Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/25 - 07/01 IRAN GOT ROBBED

KawadaSmile

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine not watching the product and STILL complaining about it.

Besides, tagging with Kane is what got DB over so huge on the first place, yet people seem to overlook that small detail. He is and will be fine in the future.

I doubt they'll win at Extreme Rules, and even in the slight chance they do, it's going to be one of those minuscule title reigns just to give Kane a nice send-off.

My only dissapointment with SD is that Becky vs Sony wasn't as heated as I thought it would've been, but still a nice match. Becky is still getting those incredible reactions and that warms my heart.

Maybe we get Asuka vs Becky down the line.

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Imagine not watching the product and STILL complaining about it.

I'm not complaining. I'm making fun of it. I mean, when Daniel Bryan got back, do you think anyone was frothing at the mouth at the idea of Big Cass and Kane ? It's beyond idiotic on every level.

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Besides, tagging with Kane is what got DB over so huge on the first place, yet people seem to overlook that small detail.

Aww come on, for fuck's sake. I know revisionist history is a trend when it comes to Daniel Bryan in WWE (it was a carefully planned storyline, his road to Mania, you know, yes, yes it was), but Bryan didn't need Kane to get over the way he did. What is seemingly forgotten though, is that Kane was also the very first feud Bryan was thrown into after winning the belt and it was godawful. And back then, some were defending it the exact same way : "it's a nice little nostalgia run and it makes sense because of their past history". Well, apparently, the WWE writers and Vince are still right there when it comes to what to do with Bryan despite his story being the most incredible in years. Way to not do anything relevant or special with him. Anyway, like you said, I'm not gonna watch it. But I can still observe from afar and shake my head... (and really, the name Kane is like a trigger warning to me :lol:)

He HIMSELF thanked Kane in his retirement speech El-P. It's not "revisionist history". They were the ones to beat the Shield for a reason, after all.

Besides, with Kane almost certainly being a mayor, all of this is DB wrestling everyone he can before going to his first BIG post-comeback feud. All of the complaints regarding Bryan are way overblown - people were upset he lost to Rusev, and look who's the #1 Contender (and with some nice odds of being champ)? He was the star of a spectacular gauntlet and now is going to have a fun tag match with Kane.

He's just living the best life and people want to see him with the WWE Title bolted to his waist, it seems.

Unless the feud/match goes past Extreme Rules and into Summerlsam, I see nothing wrong with the Team Hell No reunion. They gotta burn time until August.

And tagging with Kane (and specially the anger management skits) is what got Bryan over with everyone - kids, women and casuals - which he wasn't even during his heel WHC run bullying sweet little AJ and the start of the YES thing. It also lead to him feuding with the Shield and figuring out the hot tag that made him the hottest wrestler in the company. I see no revisionist history there, I thought everyone knew this.

Ok, scrap "revisionist history". But to me Bryan tagging with Kane back then was another case of bad, unfunny, poorly written skits and a great worker being wasted tagging with one of the worst character of the last 20 years, so what do I know... Bryan was gonna get over no matter what, he was already getting over before and got way bigger after he got rid of the big red load.

How is it that Kurt Angle has devolved into SUCH a terrible talker? The guy used to have incredible comedic timing and such sharp wit, but he's literally been outclassed in segments with fucking Paige and Baron Corbin this past month alone. How does that even happen?

It's been SUCH a drop off in quality. I don't even remember him sounding this bad back in TNA. I mean, it's gotta be him buckling under the burden of heavy scripting, right? He went from being a really versatile speaker to sounding like some guy setting up the next line in an awful stage play.

1 hour ago, SomethingSavage said:

How is it that Kurt Angle has devolved into SUCH a terrible talker? The guy used to have incredible comedic timing and such sharp wit, but he's literally been outclassed in segments with fucking Paige and Baron Corbin this past month alone. How does that even happen?

It's been SUCH a drop off in quality. I don't even remember him sounding this bad back in TNA. I mean, it's gotta be him buckling under the burden of heavy scripting, right? He went from being a really versatile speaker to sounding like some guy setting up the next line in an awful stage play.

I had the same exact thought when watching the Photo Shoot episode. It was especially jarring when they would cut back and forth between current Kurt's comments on the photos and the clips of his old promos. I know such speculation isn't something to be tossed around lightly but it legit made me wonder if there are some CTE issues going on affecting his current promo abilities.

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

I had the same exact thought when watching the Photo Shoot episode. It was especially jarring when they would cut back and forth between current Kurt's comments on the photos and the clips of his old promos. I know such speculation isn't something to be tossed around lightly but it legit made me wonder if there are some CTE issues going on affecting his current promo abilities.

I don't think it's CTE issues but rather SSP issues (shitty scripted promos).

Nash became a wretched talker during the Punk feud because he was forced to memorize lines.

When I saw Angle on Table for 3 with Edge and Christian, I remember thinking that he seemed a little...off.  Just a step or two slower verbally than I remember him being.  I also thought maybe he had lingering concussion issues too, or that substance abuse had taken it's toll on him.  It sounds mean-spirited and I don't mean it that way.  I'm not saying it to be insulting, but he really doesn't come across like the same guy since his return.

He’s always fluffing lines and correcting his terms to the corporate terms during promos too which are signs of memory problems and was the same thing Foley was doing while GM. He looks old and broken and fragile. Which is btw a sign of getting old after living a hard life as much as it is brain injuries. But it wouldn’t shock me if he does. 

They're trying to make people think Brock will leave without dropping the belt so that Roman will get cheered for beating him for it. 

It's working to an extent since people are getting Legit Mad at Brock possibly (not really) leaving, but they tried that for WM and it got Brock booed and Roman....also booed.

They re-signed him either on the day of Wrestlemania or the day before and they are closed to running out of dates IN JULY?   For what 2 or 3 appearances.    

I would like to think that when Reigns finally wins the title at next Wrestlemania that they complete bury him.   But I think the chances are still good that Brock would keep the title again and this nightmare will continue next year

That's part of the idea behind this whole thing.  Vince wants people mad that Brock is never around and never defends the title.  So when when Roman finally beats him people will like it because it means Brock will finally be gone and the title will actually be part of show.  Roman is then a hero for getting rid of the guy that hates the fans and is just using the company. He (Vince)just decided that Summerslam wasn't the right place or right time to do it because people in Brooklyn will still boo Roman.  I guess the idea is the longer they build it the more people will despise Brock and thus cheer Roman