Pro Wrestling Only

FloSlam

Grimmas

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Resounding" was a touch dramatic as that implied it was deliberate where as FloSlam is more collateral damage here. FloSlam made a big deal out of OTT before subtly noting in the fine print that it was really only two shows.

From an economics standpoint, the WWE layering in ICW, Progress and OTT while keeping the $9.99 price point is another hit at FloSlam trying to push their $20 model. I don't know how sustainable that price will be for them; they do have some wiggle room where they perhaps wouldn't piss off the 12-month subscribers, but that messes up their overall FloSports pricing since you get access to everything for the $20.

The price point deal is an interesting one to be sure.

As for my other comment, I believe OTT on Flo was a test run for OTT eventually moving to The Network. I have my reasons for believing this, but let's not forget there is WWE money invested into Flo, WWE has kept it's relationship with Evolve despite the fact that Flo is theoretically competition for The Network, and we know of at least one WWN contract that is written to allow for an out whenever the WWE comes calling.

As for my other comment, I believe OTT on Flo was a test run for OTT eventually moving to The Network. I have my reasons for believing this, but let's not forget there is WWE money invested into Flo, WWE has kept it's relationship with Evolve despite the fact that Flo is theoretically competition for The Network, and we know of at least one WWN contract that is written to allow for an out whenever the WWE comes calling.

Well, that, and also the public story that WWE had no idea that FloSlam was coming lacks credibility. Even setting aside that it was an open secret within wrestling, the website itself had been announced months earlier when they started the editor search. Every Flo site has a subscription video streaming service that goes with it.

So then, of course, the question is why WWE would circulate a story that that had no idea this was coming...

Well, that, and also the public story that WWE had no idea that FloSlam was coming lacks credibility. Even setting aside that it was an open secret within wrestling, the website itself had been announced months earlier when they started the editor search. Every Flo site has a subscription video streaming service that goes with it.

So then, of course, the question is why WWE would circulate a story that that had no idea this was coming...

Well they ARE an investor in the company so perhaps the idea of circulating that story was to work the marks who see WWE as the evil empire into signing up for FloSlam so they can be part of the resistance.

I always figured Riddle himself had made sure that WWE provision was in the WWN deal. The WWN/FloSlam dynamic with WWE fascinates me because if I'm the executive at FloSlam and my compensation/job hinges on sales and what this service brings in, I'm pissed at any departures (promotions or wrestlers) that go to any competing service.

The WWE is a (small) investor, so the other people involved would see a serious conflict of interest if they are in cahoots behind the scenes. Interesting nonetheless.

Not knowing much beyond the surface - that WWE is an investor in Floslam - absolutely nothing that takes place should be upsetting or surprising to those associated with the latter. WWE's priority should be its Network. I can't imagine for a minute that anyone associated with Floslam wouldn't expect WWE to utilize every possible opportunity to maximize the value of its network.

So I decided to check this out after reading this thread and the other thread. I don't understand the logic of wanting $20 a month for this or the large up front payment. For what they want for this service, I could subscribe to 2 or 3 other services and get more content. I don't see the value in what they're selling at this point.

So I decided to check this out after reading this thread and the other thread. I don't understand the logic of wanting $20 a month for this or the large up front payment. For what they want for this service, I could subscribe to 2 or 3 other services and get more content. I don't see the value in what they're selling at this point.

Yeah, that's the other problem. Doesn't pass my value test either, but hopefully it does for enough others.

Evolve before was 20 a show, and you get 2 Evolve shows a month. Plus more

Part of the problem is that they sold it as like some game changing service with tons of promotions signing on, and they really haven't delivered anything past the WWN stuff.

Getting EVOLVE is all I needed to be on board, saving lots of money here. Not to mention watching ACW, Shine, Style Battle, FIP, WXW and whatebver random indie runs a show.

Evolve before was 20 a show, and you get 2 Evolve shows a month. Plus more

The problem there is I already thought Evolve was too expensive and this doesn't help that. And FIP and Shine do nothing for me. I do get what you're saying. You're saving $10 and that is a big deal. I guess I don't see the draw for someone like me that wants to get into Evolve but doesn't necessarily want to pay a lot in the process.

I also feel they flat-out lied about how quickly they would throw up the entire WWN back catalog, which can't even be that difficult. That was a major reason I subscribed. I've enjoyed the live shows enough not to feel completely ripped off, but if I had to make a call on renewing right now, I might not.

I also feel they flat-out lied about how quickly they would throw up the entire WWN back catalog, which can't even be that difficult. That was a major reason I subscribed. I've enjoyed the live shows enough not to feel completely ripped off, but if I had to make a call on renewing right now, I might not.

Yeah they clearly stated January 1st as the whole library.

I did the year to save the 8 bucks a month and I will re-evaluate when that year comes up. I think WM weekend is where the real value will come out, but we'll see.

Things in November could be completely different by then.

Honestly makes a lot of sense to me that they wouldn't want those talents on someone else's iPPV (in this case, appearing on FloSlam). Dunne's still competing, not that it doesn't still hurt both IPW and FloSlam.

This comes a day after we were just talking about FloSlam seeing (or well that they should be seeing) the WWE Network as competition and now they lose a draw because of an enforced contract provision.

Very interesting stuff.

There are behind the scenes technical reasons for why they have been so slow to get the back catalog up. Not sure if it's my place to say exactly what past that it's not the fault of WWN or Flo.

There are behind the scenes technical reasons for why they have been so slow to get the back catalog up. Not sure if it's my place to say exactly what past that it's not the fault of WWN or Flo.

Thanks. Good to know it's not a negligence issue.