Pro Wrestling Only

SID~! wants to return to WWE

sek69

Read in the latest WON that Sid wants to return to WWE. He's still in shape and with the rash of injuries in WWE I'm sure they'd be open to it.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Especially if they bring back the sparklers spelling out SID above the ring. I'd pretty much mail my wallet to Titan Towers if during a Cena promo he got powerbombed out of his camo shorts by the Master and Ruler of the World.

I doubt this will happen. He has a shoot interview with RF coming out where he supposedly trashes Ric Flair and Arn Anderson based on their comments on the Four Horsemen DVD, and HHH has also criticized him a lot in the past. Too many forces against it happening for it to happen.

Come on now, I know Sid's a big guy and therefore deemed to be of no use to the people who are into wrestling as an art, but I don't want to be a fan of wrestling if there's no place for Sid.

Just because there was a place in major league wrestling for Sid a decade ago, doesn't mean there is a place for him today. He was an unreliable, volatile, injury prone egomaniac who even in his prime absolutely sucked as an in ring worker and failed to draw on top despite numerous opportunities. Having only worked a handful of dates in the last six years and now being in his mid 40s, he'll suck even worse today and his star power will have been completely eroded by being off TV for so long. It would be incredibly reckless for WWE to bring him back and give him a huge push right off the bat sight unseen given his track record and lack of recent ring time. Doesn't everyone remember what happened when Vader and Goldust were brought back about 18 months ago?

Comparing Goldust to Sid is a pretty massive stretch.

Also when they initially brought Goldust back in 02 it worked very well.

The fact is if the WWE is committed to bringing someone in and pushing them in a substantial way, they have the tools to do it. It's hard to imagine that Sid would be viewed as less credible than Mark Henry or JBL were when they got there big tim pushes.

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because of the tidbits contained in the latest Memphis TV report on WO.com:

----"Hollywood" Jimmy brought out three painting [by David Burcham – a writer for Jimmy’s web site]. One was him being arrested and him crying. Jimmy started talking about special treatment in jails in Memphis - he had Lawler with "jailrats" and Lawler sitting on his throne. LOL The third painting was Lawler with "Big Bubba". This was real funny. Lawler comes out and starts punching Blaylock. Johnny Rotten walks out and jumps Lawler. Corey sells it hard - "that is Johnny Rotten!!" Lawler pulls down his strap and makes his comeback. Sid Vicious comes up behind him and then chokes him and slams him down with a leg sweep. Vicious then makes Hollywood Jimmy leave the ring. Rotten takes photos of Sid with a beaten Lawler with his cell phone. Security comes out to help Lawler. Maclin sold this so good!! Great freakin angle!! Crowd was hot!!

----Sid Vicious does interview backstage with a red light on him and Rotten standing behind him. It was a strange interview. Not good, not bad. He was just very quite (sic) telling Lawler that after their bout, Lawler will say he is the Master.

----Lawler comes out for an interview. He talks about Sid wanting to make a WWE comeback and trying to walk over him on his way going. I am going to show up at "Sam's Town". Good interview.

Oh man, I want to see Lawler vs Sid so bad.

Also, if Sid working in Memphis means a WWE return is more likely, I am a happy man.