Mania Week Insanity 2019

El-P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of going, but I'm getting my knee scoped the week before so I'm out. I'll probably cherry pick matches...Ā 

Matches I'm looking forward to-Ā 

MiSu vs Barnett - Blood Sport

Thatcher vs Hideki Suzuki - Blood Sport

Park vs Pentagon MLW

Pentagon and Fenix vs RVD and Sabu - Impact

Garagano vs Cole NXT

Dunne vs Walter NXT

Whatever Onita is doing

The IWGP title match

IWGP Jr title match

Park vs Masato Tanaka

Becky vs Rousy vs Charlotte Flair

I'm still thinking about buying my way into Takeover or the MSG show, but watching from the couch doesn't sound too shabby given I've got a new infant at home.Ā  It'll be a game time call but I'm stoked for a big couch weekend.Ā Ā 

Very disappointed by the Evolve/WWN lineups as those look unusually weak, and I can't say WXW's or DDT's have blown me away either.Ā  There doesn't seem to be a killer show outside of the big ones.

2 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

I'm still thinking about buying my way into Takeover or the MSG show, but watching from the couch doesn't sound too shabby given I've got a new infant at home.Ā  It'll be a game time call but I'm stoked for a big couch weekend.Ā Ā 

Very disappointed by the Evolve/WWN lineups as those look unusually weak, and I can't say WXW's or DDT's have blown me away either.Ā  There doesn't seem to be a killer show outside of the big ones.ļ»æ

Yeah, it's a bit weird as I'm trying to figure out my weekend schedule. The Thursday night MLW lineup looks fairly strong (and it's like 10 minutes from my apartment), but otherwise there's not a lot making me feel like I have to see it. Will probably go to the Penis Party (lot of fun talent on that) and Pancakes and Piledrivers (want to go to Wrestlecon that day anyway), but not overly jacked about either.

If I can, I'll definitely check the IWS show on IWTV on Saturday afternoon. They're riding on quite a wave since their return and their 20th anniversary show card this Saturday night is LOADED : Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Little Guido, Mark Andrews (subbing for Tyler Bate), Trent Seven, Veda Scott and DJZ are all working that card.

Plus, in Jersey, they already got Rory Gulak, Ophidian, Arik Cannon, Addy Starr, Solo Darling & Veda Scott (w/the winner of the 3-Way women's match winning the vacant IWS Women's Championship) confirmed. And I think ISW also has a show on that same day or on the Friday but I'm not sure yet. So those are my two biggest interests so far.

5 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Very disappointed by the Evolve/WWN lineups as those look unusually weak, and I can't say WXW's or DDT's have blown me away either.Ā  There doesn't seem to be a killer show outside of the big ones.

I'm really excited for the Dasher Hatfield vs. Mr. Touchdown Ladder Match because the angle leading up to it has been very good.

Going to be in New York for this, going to NXT & MSG and those are looking like the on paper best shows, with NXT clearly looking better. The Wrestlecon supershow probably be very enjoyable too, with Bandido-Osprey and Cavernario-Dragon Lee.

And if anyone wants two tickets to the Friday night Janella show hit me up in the DMs. The friend i'm going with bought them before the NXT show got announced as being at the same time.

After NXT on Friday night, plug for the Xtremely Serious Wrestling show at the PIT Loft at 10:30. We've had some pretty fun guests show up recently (Orange Cassidy, Tracy Williams) in addition to our normal crop of comedy all-stars (including some Chris Gethard Show alums). You can check out some of the older shows on IW.TV to get a feel of what the show is all about.

https://thepit-nyc.com/events/xtremely-serious-wrestling/

"This is camping !" is my new favourite chant. The tent was probably the highlight of the WrestlePro show, along withĀ Scarlett putting a guy through wood and Santana Jackson, who's quite the novelty kind of worker. Bah & KM vs Massage Force and the BWO was the highlight of the gauntlet. Bunny Demon vs Team Tremendous was quite funny. Dan Maff vs Swoggle was good for what it was, but I admit I didn't get that much out of it (I guess I'm not a huge Swoggle fan). Main event was also quite by the number. Anyway, shit's on.

I watched a new El Dandy match from 1992 today? Plus a good chunk of that Wrestlemania 3 press conference.Ā 

I completelyĀ trust you guys to collate and recap all of the stuff going on this week and pointĀ it at me later, maybe during Secret Santo in July 2019.

(I do want to catch that Dragon Lee vs Cavernario match though)

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I watched a new El Dandy match from 1992 today? Plus a good chunk of that Wrestlemania 3 press conference.Ā 

I completelyĀ trust you guys to collate and recap all of the stuff going on this week and pointĀ it at me later, maybe during Secret Santo in July 2019.

(I do want to catch that Dragon Lee vs Cavernario match though)

I guess that means you watched that singles match Dandy had with SalvajeĀ  in Guadalajara then?