Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 1

FMKK

9 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I keep hearing what a great heel MJF is, but his act is way too over-the-top for me. I can't take him seriously because he makes it blatantly clear that he's working a gimmick.

He entertains me, that's what matter most to me, more than taking him seriously. Specially at this point of his career.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

See that green shirt 90s guy has whored himself out to AEW. No doubt he'll be at HIAC. Kinda hope WWE ban him from ringside going forward out of spite 

I just want to know how these geeks get the time and the money 

Some early thoughts:

- Cody/Sammy seemed a bit slow until the Brandi bump.  Very much by the numbers until they built to some great near falls without overdoing it.  I've never quite understood the hype about Guevara but he didn't take anything away from this.  The Jericho angle afterwards was nothing amazing but perfectly solid and credible without overdoing things with any shenanigans.

- I've never quite gotten the buzz about MJF.  He's certainly a heel but the only time I've ever really gotten into him is hanging around as Cody's sidekick.  Too over the top on the mic and he works like a passable manager.

- Pac/Page seemed a bit too long but solid throughout.  Page looked better than he has thus far in AEW.  No complaints about extending this feud, perhaps to the PPV. 

- Much like MJF, I still don't get the hype about Nyla Rose.  In her case perhaps its push rather than hype, but same idea.  Hope she shows something here.

Just now, Mad Dog said:

Nyla is super green. She has some cool moves but I think she largely seems out of her depth so far. I think she needs another year or two to figure out that mean mugging isn't a personality but a lot of indy wrestlers make that mistake.

I think her being the first champ is good publicity for them but I expect them to switch to to Baker soon enough after and establish her as the ace of the division. They seem to like her a lot.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, it's so fucked that Page lost to two ex-WWE guys. Like, both decisions were right, but that is a funny coincidence.

I disagree. PAC shouldn't have won either match (or gotten signed in the first place, but that's another story for another day).

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I disagree. PAC shouldn't have won either match (or gotten signed in the first place, but that's another story for another day).

Is this going to be your new 'Asuka isn't over' or 'Mauro is a good commentator' hot take for AEW?