Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/02 - 07/08 BELGIUM WITH THE UPSET AGAINST JAPAN

KawadaSmile

The way 205 works I just find it unwatchable. I mean taping a B show after the A show just cannot work. Do it the other way around, that way at least the fans that are already there will be hot instead of everyone who stays being burnt out. Though what they should do is producing it similar to NXT. I mean no one cares about the "live" part of the show anyway. (I hope that the part of it being taped after Smackdown is actually still true.)

My hope is when Smackdown moves to Fridays for the Fox deal, it allows WWE the chance to move around their taping schedule. My guess is they'll be to stuck on the "Live" portion of the name and insist it stay where it is though.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, ...TG said:

Damn, Asuka lit up poor Ellsworth with that slap, knocked him so silly he forgot to sell the backfist. 

The Kane/Bryan interplay continues to be amusing, though it's a bit of a waste of Bryan. 

You can tell she takes it easy on some of the women. She fucking wails on Ellsworth. It is glorious.

3 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

Am I the only one that loved the Nia vs Mickie match? Great performances from both. Mickie is really damn good.

Agreed, feels like Mickie is shining in this role ever since being put back with Alexa. They split them way too soon the first time around.

Oh please this is a UFC that allows people like Jon Jones and Conor McGregor do whatever they want.  The idea that they are upset with Brock saying 'Mother fucker" in that completely worked bit with Cormier is laughable.  

As for the WWE, the idea of Brock holding the WWE title hostage for more money on a contract and THAT was embarrassing is also laughable.   You should be more worried about how much longer he is going to hold on to the belt and never appear because of it.  If they somehow figure out to have Brock beat Cormier (because he is completely mismatched right now), that title could be dormant for another year.  Although the chances of Brock passing a USADA drug test legally is probably the same as him beating Cormier so the fight might not even happen.  Then what 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh please this is a UFC that allows people like Jon Jones and Conor McGregor do whatever they want.  The idea that they are upset with Brock saying 'Mother fucker" in that completely worked bit with Cormier is laughable.  

As for the WWE, the idea of Brock holding the WWE title hostage for more money on a contract and THAT was embarrassing is also laughable.   You should be more worried about how much longer he is going to hold on to the belt and never appear because of it.  If they somehow figure out to have Brock beat Cormier (because he is completely mismatched right now), that title could be dormant for another year.  Although the chances of Brock passing a USADA drug test legally is probably the same as him beating Cormier so the fight might not even happen.  Then what 

Are people upset at the content of the promo itself? I thought it was ridiculous because you are inserting a Bellator-tier angle into UFC and like you said, motherfucker is still Universal Champion.

Both are making money off of that, I believe, but that is not really a good look. Specially considering how Lesnar pisses hot and will still get a title shot.

Unless this all leads to a storyline where he loses to DC, old-school wrestling fan, and loses the title shortly thereafter.

I don't follow MMA, but my thoughts/questions are this:

- Is Cormier a draw the level of a McGregor, Rousey, or Lesnar? If not, is this potentially Dana White's attempt to make him that elusive star UFC needs right now by pushing him up against the more well-known Lesnar, who, by the little I've read, is perceived to be the lesser fighter in 2018? 

- On Vince's side, is it possible that he is taking the gamble that Lesnar somehow wins the UFC Championship and then he'd have not only the WWE Universal Champion but also the UFC Champion under contract? That he sees this, even if it is a longshot, to be a risk worth taking because of how much it could mean for a WrestleMania? For the company's big return to broadcast TV? It seems ludicrous to take that risk for a number of reasons, but its hard to deny that while everyone and their mother complain about Vince's "boner" for Roman Reigns, its been Brock Lesnar he's been unwilling to move out of the main event for the past 3 years. 

- Everyone's been talking about how Lesnar's involvement in UFC will preclude him from appearing/wrestling on WWE TV. Why? How long is your typical UFC training camp? 6 weeks? From what I read, the earliest he can fight in UFC is January. In 2017, Lesnar wrestled at both the Great Balls of Fire and No Mercy shows (not to mention multiple house shows), which suggests to me that while everyone is pointing to Lesnar only wrestling at major shows like SummerSlam or Survivor Series, its just as reasonable to think he could wrestle (and drop the title) in September or October. So, how much does him re-entering the USADA pool really effect his WWE career before, say, December (if he is in fact competing in UFC in January)?

40 minutes ago, DMJ said:

- Is Cormier a draw the level of a McGregor, Rousey, or Lesnar? If not, is this potentially Dana White's attempt to make him that elusive star UFC needs right now by pushing him up against the more well-known Lesnar, who, by the little I've read, is perceived to be the lesser fighter in 2018?

it's more just whichever top guy was there at that moment was gonna face Brock. They originally tried to set up Jon Jones vs. Brock last year when Jones beat Cormier and then called out Brock before Jones went down with another drug test fail suspension. Basically it was Stipe vs. Cormier with a Winner Fights Brock stipulation.

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

- On Vince's side, is it possible that he is taking the gamble that Lesnar somehow wins the UFC Championship and then he'd have not only the WWE Universal Champion but also the UFC Champion under contract? That he sees this, even if it is a longshot, to be a risk worth taking because of how much it could mean for a WrestleMania? For the company's big return to broadcast TV? It seems ludicrous to take that risk for a number of reasons, but its hard to deny that while everyone and their mother complain about Vince's "boner" for Roman Reigns, its been Brock Lesnar he's been unwilling to move out of the main event for the past 3 years. 

- Everyone's been talking about how Lesnar's involvement in UFC will preclude him from appearing/wrestling on WWE TV. Why? How long is your typical UFC training camp? 6 weeks? From what I read, the earliest he can fight in UFC is January. In 2017, Lesnar wrestled at both the Great Balls of Fire and No Mercy shows (not to mention multiple house shows), which suggests to me that while everyone is pointing to Lesnar only wrestling at major shows like SummerSlam or Survivor Series, its just as reasonable to think he could wrestle (and drop the title) in September or October. So, how much does him re-entering the USADA pool really effect his WWE career before, say, December (if he is in fact competing in UFC in January)?

1. DC is not a draw at that level and I don't think Dana is trying to make DC that level of a draw as DC has stated on more than one occasion that he is retiring in March 2019. DC, Dana, and Brock are all trying to get paid. Nothing more. Nothing less.

2. Vince will bust the biggest nut in his life if he gets to walk into any room around the world and say that the biggest PPV draw outside of Mayweather and McGregor works for him. With both Rousey and Lesnar under contract, and Lesnar with a title, it will only help.

3. Lesnar will make it work. If Vince is pulling the strings, UFC will be beholden to WWE. There will be co-promotion and this may even include Dana eating shit and having a UFC WHC defended at WM. The bout would be completely legit, etc. but it will be featured on a card with Wyatt, Ziggler, Rollins, and some other terrible people.