Pro Wrestling Only

The Official Seth Rollins is Terrible Thread

KawadaSmile

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDITED because of the retraction someone posted above.

Kept this part because I thought it was worth discussing:

I do believe that Seth is still liked and appreciated by his peers. I get the feeling that they sympathize with his frustrations and while they may not agree 100% with his tweets or even necessarily how positive he is about the company,  I do think they respect his effort, experience, etc. I mean, we have a thread here based entirely on how terrible we think Seth Rollins is. I know it comes with the territory when you're an athlete/entertainer, but, to his co-workers, he's a real, living, breathing human being who does appear to be trying. I don't think anyone here has ever even accused him of laziness or indifference. He clearly is a hard-working guy.

Unfortunately, to me, he works harder not smarter, embodies the whole concept of a "video game wrestler," and, by defending WWE Creative and making claims about being the best wrestler on the planet, has essentially positioned himself right in front of the basket waiting to be dunked on. 

I'll never take away his work ethic, that's for sure. But like I said many times, getting in Twitter fights with workers from rival promotions will not endear you in the slightest way towards wrestling fans. And eventually, his co-workers if he happens to put his foot in his mouth. Obviously, it seems like he was right to have a gripe about Meltzer's reporting and good for him to call him out and everything but still, it's like Seth is sometimes waiting for the slightest occasion to pick a fight with someone over his work or the WWE product in general.

8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Cena was able to disguise the rot for a while, but he also helped to accelerate it.

Honestly, I think this is one of the most fascinating issue when you reflect back at the last 15 years. John Cena was the tree that hid the forest, in the super favourable context of monopoly.