Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2019

KawadaSmile

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite the roller roaster ride at the end. I'm sure everybody knew deep down that Kofi Kingston wasn't going to win the WWE championship, but they worked it well enough to create a seed of doubt. At the very least, Kofi should have worked himself into a title match at Wrestlemania.

I'm mildly surprised that they didn't do an angle at the end.

I also just don't get why people want to talk about the New Day turning. Them running to Kofi to support him after the match is exactly the sort of thing WWE lacks. It's a really positive, non-contrived moment.

I wouldn't consider a turn until one of them wins the title. Then you can tell a natural story about one of the other guys wanting the title, and that getting in the way of their friendship. You can main event multiple shows with that turn.

This PPV was dope. There's really not much that was bad, and the highs were pretty damn high;

• Women's EC was very, very good, and really damn enjoyable. A couple of amazing performances by Sonya DeYamaville, Liv Hashimorgan and Akiyamandy Rose. Finish was really, really fucking strong.
  • SD Tag was dope. Shane is willing to kill himself and Miz is still one of the best workers in the company.
  • IC match was fun. Finn bouncing around Lashley and Lio bouncing for Finn was a nice "food-chain" psychology.
  • RAW's Women Title was a fun angle. A shame that Ruby was at the receiving end of a squash, but the post-match was everything.
  • Main event is perfection. Kofi HAS to get that title at WM.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I don't know if they need to turn members of the New Day heel but these guys to me are being wasted on a stale comedy gimmick.  I mean Big E should have having a main event push at once or twice and all he is doing is sticking pancakes down his pants

Hopefully they use this as a springboard to give them all more serious roles. The pancakes and neon tights have clearly run there course. There was no pop for their entrance but by the end Kofi has been coronated by the audience. Maybe they split after Mania and we get a Kofi-Big E feud over the strap?

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I don't think they should feud at all. Sure, they can have more serious roles, but showing unity even after one of their members wins a singles titles - the main title - would be wholesome content. I would hate to see them fight each other more than anything.

That's exactly why they'll do it. Gotta get that HEAT~!

It is so refreshing to see a WWE crowd totally invested in the outcome of a match rather than just wanting it to be good. Kofi! Kofi! Kofi! I also think it's no coincidence that babyface Daniel Bryan was the guy everyone desperately wanted to win the title more than anything else (that Cena match at Summerslam 2013 is rare example of crowds truly getting behind Cena's opponent rather than just chanting Cena sucks), and now he's turned heel they desperately want his opponent to take it from him. All-timer.

I might calm down by tomorrow but at the moment I'm ****3/4 on that match. Best Chamber match ever. Even the opening minutes were still really good with Bryan and Joe stiffing each other.

17 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

It is so refreshing to see a WWE crowd totally invested in the outcome of a match rather than just wanting it to be good. Kofi! Kofi! Kofi! I also think it's no coincidence that babyface Daniel Bryan was the guy everyone desperately wanted to win the title more than anything else (that Cena match at Summerslam 2013 is rare example of crowds truly getting behind Cena's opponent rather than just chanting Cena sucks), and now he's turned heel they desperately want his opponent to take it from him. All-timer.

I might calm down by tomorrow but at the moment I'm ****3/4 on that match. Best Chamber match ever. Even the opening minutes were still really good with Bryan and Joe stiffing each other.

I don’t give match ratings, but I think this would be a 5 star to me personally. Perfect match for the characters involved. Potentially the best “Big Gimmicky Multiman Spectacle Match” ever, unless you count War Games in that catagory.