Pro Wrestling Only

ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard at MSG

sek69

Mixed bag of a show, but the NJPW stuff overall I think was really good. Cobb-Ospreay was insane, Ibushi-Naito was awesome if somewhat uncomfortable with all the neck bumps, the Junior Heavyweight Title match was tremendous, the tag title match was really good even if the wrong team won, and I might be biased but the main event delivered as well.

The New Japan part of the show was mostly awesome.

The ROH part was... well, ok, PCO came off like a star, really glad for his insane ass. Brody King is just that too. The rest... And the future plans involved Enzo & Cass ? And the Beautiful People (and don't get me wrong, I really like their TNA stuff) ? 

But this card was sold on NJPW & Omega, not Matt Taven vs Jay White.... The real main event guys were Ibushi, Naito & Okada, don't kid yourselves.

So yeah, some terrific NJPW stuff in the MSG, plus PCO coming back 25 years after a  cut-short match against Men on a Mission to take some of the most spectacular bumps of the week-end, one year after making himself relevant again at Spring Break. Bien joué mon gars.

57 minutes ago, El-P said:

The New Japan part of the show was mostly awesome.

The ROH part was... well, ok, PCO came off like a star, really glad for his insane ass. Brody King is just that too. The rest... And the future plans involved Enzo & Cass ? And the Beautiful People (and don't get me wrong, I really like their TNA stuff) ? 

But this card was sold on NJPW & Omega, not Matt Taven vs Jay White.... The real main event guys were Ibushi, Naito & Okada, don't kid yourselves.

So yeah, some terrific NJPW stuff in the MSG, plus PCO coming back 25 years after a  cut-short match against Men on a Mission to take some of the most spectacular bumps of the week-end, one year after making himself relevant again at Spring Break. Bien joué mon gars.

Yep, pretty much where I am. Although I did like the Rush-Dalton squash and the street fight was more fun that it had any right to be. Went too long for freaking Bully Ray though.

Was there live. Pretty good night on the whole, mainly agree with what's been said so far. I'm not sure how well the main event will hold up on TV, but it that reversal sequence in the end really landed in the arena. You could feel everyone's terror that Jay White might win, and relief on that second Rainmaker. 

Also, the reaction for Muta was insane.

I enjoyed all of the NJPW  and NPWw/ROH  co - branded matches. The woman  's match was just terrible . The Dalton Castle/ Boys , Allure  and Enzo/ Cass angles should have been saved for TV not a PPV .  IMOO , PPV 's are for blow off matches not creating new storylines.  The Ladder match was fine , just not the proper way to decide a world title match.

I think it was safe to say that Bubba has the book. The ladder match , street fight and return  of  the Beautiful People  are proof .   Hopefully ROH has hit it bottom and will start to improve.  You shall see.

I know my tastes can be a bit eclectic, but I truly don't get all the hate towards the women's match. I thought Klein did a good job bullying Mayu, and of course Mayu is always great ragdolling around and making cool comebacks. It wasn't MOTN or anything but I thought it was perfectly good. Was not a fan at all of the post match but that's another story.