Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 1

FMKK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mad Dog said:

I would be down for them building to a Pac vs. Cody for the AEW Title at the PPV after the upcoming one.

Yeah, I think that seems like the obvious path. With Kenny going through the men who beat him/people who Cody beat to win the title at Double Or Nothing or All Out 2.

3 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Is this going to be your new 'Asuka isn't over' or 'Mauro is a good commentator' hot take for AEW?

Asuka has barely been used all year, and pretty much no one cares anymore. Even PWO can't be bothered to give much of a fuck.

Mauro is universally considered good outside of PWO, so you might want to step outside the PWO bubble for a bit.

PAC is a "good hand" but he's a lower midcard guy who has never been particularly over, certainly doesn't warrant a major push, and feels like a wasted signing compared to all the better ways that money could've been used.  

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

That means we would need Dustin vs. Pac which I would also be down for.

I was thinking as in Kenny getting his wins back on Jericho and PAC, who Cody also happens to have beaten on PPV by that point but I'm all for more Dustin matches. And really, anyone feuding with Cody should be doing beatdown angles on Dustin in the build.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Asuka has barely been used all year, and pretty much no one cares anymore. Even PWO can't be bothered to give much of a fuck.

Mauro is universally considered good outside of PWO, so you might want to step outside the PWO bubble for a bit.

PAC is a "good hand" but he's a lower midcard guy who has never been particularly over, certainly doesn't warrant a major push, and feels like a wasted signing compared to all the better ways that money could've been used.  

People already rallied behind Asuka last year and managed to get her a brief push and title reign due to her overness. You can't expect people to do much more when she's just added to the list of squandered talents who're running around in hardcore title segments like complete geeks. You've got a demoralised fan base there.

My entire Twitter timeline, I know not exactly representative but wider than PWO, buries Mauro all the time.

And I just disagree on PAC. Strong worker, can be a good promo as a heel. He needs time to get an actual push before we can judge how over he can get.

4 minutes ago, FMKK said:

My entire Twitter timeline, I know not exactly representative but wider than PWO, buries Mauro all the time. 

My entire Twitter timeline

Twitter

There's your answer there. Twitter in general is pretty negative and toxic.

People already rallied behind Asuka last year and managed to get her a brief push and title reign due to her overness. You can't expect people to do much more when she's just added to the list of squandered talents who're running around in hardcore title segments like complete geeks. You've got a demoralised fan base there. 

I'll agree with this much.

5 minutes ago, FMKK said:

And I just disagree on PAC. Strong worker, can be a good promo as a heel. He needs time to get an actual push before we can judge how over he can get.

He's not a star. He will never be a star. Currently, he's beating stars, which is an issue IMO.

He can be a good heel gatekeeper type, but that's his ceiling. Doesn't mean AEW won't force him into a higher spot, but it won't ever work. 

1 minute ago, FMKK said:

I appreciate going all out to have lots of action in week one but I think they could've used more promos tbh

I think the commentators did a good job filling that gap for people.

I know a couple of lapsed fans that watched tonight and both commented that they are shocked that they made it this far and didn't get bored.