WWE Survivor Series 2018

KawadaSmile

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was on the road when the show happened, so when I got a chance to watch, I decided to skip straight to the good stuff. The women's match was fantastic. Ronda has a Regal/Kandori-esque knack for forcing opponents out of their comfort zone and getting them to work her match while remaining true to themselves. And she has an instinctive grasp of selling, which is probably the most important trait for an inexperienced wrestler to possess. As for the main event, it's probably the best possible Bryan/Lesnar match we can expect at this point. But there was far too much dead time for it to be a truly great match, let alone on the level of the Styles match from last year. I suspect that WWE didn't want the match to be too good for fear of the fans getting behind Bryan too much.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:05 AM, El-P said:

I guess the one match I would have loved is Charlotte vs Ronda. Oh well... 

I think everyone knows your position on WWE by now. Is it really necessary to jump in and post that?

I’m not taking a shot at you, but if you think you would have loved the match, just watch the match. 

4 hours ago, Downend2005 said:

I think everyone knows your position on WWE by now. Is it really necessary to jump in and post that?

Not really. That being said, I do enjoy browsing through the ppv threads, like I used to when I wasn't watching regularly to see what could appeal to me and cherry pick (plus at some point reading the threads was the best part of the PPV's anyway). I guess I posted this time purely out of habit.

I’m not taking a shot at you, 

Of course you are. :) But that's ok. "None taken". But that makes two, wait, three unecessary posts by now, including that one.

but if you think you would have loved the match, just watch the match. 

I could (since I don't have to pay for it anyway). But is it necessary ? Not really.

I checked out the cruiserweight match on a whim. Junior spot-fu will never be my cup of tea, but Ali bumping like he was trying to cash in on a Lloyd's of London insurance policy made it quite the car-crash spectacle. A lot of the reports said they managed to wake up a dead crowd, but I didn't really see it that way. There was a "this is awesome" chant, but it came across to me like the crowd was doing it out of obligation rather than genuine excitement. Like they felt they had to give Ali and Murphy something since they were out there killing themselves.

5 hours ago, El-P said:

Not really. That being said, I do enjoy browsing through the ppv threads, like I used to when I wasn't watching regularly to see what could appeal to me and cherry pick (plus at some point reading the threads was the best part of the PPV's anyway). I guess I posted this time purely out of habit.

Of course you are. :) But that's ok. "None taken". But that makes two, wait, three unecessary posts by now, including that one.

I could (since I don't have to pay for it anyway). But is it necessary ? Not really.

I fail to see how suggesting that you watch a match that you ‘would have loved’ is somehow deemed unnecessary, but I guess that’s neither here nor there, so I’ll drop it.

To keep this on topic, again I’d suggest you watch the match, especially if it’s already the sort of thing that you feel you might enjoy. It’s a really good match, but the post match beat down is excellent. 

Yeah. Charlotte vs. Ronda is worth the watch. I feel like I'm much harder on modern WWE than most around here, but Rousey has been a consistent highlight all year. And this one felt like a hard-hitting FIGHT through and through.

I dug Ali/Murphy well enough. The experience was likely enhanced by watching it with my 10-year old nephew, who loves wrestling the most right now. He immediately took to Ali, basically based on the entrance gear & music. Dude stepped out looking like Iron Man got Glacier pregnant, and that first impression got him over in my living room. It was fun seeing my nephew react to all the big spots, so yeah. Good stuff.

I feel like there was a lot of stuff on this show I'll never go out of my way to watch, but these two + the main event means it wasn't a total loss... Which is about the best you'll get from main roster WWE slogs these days.