Pro Wrestling Only

WWE/NXT Halftime Heat: Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream, Aleister Black, and Ricochet

C.S.

Fun little match so far.

The WWE Performance Center looks incredible. I now want a studio show set there every week.

The crowd is molten hot for such a small crowd.

HBK looks like he's on his way to Sturges for Road Wild. Not sure what to think of his commentary yet. 

Having occasional minor feed quality issues, which makes me wonder if this has a bigger audience than WWE anticipated or if there's some other issue. The last NXT TakeOver had 1-2 small glitches for me, but Rumble was perfect while this is not, so go figure. I rarely have problems with any other streaming service, so I can never figure out why WWE Network is so finicky sometimes.

Fun little match. Nothing will beat Foley vs. Rock for me - because as ridiculous as that was, it was a true spectacle - but this was cool, and I hope it's something we get every year going forward.

SPOILER FOR THIS AND WORLDS COLLIDE:

I didn't expect Dream to win both, and I didn't expect Cole to drop matches both there and here. I wonder what's going on with Cole? De-push? Being called up?

3 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

100 mph spotfest- o- rama. Basically a highlights video as a match 

To be fair, they were limited by how long/short the actual Super Bowl Halftime is, so I understand it - and I was expecting it, so the match was fine to me.

This is going to sound supremely superficial and shallow - and that's because it is - but I really dig Ricochet's presentation in NXT.

Pick apart his pacing or his matches if you want, but the guy carries himself like a star. The entrance is especially awesome.

His theme isn't one of those that has crowds singing along or anything, but it seriously sounds like the cinematic score to a superhero battle scene or something. And it's fitting, because the dude looks like a Marvel character come to life.

Of course the same applies to Dream (x ten), but I just thought I'd shed a little light on the lesser-recognized of the two for a change.

That's all I got.

This match should be a thrilling spotfest exhibition and thats exactly what this was. If there was ever a time to say "Fuck Psychology. Fuck Selling." it was right here and they want balls to the fucking wall. If you are going to do a spotfest, go all in. My big problem with the Dragon Gate bullshit is their spotfests are just ok and consist of a bunch of modified slams. This was fun and cool. Dream is better in a longer match when he can do his character work. I thought this would be where Ricochet would shine and he did well, but to me the breakout star was Aleister Fucking Black. 

The Dutch had a great kickboxing tradition in the 90s and early 00s. Aleister Black is the next generation and he looked phenomenal. Those kicks looked incredible. He looked like he kicked some people's heads off. Made me a fan. Excellent match exactly what it should be. ****1/4

8 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

This is going to sound supremely superficial and shallow - and that's because it is - but I really dig Ricochet's presentation in NXT.

Pick apart his pacing or his matches if you want, but the guy carries himself like a star. The entrance is especially awesome.

His theme isn't one of those that has crowds singing along or anything, but it seriously sounds like the cinematic score to a superhero battle scene or something. And it's fitting, because the dude looks like a Marvel character come to life.

Of course the same applies to Dream (x ten), but I just thought I'd shed a little light on the lesser-recognized of the two for a change.

That's all I got.

Yeah, his entrance is excellent. Great superhero vibe. I think I prefer him in these multi-man tags because cycling people in and out of the ring means he gets less time for his more egregious shit.

The match was a complete spotfest but it was fun for what it was. Hopefully the results of this weekend is a sign that they're ready to push Dream as the star of the promotion.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, NintendoLogic said:

Dave said on Twitter that if you liked this match, you'll love the last few years of PWG. That sounds about right.

He said it was exactly the same as a PWG match, and then he couldn't help himself and had to say it wasn't as deep (or layered.. can't remember the exact word he used) as NJPW, which is a criticism he never uses of PWG...