Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

Since the Hidden Gems section is going to be updated weekly I thought I would start a specific thread on it and all discussion can be done in here.

“From the legendary “Last Battle of Atlanta” to the historic meeting of “The Nature Boys,” dig deep into the WWE archives to witness wrestling lore come to life! Spanning over 60 years, Hidden Gems highlights the rare, the unusual, the forgotten, and never-before-seen footage of the Legends of yesteryear and Superstars of today. This carefully curated series is a must for any purist. Watch the updated offering this Thursday, May 24, at 10 a.m. ET on demand, and look for new Hidden Gems added to the Vault every Thursday, exclusively on WWE Network.

This is Your Life: Jack Brisco

Gordon Solie & Jack Brisco cover Jack Brisco’s rise to the top of the NWA.

Clubbing with Sheiky Baby
Relive a vintage Iron Sheik workout from the late 1970s.

A Race for The Yellow Rose
Watch the match that puts David Von Erich on the map as a contender for the NWA Heavyweight Championship as he battles Harley Race in a 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match. – (WCCW – 8/15/1977)

Dog Fight
British Bulldogs Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith face each other in singles action. – (Stampede TV – 10/29/1982)

The Hammer Pays the Piper
The rivalry between “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine intensifies before their legendary Dog Collar Match at Starrcade 1983. – (NWA/WCW Live Event 7/9/1983 – Charlotte, N.C.)

Meet The Lugar
Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer) introduces us to The Lugar (Lex Luger). – (CWF TV – 10/16/1984)

Legends of the Ring
Relive the Legends Battle Royal, featuring Lou Thesz, Nick Bockwinkel, Bobo Brazil, Gino Brito, Edouard Carpentier, Al Costello, The Crusher, Dominic DeNucci, Tony Garea, Rene Goulet, Gene Kiniski, Killer Kowalski, Pedro Morales, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Arnold Skaaland, Ray Stevens, Chief Jay Strongbow, and Sailor Art Thomas. Includes exclusive post-match interviews. (WWE Live Event – 11/16/1987, East Rutherford, NJ)

The Natural Legacy
Dusty Rhodes introduces us to his son, Dustin. – (FCW TV – 9/8/1988)

A Lesson from Funk University
Terry Funk introduces us to a new word – a “Dustin.” – (FCW TV – 2/23/1989)

At Ease, Yoko!
Relive Sgt. Slaughter vs. Kokena Maximus (Yokozuna) (AWA All-Star Wrestling – 4/29/1990); and watch Yokozuna’s debut as Kokena. – (WWE Superstars – 9/1/1992)

The Dark Side of Royalty
Relive Jerry “The King” Lawler vs. “Mean” Mark Callous (Undertaker). – (GWF presents USWA Challenge – 10/8/1990)

Vader Strikes Back
Ron Simmons takes on Big Van Vader. – (WCW Live Event – 12/30/1992, Baltimore, MD)

D-Generation Ryzing
See Triple H (as Terra Ryzing) battle Brian Armstrong (Road Dogg). – (WCW WorldWide – 2/26/94)

Thunder Meets Heat
Eddie Guerrero takes on Jushin “Thunder” Liger. – (WCW Main Event – 10/1/1995)

Taming of the Extreme
See Chris Jericho’s ECW singles debut against Rob Van Dam. – (ECW Live Event, Queens, NY – 2/3/1996)

A Starla in the Making
In the early days of her career, Molly Holly (as Starla Sexton) faces Malia Hosaka. – (WCW WorldWide – 12/21/98)

Prototypical Arrival
John Cena (aka The Prototype) makes his OVW Debut. – (OVW TV – 5/26/01)

Before Phenomenal
Before his phenomenal rise to the top of WWE, AJ Styles takes on The Hurricane back in 2002. – (WWE Jakked – 1/26/02)

Glorious Beginnings
Albert battles the up-and-comer Bobby Rood(e). – (WWE Velocity – 10/19/02)

Seeds of Lunacy
A young Dean Ambrose takes it to the veteran William Regal. – (FCW TV – 7/1/12)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they release this much stuff every week, it'll be nuts. I'm believing this thing will peter out within a few weeks because history hasn't told me to believe otherwise. It's possible that they have a month or two of this queued though.

Will this stuff be deleted or stay up? Did all the previous hidden gems stay or are some gone?

Excited for this when I get home tonight. I love that the RVD-Jericho match comes out exactly in line with my watch through of ECW.

Liger-Eddie, Piper-Valentine, fuck this is awesome shit to watch.

Will this stuff be deleted or stay up? Did all the previous hidden gems stay or are some gone?.

All the previous gems and new gems are in the Vault section and because of that I don't think they will remove them.

Will this stuff be deleted or stay up? Did all the previous hidden gems stay or are some gone?

Excited for this when I get home tonight. I love that the RVD-Jericho match comes out exactly in line with my watch through of ECW.

Liger-Eddie, Piper-Valentine, fuck this is awesome shit to watch.

I'm pretty sure they'll be added to the vault section man, this is gonna become my favourite section on the network if they keep this up!

Piper-Valentine is incredible. I can't even imagine how good all of the Crockett raw footage they have must be if we had no clue about this match and it's this great.

Anyone else having issues with the Brisco video? At least on Android using the app to trigger Chromecast, it's playing the legends battle royal from 1987 for some reason.

Damn, what a fight between Piper & Valentine. Babyface Piper is awesome to watch.

I want to see the rest of that show. Race/Flair & Briscos vs Steamer/Blood are the other 2 main matches. Basically Starrcade in July.

David Von Erich is only 19 years old in his match with Harley race in 1977. Such a shame he died at such a young age.

I just watched this. You wouldn't know David was only 2 months in, he was pretty good here and the post match endorsement by Race was pure class. If any Von Erich deserved to be World Champion, it was David.

David Von Erich is only 19 years old in his match with Harley race in 1977. Such a shame he died at such a young age.

I just watched this. You wouldn't know David was only 2 months in, he was pretty good here and the post match endorsement by Race was pure class. If any Von Erich deserved to be World Champion, it was David.

Yeah for a guy only a couple months in the business to be put over by one of the absolute greats in Harley race was a very nice touch.

The Battle Royal is all kinds of fun. I cant believe Thesz was 71 in this and still in great shape. I so wanted Carpentier to skin the cat, not quite.

The only part they cut out was Al Costello singing Waltzing Matlida, how could they. lol