Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2016

FMKK

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual "kick out of finisher / rince / repeat" WWE self-conscious epic. I'm in no hurry to see Nakamura or Joe get thrown into this shitty formula.

they did it last night.

Not at all. Nak doesn't work like he was in New Japan, doing a lot less actually, but the Joe match was excellent.

Code Red... Cena needs to dig up the Canadian Destroyer at this point. The submission exchange is sad.

I finished watching the Women Wrestling 24 doc on the network before this show and I was kinda Surprised the Sasha vs Charlotte went on 2nd, It goes to show that this is Vinces compary at the end of the day. That top Rope backbreaker spot was scary man , If I was Charlotte I'd be thinking I took a few steps back as far as getting the devision over in Vinces eyes. I like Sasha but she isnt the crispest worker either, It had to be hell for her to finish that match hurt like that. Charlotte was crying leading to the finish and Sasha was Crying after the Match was over you can tell she was legit hurt. I like Charlotte too but its obvious she the least experienced of the 4 housewomen and the most ruff around edges in the ring

Usual "kick out of finisher / rince / repeat" WWE self-conscious epic. I'm in no hurry to see Nakamura or Joe get thrown into this shitty formula.

they did it last night.

Not at all. Nak doesn't work like he was in New Japan, doing a lot less actually, but the Joe match was excellent.

Code Red... Cena needs to dig up the Canadian Destroyer at this point. The submission exchange is sad.

They went into the final stretch almost out of nothing. Your finisher, my finisher, my finisher, win.

This was in a sense a play on their recent live matches, but you also got the Styles Clash, the nice Cena control segment, the suplex on the apron, and a torture rack into a spinning powerbomb. I don’t know if I loved the middle of this being an exchange of power move finishers. The head drop followed by a minute apiece of selling and catching breath in the middle of the match felt somewhat Taker-HBK/HHH, but it doesn’t last long as they launched into the rapid springboard 450 and Code Red. The Phenomenal Forearm was great, but I liked Cena’s sudden gorilla-looking lariat almost as much. Overall: too many 2.9 armageddon finishers perhaps, but these two are as well-equipped as anyone to have this style of match. Cena’s reactions were fun if over the top, and the actual conclusion was stellar. The “Cena doesn’t have it anymore” story is interesting and I’m curious where they can go with it. Not as good as their recent house show handhelds, but better than the reception here would have you think.

Who cares about the finisher spam when it's that well done? That was fun as hell.

They finally put some up and comer over John Cena clean and the young up and comer just turned 39.

If there's a more giving major star in terms of putting anyone over than Cena, I can't name him. If anything, he probably should have been more careful about protecting him self over the years.

Cena is probably the worst worker in the company right now. It's only a matter of time before his matches consist of literally nothing but finisher kick-outs and laying around.

LOL, come on man. Let's tone down the hyperbole in this thread just a tad.