Pro Wrestling Only

The Official Seth Rollins is Terrible Thread

KawadaSmile

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand what makes Seth so uniquely terrible as to warrant a thread specifically dedicated to dunking on him. Is it because his matches are built around action and movez at the expense of drama and storytelling? The same could be said of 95% of the roster. Is it because he's a company shill? Roman Reigns just gave an interview to ESPN throwing Moxley under the bus and defending the creative process that tried to turn his cancer into an angle. Is it because he's pushed beyond his capabilities? Trust me, you'd all be hating anyone else WWE put in his position just as much. Nobody gets ahead in the company without proving their absolute loyalty by debasing themselves the way Rollins has. WWE is the matador, Rollins is just the cape.

Other than all the stuff people have been saying lately I can remember a bunch of posters here back in 2015 when he got his heel push saying he had a real annoying sounding voice. Nasally and whiny.  I think that goes along way in not liking a performer more than we think. Just a guess there though

I think the fact that he arguably got booked better than Roman during this run probably irked a lot of people as well.  He got to go over Brock clean at Mania while Roman failed twice there.  He won the Rumble with no fan backlash while the crowds turned on Roman in 2015. Again just a guess

26 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Other than all the stuff people have been saying lately I can remember a bunch of posters here back in 2015 when he got his heel push saying he had a real annoying sounding voice. Nasally and whiny.  I think that goes along way in not liking a performer more than we think. Just a guess there though

Same. His entrance music is terrible too in an obnoxious, not this guy way. 

I am sympathetic towards him in terms of existing in an era of TV overexposure and poor Creative though. 

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I still don't understand what makes Seth so uniquely terrible as to warrant a thread specifically dedicated to dunking on him. 

Easy: much like when Roman was at the top, weekly TV threads started to become repetitive arguments about the same subject - previously, if Roman was or not the guy, and how his push was handled; now, if Seth fucking sucks or not.

Imagine if in the mid 90s, every thread led to a Bret vs HBK discussion. Wouldn't it be better to have a self contained thread to discuss that single subject?

BTW: Seth is an awful friend. When Roman got back the Universal Title, he went out of his way to give Balor a title shot. Rollins wins it at WM after Roman has to vacate it due to cancer, and he never did something similar. Looks bad!

Seth Rollins has the best entrance music in all of wrestling, maybe ever. That is a glorious slab of head banging metal. Slipknot wishes it wrote something good. It is the only good thing about him. 

I don't have many problems with Rollins in-ring that is specific to him. He has a lot of the same problems his peers have. I think he has the Lex Luger problem. He is a better character as a heel, but he is a better in-ring wrestler as a babyface. Rollins is just so lame on the mic as a babyface. I would not follow that dweeb tool anywhere. His bitching that Brock Lesnar is a not a good champion for the brand is just a bunch of smart mark whining. Save it for the marketing meeting, brutha. That's what I feel like is that wrestling has become one big marketing meeting. Wrestlers complain about their adversary not being entertaining enough as the crux of their feud. It is so lame. What happened to personal feuds? What happened to wanting to be the best? C'mon, Rollins beat Brock because he nutshotted him not once, not twice, but three times. What a loser babyface! 

Good on Brock for bringing it up. Cant remember what promo. It was when Brock has the MITB. Rollins said something about beating him and Brock loudly said "Only because you hit me in the balls". What dumb booking for a babyface. You can claim that a lot of Rollins hate is generated by how he is booked and the content he has to speak, but man he does not make it sound. The only person that can really make WWE speak sound remotely normal and entertaining is Alexa Bliss. 

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Since when is it the champion's job to track down challengers for his belt? You come to the champ, the champ doesn't come to you.

Noble babyface giving someone a title shot, specially when that person was the champ and never really lost it in a match, is not that bad of a look. It's something very minor to me, though.

He's unfortunate in a sense. You know how we talk about how some performers just have 'it' that makes them more than the sum for their parts? Hogan or Rock would be the perfect example. Well for me, Seth had the opposite of 'it' when he's booked in a main event programme.

1 hour ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

Seth Rollins has the best entrance music in all of wrestling, maybe ever. That is a glorious slab of head banging metal. Slipknot wishes it wrote something good. It is the only good thing about him. 

Wow I couldn't disagree more. Worst entrance music in the company. Utter shit. No hook, no groove. Intro has no 'pop'. Seth is such a shit generic package in general.

Most of us couldn't stand Seth back in 2015 during his heel reign of terror, at least that's what I remember. That was an all time bad champ run.

They haven't done him any favours lately in terms of presentation and booking. He was mega over last year and early this year. Having no credible heels ready after mania killed the main event scene dead for months. The Baron Corbin run hurt him, the Twitter idiocy soured people and so did being Becky Lynch's boyfriend, and while I can't fault them for trying that stupid shit killed both their momentum for good. 

He's not a top guy. All you have to do is look at him out there in his t shirt every week. And that's before you get to his rotten promos. But I don't know why you'd wanna cheer any guy that's been written like him the last few weeks. They shit the bed with all their baby faces. Especially the top ones. Someone who struggles to be naturally likable like Seth is gonna struggle.  And when you take someone bland like Seth and present him in a very bland way, he's gonna be, well . . .BLAND! 

I want him out the title picture for good. But I don't know who I want on top at this point. Everybody feels like damaged goofs. Bray? Only so long till that gets boring and we all want him off our screens again. And they'll never put him over Brock. Roman should be the biggest thing in the world but he's a joke that hasn't even got a match for Summslam. And, of course Braun. Poor Braun. He fucking has it all. And they fucking had it with him for a bit as well, and they blew it. He's nowhere to be found. He hasn't had a big match in years. I don't know who's gonna take the mantle in this company. There's zero stars. Zero of 'em.

Seth's entrance music probably isn't in the top 50 of current wrestling themes but at least the 'Burn It Down' bit got him some artificial pops.

WWE entrance themes in general are pretty shit these days. And I hate how CFOS put that little second of silence in almost every theme.

1 hour ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Wow I couldn't disagree more. Worst entrance music in the company. Utter shit. No hook, no groove. Intro has no 'pop'. Seth is such a shit generic package in general.

Most of us couldn't stand Seth back in 2015 during his heel reign of terror, at least that's what I remember. That was an all time bad champ run.

They haven't done him any favours lately in terms of presentation and booking. He was mega over last year and early this year. Having no credible heels ready after mania killed the main event scene dead for months. The Baron Corbin run hurt him, the Twitter idiocy soured people and so did being Becky Lynch's boyfriend, and while I can't fault them for trying that stupid shit killed both their momentum for good. 

He's not a top guy. All you have to do is look at him out there in his t shirt every week. And that's before you get to his rotten promos. But I don't know why you'd wanna cheer any guy that's been written like him the last few weeks. They shit the bed with all their baby faces. Especially the top ones. Someone who struggles to be naturally likable like Seth is gonna struggle.  And when you take someone bland like Seth and present him in a very bland way, he's gonna be, well . . .BLAND! 

I want him out the title picture for good. But I don't know who I want on top at this point. Everybody feels like damaged goofs. Bray? Only so long till that gets boring and we all want him off our screens again. And they'll never put him over Brock. Roman should be the biggest thing in the world but he's a joke that hasn't even got a match for Summslam. And, of course Braun. Poor Braun. He fucking has it all. And they fucking had it with him for a bit as well, and they blew it. He's nowhere to be found. He hasn't had a big match in years. I don't know who's gonna take the mantle in this company. There's zero stars. Zero of 'em.

I know he isn't well regarded here but the obvious answer to this question is Finn Balor as their top guy. He's seriously over with the live crowds even when he's treading water. Balor also has that certain amount of edge when allowed that makes him more interesting than Rollins. I also think Sami Zayn was a top level face act that they kind of missed their chance on.

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Since when is it the champion's job to track down challengers for his belt? You come to the champ, the champ doesn't come to you.

This isn't always the case in WWE. For example Cena handpicking Bryan. There have been other cases too that were along the lines of "This guy has impressed me and deserves a title shot". 

Cena hand-picking Bryan was also lame, and I think it played a role in Bryan's drawing power not matching the reactions he received from live audiences. Granted, WWE did so many things booking-wise with Bryan in mid-to-late 2013 that would have sunk just about any other wrestler that it's hard to pick out any one for emphasis, but it seemed to be intended to establish him as a cut below the real stars.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I know he isn't well regarded here but the obvious answer to this question is Finn Balor as their top guy. He's seriously over with the live crowds even when he's treading water. Balor also has that certain amount of edge when allowed that makes him more interesting than Rollins. I also think Sami Zayn was a top level face act that they kind of missed their chance on.

Zayn's run to the NXT title was the Daniel Bryan push done right. Surely that should've been pretty replicable when he came up, especially as Bryan was out of action.

7 hours ago, rovert said:

I am sympathetic towards him in terms of existing in an era of TV overexposure and poor Creative though. 

That could go for the entire roster, couldn't it? 

Id rather shit in my hands and clap than sit through Rollins. I dunno what it is but I've never had time for him. If he was wrestling or, god forbid, talking in my garden I'd shut the window and close the curtains. 

12 hours ago, FMKK said:

Zayn's run to the NXT title was the Daniel Bryan push done right. Surely that should've been pretty replicable when he came up, especially as Bryan was out of action.

Yeah and he never got that big win over Owens that it feels like they were hanging out there to finally put him over big. But I guess it wouldn't be WWE without screwing up obvious pushes. 

I totally agree that Rollins as "default top babyface" after Reigns had to take medical leave was an unfortunate thing - but, again, the other main issue is that, going as far back as 2015, it was clear The Shield were going to be the top 3 pushed guys and a number of really hot acts - from Braun to Finn Balor to even The Miz's great heel work in 2017 (?) - were kind of unappreciated. I'd also posit that Samoa Joe showed some life in that time, though, again, his booking has been all over the place (the feud with Lesnar, for example, was very well-received). There was also Rusev Day. There was also John Cena essentially stuck in WWE Purgatory for the past two Manias and, in 2018 at least, he was actually around and on TV for all of the Mania build. This one is a stretch but I'd also throw out Big E's name. I think if you had orchested a situation where you had Brock Lesnar staring face-to-face with Big E, although the height difference would be noticeable, a live crowd would lose their shit at those two dudes - and, though its diminished now - New Day was still plenty over in 2017/2018. 

Now, I don't think Samoa Joe or Rusev or Braun or heel Miz could be more successful than Rollins in the role that Rollins is playing as the fighting babyface World Champion who is main eventing the show every week for months at a time. Maybe Finn or E could pull it off. But any of the other guys listed could've worked in a slightly different - daresay more traditional - World Champion role for a couple of months.

I'm not a huge fan of Kofi Kingston's post-Mania run, but at the very least, him being World Champion still feels fresh and different. That's something you can't say for Rollins (or Reigns) in 2019. At least Lesnar, who I really hope wins on Sunday, still has somewhat of an aura and mystique in my eyes.