Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/01 - 10/07 LIV'S ALIVE

KawadaSmile

I don't watch the show, so I didn't see it live - here's the link for anyone else who missed it: 

I thought people were exaggerating when they talked about this segment getting "nuclear heat," but, really, I'm not sure the WWE has intentionally (or even unintentionally) got a negative response that went this long and got this loud in years. I also gotta say, as tired as I am of Kevin Owens in the ring, I still think he can be money on the mic. (Bonus point for Renee Young's Detlef Shrempf reference!)

2 hours ago, DMJ said:

I thought people were exaggerating when they talked about this segment getting "nuclear heat," but, really, I'm not sure the WWE has intentionally (or even unintentionally) got a negative response that went this long and got this loud in years. I also gotta say, as tired as I am of Kevin Owens in the ring, I still think he can be money on the mic. (Bonus point for Renee Young's Detlef Shrempf reference!)

And does it even matter since it was about sports and not anything to do with whatever they were presenting? I don't think the crowd bought the attempts to turn it towards Cena. They were still booing, but they weren't booing that. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

And does it even matter since it was about sports and not anything to do with whatever they were presenting? I don't think the crowd bought the attempts to turn it towards Cena. They were still booing, but they weren't booing that. 

Yes, I didn't make this clear enough in my reaction tweets last night - it's all about the Sonics, not really about Elias/Owens.

Oh, I'd wholeheartedly agree that the crowd's booing was all about Elias' Sonics comment and nothing else.

I just also, personally, liked Owens' lines/delivery about them being "great guys" (though I think that nonchalant dickish comments like that are better served by pre-taped, edited videos rather than in front of the live crowd).  

6 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

Not sure I understand the connection, but I see RAW did even worse than last week, which was historically bad.

I guess because some would want to paint the segment as a proof that the promotion is red hot, when the heat had nothing to do with any character on the show, which itself bombed in the ratings. It's really amazing and ridiculous that they got so much money for a show that is at a really low point of its history it seems.