Pro Wrestling Only

FloSlam

Grimmas

I also feel they flat-out lied about how quickly they would throw up the entire WWN back catalog, which can't even be that difficult. That was a major reason I subscribed. I've enjoyed the live shows enough not to feel completely ripped off, but if I had to make a call on renewing right now, I might not.

There are behind the scenes technical reasons for why they have been so slow to get the back catalog up. Not sure if it's my place to say exactly what past that it's not the fault of WWN or Flo.

They clearly need PR help and you just did a better job than they have. Throw your name in the hat , Bix.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I subscribed for a month to see the Mania weekend shows. It's to the point now that every time I try to even click on the "EVOLVE" section it just crashes the Roku App and sends me back to my home page. It is truly astounding how poorly run this service has been from the very beginning.

So far, my first experience has been solid.

I signed up for Floslam last weekend, in time to watch the IPW:UK show live. The service worked well. And the Floslam team had someone livetweeting the show, including posting GIFs. (and responding to mentions - I jokingly asked if they were going to post a GIF of Kennedy's bare ass from the show, and they replied, "I just started this job; not trying to get fired already.")

I will probably try another show or two before the month ends, prior to deciding whether I want to buy in for the year. (I'd also like to have access to the college women's gymnastics, grappling, and other sports - the annual sub gets you all those, too.)

So I subscribed to this FloSlam gimmick for WrestleMania weekend. My stream was fine on Thursday night, except for the audio mix had the building noise way over powered compared to the announcers. I was at work during Evolve 81 and couldn't watch live, but alas the replay isn't up. I see that the Thursday shows and the Kaiju Big Battel show from Friday are up, but not Evolve 81. Don't think I'll be re-subscribing.

I usually AirPlay FloSlam stuff off of my iPad to my Apple TV for replays. I find that their web is usually updated earlier than the apps and the stream looks fine. It's not as strong with live stuff but it's good for replays.

Yeah it's as good as good for the replays, must be something to do with the media player floslam use for the live streaming.

What about the sound for you guys? Is the commentary always mixed that low? Or just this weekend?

Just this weekend, normally fine. Did a great job all in all, considering WWNlive doing two shows, Chikara would of taped their shows and The Floslam ones, that's a lot of tech work to flick between sites etc...

• 1 month later...

If the price increase was part of an announcement of signing a big name promotion to its roster I could see it, but raising the price without adding anything new (and when people are wondering why the back catalog of what you do have isn't up) is a self-kick to the nards PR wise.

Since there's been no announcement, I'm going with the idea that existing subscribers are grandfathered in at $20 until stated otherwise.

There was no announcement to current members of the price change until they went to renew, so I wouldn't make any assumptions with this group.

Since there's been no announcement, I'm going with the idea that existing subscribers are grandfathered in at $20 until stated otherwise.

There was no announcement to current members of the price change until they went to renew, so I wouldn't make any assumptions with this group.

What do you mean? There's no renewal. It's auto billed like every other streaming service.

I wonder if it is more about making it close to even than a profit at this point. I have a hard time believing they would starting up on this in good financial shape and not having that WWE influence that people thought was going to happen hasn't happened.

Right now all FloSlam is an easier way to get to WWNLive because what else is out there that is must see except the More than Mania weekend. House of Hardcore is a good promotion and it seems like Lucha Forever is getting a push but nobody was going to pay a monthly fee to see these companies

It seems like people expected either PWG or ROH to jump in to make it a WWE Network Killer or somesuch thing, which was silly in retrospect since PWG doesn't do digital and Sinclair doesn't seem to care about ROH past it being cheap content for their stations.