Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/25 - 07/01 IRAN GOT ROBBED

KawadaSmile

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait there are people that still think Roman Reigns could get over.  :blink:    Have you not watched the last 2 years of him.   It is over for him regardless of how unprofessional Brock is.   The only real scenario is to figure out how Reigns and finally beat Brock to get that belt off of him so Braun can then take it away from him

Yeah, I'm not sure about those criticisms of Brock. WWE are the ones negotiating the deals and agreeing to the demands. They could easily say "No, this is too much money for the amount of work you are putting in" and let him go. Brock is a draw but, and correct me if I'm wrong, his departure wouldn't seriously impact revenue. Plus in this matches he has no problem putting people over and making them look strong. He just wants to be paid, a true mercenary.

Having said that and as one of the bigger Brock fans on the board, I wish Roman had won at WM and Brock had moved away from the main event scene or left for UFC. 

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Because apparently being courted by the WWE and UFC is considered a huge selling point?   Although at this point I have a hard time believe that Brock moves the attendance or PPV neeedle anymore given how little he works and how awful he works when he is there

And PPV is not even a thing anymore. Everything is one the network and if you don't have already subscribed you can watch the big shows for free (as they don't get tired of telling you).

I don’t remember raw being this wildly inconsistent before. A couple of weeks back was a mess but this weeks show was excellent. The women’s title stuff was trash but that was the only down point of a long ass show. They’re giving long neglected acts something to do - the awesome Mojos disdain at the conga line, Titus and Crews sticking up for the hard working crew, the continued Bo and Axek success story . . . It was all enjoyable. Bayley beating the shit out of Sash Banks was an awesome moment.

Also, holy shit, the San Diego crowd were a massive surprise. Best American wrestling crowd I’ve heard for years.

7 hours ago, Microstatistics said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about those criticisms of Brock. WWE are the ones negotiating the deals and agreeing to the demands. They could easily say "No, this is too much money for the amount of work you are putting in" and let him go. Brock is a draw but, and correct me if I'm wrong, his departure wouldn't seriously impact revenue. Plus in this matches he has no problem putting people over and making them look strong. He just wants to be paid, a true mercenary.

Having said that and as one of the bigger Brock fans on the board, I wish Roman had won at WM and Brock had moved away from the main event scene or left for UFC. 

My biggest criticism of Brock is his phoning it in more often than not these days. He is what he is. It's on the company for ruining their championship.

Meh. The real belt is on the other brand anyway.

I was digging Brock's reign up until Mania, too. The AJ match was okay. The Joe program was phenomenal, albeit way too abbreviated. The Braun buildup was great, even if the match itself stunk and totally took the wrong approach, regardless of its outcome. Oh, and the Goldberg stuff was money.

So yeah. Up until this endless series of shit-shows with Roman, it was a winner for the most part.

If people are referring to the Seth/KO series as some sort of "glorious yesteryear" of prestige for this belt, then fucking hell. Just burn it & be done already. Because if THAT'S the alternative, then (all things considered) I think I'm cool with what we've got.

I just saw the ad for Extreme Rules again, and holy shit. How terrible are their video packages these days? The opening video for Backlash was literally the worst one I can ever recall seeing. And the opening for Money in the Bank was almost equally awful. Their production values remain top shelf, but the voiceovers and the actual content - with all their shitty wordplay and puns - is just the dirt worst.

It's bonkers that Ziggler has gone from the guy I just don't care about, to being one of my favorite guys. I adored that RAW Rollins match. They did the high spot style that most people want to see, and filled it with storytelling. They may have been doing crazy shit, but they never stopped selling that it was a struggle.