Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 1

FMKK

25 minutes ago, joeg said:

I don't think its unreasonable to expect pro wrestlers to look like athletes and look like work out.  Its hard to suspend disbelief when watching somebody who looks more like one of the fans then a collegiate wrestler or pro football player. 

There are always exceptions though. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Keith Lee.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really digging the build to Cody-Jericho thus far.

And when it comes to wrestlers' looks and the expectation of them looking like athletes, I get it but at the same time I look at how Bobby Eaton and Jerry Lawler had the most unimpressive physiques of any wrestlers I've ever seen and that didn't stop them from becoming huge stars.

7 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I think that's an awesome idea. I was wondering why they were taping so many matches after Dynamite but now I understand. Do we know if it's on tape delay (meaning that this week's premiere will feature the matches taped last week)?

I presume so, otherwise what matches would they use?

I really like the overall aesthetic of Dynamite.  I don't think its a stretch to say that Dynamite looks and feels like Nitro.  The stage and color scheme/lighting in the building seem like a direct callback to that era.  Call it familiar, nostalgic or whatever you'd like, but its nice and different from what we're used to seeing from televised wrestling.

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

I really like the overall aesthetic of Dynamite.  I don't think its a stretch to say that Dynamite looks and feels like Nitro.  The stage and color scheme/lighting in the building seem like a direct callback to that era.  Call it familiar, nostalgic or whatever you'd like, but its nice and different from what we're used to seeing from televised wrestling.

One other thing : Tony Schiavone interviewing people right at the entrance. That brings memories of Mean Gene doing the same in front of the Nitro entrance.

3 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

I never watched during the Monday Night Wars, but from what I HAVE seen of Nitro, I totally got that feel, all the way down to the intro. Love the aesthetic.

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Does it make me a mark if I pull the trigger on buying an AEW hat off of ProWrestlingTees? $30 is a lot of money for a hat with a velcro clasp... 

Yes. Absurd pricing for a hat, and presumably that doesn't even factor in PWT's ridiculous shipping fee, which is the main reason I don't throw money at them.

4 hours ago, Coffey said:

Does it make me a mark if I pull the trigger on buying an AEW hat off of ProWrestlingTees? $30 is a lot of money for a hat with a velcro clasp... 

If you can wait, there's always a Black Friday sale that will knock enough off to cover the shipping.

21 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Yes. Absurd pricing for a hat, and presumably that doesn't even factor in PWT's ridiculous shipping fee, which is the main reason I don't throw money at them.

I wait till sales or stuff is getting cleared out.

Plus I think Hot Topic has all their shirts now.

6 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I wait till sales or stuff is getting cleared out.

Plus I think Hot Topic has all their shirts now.

Hmm, we have a Hot Topic in our barren wasteland that is our local mall (that's on its last legs). You think they carry hats too, or just the shirts? 

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

Hmm, we have a Hot Topic in our barren wasteland that is our local mall (that's on its last legs). You think they carry hats too, or just the shirts? 

I checked Hot Topic's website, and they seem to only have shirts. My guess is the store would be much the same.