't be so sloppy to have two of any name. Nakamura is still in NXT but I'm guessing he'll be on the main roster by the day after WrestleMania at the latest.

Cesaro-Sheamus was tremendous, esp. as a pre-show match with two outstanding GWE 100 contenders that had no heat going into it. Probably the best singles they've had, at least from what I can recall. That's how you go out and try to steal the show, esp. all the storytelling around Cesaro's shoulder and whether it could hold out amidst all the power offense from both. Another match I need to rewatch.

The Dudleys were stale as shit in WWE during the Ruthless Aggression Era and that is why they were split up. Despite spending some time away from WWE, it was like they never left when they returned...and that is NOT a compliment. Much like with Del Rio, WWE just has this magic about itself to make big returns not mean anything or be special in less than a week. The camouflage, entrance pyro, music, etc. all doesn't help. A Bully Ray run is really needed at this point as I have no interest in the Dudleys' act.

The Jericho "IT" stuff is gold. Love it!

The Dudleys were stale as shit in WWE during the Ruthless Aggression Era and that is why they were split up. Despite spending some time away from WWE, it was like they never left when they returned...and that is NOT a compliment. Much like with Del Rio, WWE just has this magic about itself to make big returns not mean anything or be special in less than a week. The camouflage, entrance pyro, music, etc. all doesn't help. A Bully Ray run is really needed at this point as I have no interest in the Dudleys' act.

Agreed. They looked, acted, and sounded like a tired nostalgia act. If you didn't see their work outside the WWE, you'd think they had not evolved one iota in their ten years away. I can understand starting out with the familiar, the tried and true, but they should have quickly moved beyond that. They didn't, and still haven't.

Agreed. They looked, acted, and sounded like a tired nostalgia act. If you didn't see their work outside the WWE, you'd think they had not evolved one iota in their ten years away. I can understand starting out with the familiar, the tried and true, but they should have quickly moved beyond that. They didn't, and still haven't.

They're in their mid-40s, and even when they were good they weren't particularly good. Their ceiling at this point in their career is JTTS nostalgia act, and that's fine. If they were on top of the tag division we'd be complaining about WWE not pushing the young teams. Or I would, at least.

And as I say that, Jericho & Owens go over the insanely over young team.

They're in their mid-40s, and even when they were good they weren't particularly good. Their ceiling at this point in their career is JTTS nostalgia act, and that's fine. If they were on top of the tag division we'd be complaining about WWE not pushing the young teams. Or I would, at least.

And as I say that, Jericho & Owens go over the insanely over young team.

I never said they should be on top. But it no longer means anything when they put anyone over. There has to be a happy medium.