Pro Wrestling Only

Mauro and JBL

sek69

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a baffling argument: that someone has to be perfect in order to avoid workplace bullying. God forbid the guy just be human with his own quirks and foibles.

So you've never been in a workplace where some guy gets on everyone's nerves, even if he's just being himself, and people give him shit for it? Nothing about that is exclusive to wrestling.

We've still never been given any real indication of how Mauro specifically is supposed to have been bullied except for the stuff that JBL said on Bring it to the Table and the usual back and forth stuff between JBL & Mauro on Smackdown (which is not nearly as bad as the shit Byron gets on commentary) Everyone can cite all these specific examples of JBL doing something to Edge or Steve Blackman or Justin Roberts but ask "What did JBL do to Mauro?" and you get "Dave said he bullied him."

So you've never been in a workplace where some guy gets on everyone's nerves, even if he's just being himself, and people give him shit for it? Nothing about that is exclusive to wrestling.

We've still never been given any real indication of how Mauro specifically is supposed to have been bullied except for the stuff that JBL said on Bring it to the Table and the usual back and forth stuff between JBL & Mauro on Smackdown (which is not nearly as bad as the shit Byron gets on commentary) Everyone can cite all these specific examples of JBL doing something to Edge or Steve Blackman or Justin Roberts but ask "What did JBL do to Mauro?" and you get "Dave said he bullied him."

You talk about no one having proof of JBL's bullying, but we also don't have proof that Mauro "gets on everyone's nerves" either.

Besides, didn't Bas Rutten - Mauro's best friend - publicly tweet or talk about JBL bullying Mauro? That's more than just Dave.

The JBL/Mauro stuff may well be overblown - JBL's rant on "Bring it to the Table" felt very exaggerated to me and not all that serious - but there's no denying that there's a pattern with JBL and WWE bullying in general.

The "it's the culture" and "it comes from the top" argument only goes so far with me though, because there are plenty of people in that company who aren't abusive bullying assholes. JBL and Bill DeMott are grown ass men and there should be some personal accountability there.

1. The measure of a story's importance is not how surprising or already known/unknown it is.

2. Dave said some in the company didn't like certain things about him, but most liked him. He was commenting on what he's told less than he was providing his personal opinion.

1. The measure of a story's importance is not how surprising or already known/unknown it is.

2. Dave said some in the company didn't like certain things about him, but most liked him. He was commenting on what he's told less than he was providing his personal opinion.

Matches are way better if no one's ever seen them before though!

People on reddit dug up an 8-year old article

You talk about no one having proof of JBL's bullying, but we also don't have proof that Mauro "gets on everyone's nerves" either.

One of Mauro's former coworkers at The Fight Network wrote about problems with him before. Old stuff that may be exaggerated by someone with an axe to grind, but hey, maybe Mauro was having mood swings that made him a pain in the ass sometimes. Not saying that to justify bullying or anything like that but maybe that's part of what Meltzer meant by not being an angel too, not just that he was acting like a nerd or whatever.

I won’t even get into Mauro, we’d be here all day discussing everything from potential sexual harrassment charges to public intoxication...

I’m shocked that it took TFN that long to lose the UFC credentials, considering when you put Mauro at a dinner table with 3 female PR Reps from Zuffa and he proceeds to tell them to their faces that they are “…dumb c#$ts, who know nothing about MMA and never will” you’d think it would’ve been at THAT point UFC would’ve banned TFN due to his antics. And that was just one of several incidents in Columbus during that weekend…I was also present for an altercation in which Mauro physically attacked a fellow employee for no reason what-so-ever. If I’m not mistaken, it was due to the employee simply asking him a question about an upcoming report that was to be filmed for the ‘Knockout News’ feature. Mauro snapped and dived at him and had to be restraigned by several people in the office. As for my “beef” with the guy, it can’t even be classified as such. It’s just my complete and utter disgust with all that he does, he’s not at all professional, treats people he feels are under him like garbage and is without question, thee worst company spokesman/on air rep that one could have…

It pisses off folks like us to no end, but the harsh truth is no one outside of hardcore fans gives two shits what WWE does. Outside of occasional dog and pony shows like TV talking head shows or meaningless congressional testimony, WWE could murder puppies at every board meeting and the outside world would respond with a collective shrug.

Dogs are legally murdered every day and I'm not referring to euthanasia at overcrowded shelters.

Wait. Bas Rutten is Mauro's best friend? Seems like he could take care of things with JBL.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'm surprised JBL messed with Mauro at all since he is friends with Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten. Both of those guys could seriously fuck JBL's shit up. Especially Bas. He'd do it, too.

That's called assault and people tend to get arrested for such things, particularly people who are trained fighters and intentionally try to injure someone.

As for those Mauro stories, lol. At least in his PRIDE days he was COMPLETELY out of control, getting fucked on valium and opium and mouthing off to Yakuza members and fighters.

Wait. Bas Rutten is Mauro's best friend? Seems like he could take care of things with JBL.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'm surprised JBL messed with Mauro at all since he is friends with Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten. Both of those guys could seriously fuck JBL's shit up. Especially Bas. He'd do it, too.

That's called assault and people tend to get arrested for such things, particularly people who are trained fighters and intentionally try to injure someone.

Really?! Thanks for the civics lesson, Helpy Helperton.

I didn't say that Bas Rutten was going to hop in his car and go hunting for JBL so he could kick his ass.

However, it has been fairly well established that JBL is a bully. He picks on people like Justin Roberts and The Blue Meanie, people who either can't fight back or are afraid to do so. Because he gets away with it, most of the time. Bullies don't usually pick on people who are likely to stand up to them, or who have friends or family who are going to stand up to them. Once in a while, he picks on the wrong person like Steve Blackman or Joey Styles, and gets his ass kicked.

I am saying IF JBL was trying to bully Mauro Ranallo, if he ever crosses paths with Bas Rutten, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Bas would want to add to the list of people who have punched JBL in the face.

I am close friends with somebody who has trained with Bas Rutten, and he told me a couple of things. Firstly, he's one of the nicest, most unassuming guys you'd ever want to meet, who is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is a pushover to his kids. Drives a mini-van. Secondly, he is one of those people who are so legitimately tough that they feel no need to brag about it or act like they're tough but he has the aura that if pushed or provoked, he would respond with great vengeance and furious anger.

I get the feeling if JBL and Bas actually crossed paths, if Rutten felt like punching JBL in the mouth, the fact "that's called assault and people tend to get arrested for such things" most likely wouldn't prevent him from doing it. Sometimes grown men hit each other outside the confines of a wrestling ring or MMA cage. It has been known to happen.

What if Bas beat up JBL backstage at a WWE show then said he was just playing a heel? :D

There are a couple of classic Bas Rutten stories out there, one about him almost punching out Brian Urlacher, another about him knocking out a bunch of bouncers in a bar...one of whom was an off duty cop. There is an animated version of that story on YouTube that is pretty funny.

If only somebody had told him that was called assault and that people tend to get arrested for such things.

Man, either say your shit or don't. Passive aggressive nonsense from all 3 sides (Maruo, Dave, JBL) is just annoying.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Either tell it or shut up. The passive aggressive stuff and the 'I have some news but I am not sharing it' stuff is really annoying. No one comes out looking good from it, especially the speaker. IF JBL is actually bullying people and is causing physical/psychological harm than why be coy about it and allow for someone else to suffer the wrath? But then goes beyond JBL and is just an overall problem with people I see online protecting despicable actions of people.

Man, either say your shit or don't. Passive aggressive nonsense from all 3 sides (Maruo, Dave, JBL) is just annoying.

I don't disagree with you regarding Dave, if there is more he can say about the situation, even if it is his opinion, he should just be out with it. There is nothing more annoying than cryptic remarks from a reporter. If he knows more, he should say it, or not bother alluding to it at all. I hate the whole "I know a lot more about this...but I can't or won't tell you" shtick.

I would imagine JBL isn't saying more because he either wants to keep his head low, or maybe he has even been told not to comment. In Mauro's case, he might not be at liberty to discuss the situation until his contract expires in August?